• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

lose morality, gain morality, eat it for breakfast?

Sravoff

First Post
looking through lords of madness today, and found the morality loss spells. Basically makes you evil, not messing with law and chaos.

Any one done such a thing for the other alighnments? gain morality? or anything?

-Sravoff

[edit] If any one can tell me how to find my old threads please contact me. I have lost numerous classes and such to them falling off the 5 page limit.
scornedthought@yahoo.com
gimmitzraist@hotmail.com
Sravoff "at gaia online"
Thanks in advance. [/edit]

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Your options boil down to three choices -

1) You can buy a community supporter account and thereby access the Search function.

2) You can post in Meta or elsewhere with additional information and request that a community supporter dig up the old threads. Or,

3) You can do the hip, independent thing and sort this forum's threads by thread starter. It's an option in the tools down at the bottom of the forum page, after all the threads on the first page are listed. Then just click through the pages of the forum until you find yourself (it'll take a few minutes to do this since there are a huge number of threads, but it's still hugely faster than going through the hard way).

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Sravoff said:
If any one can tell me how to find my old threads please contact me. I have lost numerous classes and such to them falling off the 5 page limit.

You can also change how many pages are displayed- there is no "5 page limit" unless you've set it. Look around in the My Account pull-down menu. I don't know where it is, exactly, but you can fiddle with it.

@Kelleris- the search function isn't working correctly right now. Option 3 is still a practical option, but the first two are a bit dodgy.

Kelleris

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
@Kelleris- the search function isn't working correctly right now. Option 3 is still a practical option, but the first two are a bit dodgy.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Oh well.

As for the morality question, eh, I was never really impressed with spells that change your alignment. Don't like feats and such that let you wear people down with Diplomacy checks either. So no, I haven't made any similar spells or abilities.

I prefer things that cause certain emotions - rage, despair, or whatever - as they let people have the same sorts of roleplaying opportunities as the alignment warping effects without being quite so heavy-handed.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I was reading the introduction to a book of Lovecraftian fiction, and it mentioned that there was a kind of a gnosticism in the Cthulhu mythos; except that enlightenment brought damnation instead of salvation. This view of secret knowledge is very appropriate to a cthuluesque kind of campaign, one that involves mindflayers, the far realms, and lots of aberrations.

If you restore the notion of secret knowledge (gnosis) to the original context, then it could be a mechanic of making someone moral. It would be especially appropriate if this kind of enlightenment had buddhist overtones, and led to a renunciation of violence, property, sexuality, eating meat and so on.

In Christianity it is assumed that direct experience of God (if it doesn't destroy you) would make it so you could not choose not to love him with all your heart, soul and mind. So you don't need to have a buddhist spin to things. In a Christian context the word "gnosis" is more often associated with a worldview that disregards the importance of proper conduct- if you possess the "secret knowledge" it doesn't matter how you behave. That is more like a loss of morality than a gain. However Christian hermeticism regards gnosis in a positive light.

To see an example of morality being gained, check out the OotS strip where Belkar gets Owl's Wisdom cast on him. I'd post a link, but the site is down at the moment.

It's back: First Aid

"I've wasted my life on anger and needless rage, when I could have been healing. My eyes are finally open. From this day forward, I'm never hurting a living creature ever again."

"Dismiss Owl's Wisdom"

"Let's kill those losers!"

Last edited:

Remove ads