• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost - 4/25/07 "D.O.C." (spoilers)

Demmero

Explorer
IMO, one of the best episodes in a while. Several "Holy crap!" moments. Mikhael...Jin's mom...Sun causing Jin to become an enforcer for her father...that statement at the end of the episode. Wow...just wow! And more good stuff coming next month it seems.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
We learned that Jin is the father of the unborn child and it was Sun’s effort to save her husband from the humiliation of a whore mother that led him to become Peik’s enforcer. However, we still don’t know who killed Sun’s lover, or what became of Jin’s mother in the long term.

I wonder if they are going to kill Sun next season.

It was nice to see Charlie so forceful.

Juliet is working for Benry, who playing everyone (I bet dollars to doughnuts that Benry is setting up his “kidnapping” by Locke next week). That is just status quo. The Others seem to be endlessly playing these mind games, as evidenced by Mikhael not only not being dead, but showing up at exactly the right time with the right skills to save the injured woman. Given that the Others seem to be capable of little besides kidnapping, violence and mind games, I wonder what they did with all their time on the island before the crash gave them people to victimize.

So, the wreckage of Flight 815 was found. Well, that is going to reopen the whole “they are dead and in hell/purgatory/the twilight zone” thing. That rumor has been officially debunked, but the woman’s statement will likely give the theory some new life. It seems like someone is investing vast resources even off the island – i.e. the faking of the discovery of the wreckage. Assuming that part was faked, after all, the wreckage did wash out to sea. However, if the real wreckage was discovered, then whomever discovered it presumably got close to the island to find the debris.

Dubya

Explorer
The Grumpy Celt said:
However, we still don’t know who killed Sun’s lover

Actually, in one of the podcasts from the creators they said that Sun's lover killed himself by jumping from the building.

Dubya

Demmero

Explorer
The Grumpy Celt said:
We learned that Jin is the father of the unborn child and it was Sun’s effort to save her husband from the humiliation of a whore mother that led him to become Peik’s enforcer. However, we still don’t know who killed Sun’s lover, or what became of Jin’s mother in the long term.

You're assuming that Juliet told Sun the truth...a very dangerous thing to do when dealing with an Other. ;)

As for Jin's mother...yet another con (wo)man, to go along with James/Sawyer, James/Sawyer's girlfriend/mark, the original Sawyer, Locke's father, Benry, etc. Lost has TONS of recurring themes and character types.

The Grumpy Celt said:
Juliet is working for Benry, who playing everyone (I bet dollars to doughnuts that Benry is setting up his “kidnapping” by Locke next week). That is just status quo. The Others seem to be endlessly playing these mind games, as evidenced by Mikhael not only not being dead, but showing up at exactly the right time with the right skills to save the injured woman. Given that the Others seem to be capable of little besides kidnapping, violence and mind games, I wonder what they did with all their time on the island before the crash gave them people to victimize.

Ah...the time theme again! :)

My sister caught something when Mikhael said he was killed "last week." Ben told Juliet he'd meet her in a week. With all the time travel/time jump stuff...what if the Others somehow have a Time Reset Switch (hey, Ren & Stimpy had a History Eraser Button, so anything's possible) that lets them jump a week back in time? It would explain Mikhael being alive; it would explain how the Others always seem to be 2-3 steps ahead of the Lostaways.

Also re: Mikhael...I read somewhere else on the internet that folks thought (for some reason that escapes me) that Mikhael (and not her Robert or even Ben) is the biological daughter of Rousseau's Alex. Funny then, isn't it, that he's creeping around one of Rousseau's old hang-outs...or was that trap really a leftover or something set fairly recently? Hmm....

Actually, I believe that Sayid mentioned the cable and power station to Mikhael, so it makes sense that he might be investigating that area. But then it'd be quite the coincidence that the helicopter woman just happened to land in that exact area of the island....

The Grumpy Celt said:
So, the wreckage of Flight 815 was found. Well, that is going to reopen the whole “they are dead and in hell/purgatory/the twilight zone” thing. That rumor has been officially debunked, but the woman’s statement will likely give the theory some new life. It seems like someone is investing vast resources even off the island – i.e. the faking of the discovery of the wreckage. Assuming that part was faked, after all, the wreckage did wash out to sea. However, if the real wreckage was discovered, then whomever discovered it presumably got close to the island to find the debris.

Yeah, you'd think a commercial airliner crash of such magnitude would be pretty impossible to fake. Does the Hanso Foundation or whatever outside organization that's in charge of the island (Mittelos Bioscience?) really have enough money and/or political clout to pull something like that off?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I don't know, I must be getting good at this. It was good but only confirmed a number of 'lines of thinking' for me. I am just surprised the did not show Jack listening in on Jullete and Sun...oh, I lay odds he was in the background. It was also good to heard at least someone is talking to each other and passing information.

I really like the Mikhael character. ;)

The plane thing is no big deal, we know the others are powerful. Lost plane at sea, no problem.

RigaMortus2

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
(I bet dollars to doughnuts that Benry is setting up his “kidnapping” by Locke next week). That is just status quo.

I bet that it isn't really Ben that got kidnapped, but Locke's dad. If you notice, they never show who he has, other than some man tied to a chair with a bag over his head. I am betting Locke questioned his dad, made the connection that his dad and Sawyer have a past (Locke's dad is the same man that is responsible for killing Sawyer's mom, he used the name Sawyer as an alias, and James Ford took the alias for himself). So, Locke just can't seem to bring himself to kill his own dad, so he gets Sawyer to do, who is more apt to do it, because that's why he was in Sydney to begin with, to search for his mother's killer.

Whew...

Banshee16

First Post
The island appears to have healing powers....what if the survivors were actually killed, and "cloned" by the island or something? They're almost like "echoes" of their real selves, who died, and were discovered with the wreckage?

My wife and I were both cheering when Jin pulled some moves on Mikhael.

Desmond had a point though....the survivors have killed more of the Others than the Others have killed survivors..

Banshee

RigaMortus2

First Post
Demmero said:
You're assuming that Juliet told Sun the truth...a very dangerous thing to do when dealing with an Other. ;)

Yeah, but she also left the same info on the recorder for Ben. So unless she is lying to both of them for some reason... Why would she be lying to both Sun and Ben about the D.O.C.?

RigaMortus2

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Desmond had a point though....the survivors have killed more of the Others than the Others have killed survivors..

Banshee

Let's do a head count...

Charlie killed Ethan
Anna Lucia killed Goodwin
Goodwin killed Nathan
Sun killed Pickett's Wife
Juliette killed Pickett - doesn't count, Other on Other action there...
Kate/Jack/Sawyer shot & killed a random Other at end of Season 2

Lostaways 4, Others 1

Am I missing anyone else? Did Ethan kill Steve?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Dubya said:
Actually, in one of the podcasts from the creators they said that Sun's lover killed himself by jumping from the building.

Heh. I had never heard that. Funny that they would kill a plot line like that.

Demmero said:

It felt like the truth. And if it is a lie, then it is the same one she told Benry. And the writers get to wring more drama out of Sun and the fetus's impending death than they could have if the Jin was not the father.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads