Lost 4E Style: Kinslayer--Round 6: All PCs up!

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Ack, I didn't realize you'd decided to forge ahead or I would have replied sooner.

Question regarding my next action, I should have asked this before, but I just assumed it. When the door was burnt from the scorching blast earlier was it enough to have damaged the cloth covering it to be able to have LOS on Thormir from this close a range to the trapdoor.

I.E. my intention was to try to administer to Thormir the healing potion I readied via mage hand, will that be possible and how many actions will it take if so?

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It's not damaged enough yet, but if you blasted it again, it probably would be. Total would be 2 standards and a minor. 1 standard to blast the door again, a minor to move the potion-wielding hand to Thormir and the second standard to administer.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Concentrating Lorn rolled the burning sphere closer to one of the hobgoblins. The creature looked in poor shape, and he prayed the radiating flames would finally do it in.

Then with a sense of purpose he lay the end of his staff directly against the trapdoor that blocked the way to his dying companion and unleashed a reverberating blast of sounded against it, trying to push it out of his way.

[sblock=ooc]

minor: sustain Flaming Sphere

move: move Flaming Sphere to G69

standard: Thunderwave: vs Fort (Target: Trapdoor) (1d20+6=11)
Thunder Damage (1d6+5=11)
Didn't know if you needed a roll for that, but there it is.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just so everybody knows: As I said, this game is not a priority, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it! I'll probably update every 3 days or so, or more if the living games are slower. Thanks for your patience!

Oni, why don't we see you over in Living Eberron? ;)[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

While interested I didn't want to get involved with more than I could keep up with.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Concentrating Lorn rolled the burning sphere closer to one of the hobgoblins. The creature looked in poor shape, and he prayed the radiating flames would finally do it in.

Then with a sense of purpose he lay the end of his staff directly against the trapdoor that blocked the way to his dying companion and unleashed a reverberating blast of sounded against it, trying to push it out of his way. The bamboo barrier shatters under the wizard's onslaught. Lorn can see Thormir unconscious and bleeding not far away.

Thormir's lifeblood flows out of him. His frail state causes his blindness to continue.

[sblock=blindness]save vs blindness (1d20=5) [/sblock]

Stellan steps out of the flank and strikes out with his axe at the hob captain. Ducking the blow, the hob laughs in his face. He speaks in common. "The Prophet is wrong again! You will fall!"

The hob captain is burned by the flaming sphere of the wizard. He steps away from the wizard. Barely on his feet, but still standing tall, he thrusts his spear towards the shifter. the weapon scrapes along the shifter's face, inflicting a gash that bleeds heavily, but in the process the wizard strikes with his staff, hitting him hard in the side of the knee. The hob captain blinks twice, obviously close to fainting from pain. Stellan has taken too much and falls to the ground.

The soldier steps around Stellan, and swings it's flail at his prone form. A crushing blow lands atop his head. With a crunch, the flail slams into his ribs. Only the shifter's regeneration saves him from instant death.

The archer pulls out a blade and attacks Hesh. Hesh is able to deflect his kinsman's weapon with the spinning head of his flail. The shaman behind Hesh moves into the room, speaking words that burn the eyes of the wizard, rendering him unable to see.

sphere damage (1d4+5=8) H6 vs Stellan (1d20+12=19, 1d8+5=12) Hit, barelylorn op at (1d20+3=21, 1d8=2)opp att hits and H1 crits Stellan, nearly killing him. blinding hex vs Lorn (1d20+7=19, 2d6+1=5) blind attack hits Lorn's fort[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 8
Lorn: 23-
Thormir: 18-
Stellan: 16-
Hesh: 15-
Hobgoblins: 11

Stellan -20/44 hp; 4/10(11) surges; 1 AP--Unconscious, dying
Xandren: DEAD
Hesh: 24/36 hp; 5/9(9) surges; 0 AP;
Thormir: -1/42 hp ; 6/11(10) surges; 1 AP; blinded(save ends), dying, 1 failed death save.
Lorn: 21/31 hp; 3/7(7) surges; 1 AP; blinded(save ends)
H1: -24 hp;
H6: -63 hp; bloodied
A2: -22--bloodied
S: -18;
Orange square is flaming sphere

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Reeling, Lorn blinked his eyes only to realize he couldn't see. Desperately reaching out the wall he knew was near he felt his way north in the direction he had seen Thormir. As he moved along the stone wall he concentrated on his spell, keeping his mind busy to quell the rising feeling of panic. He stumbled forward until he ran into Thormir's prone form. Turning a half circle back the way he came Lorn held out his staff blindly. He tried to focus on the sounds going on around him, listening for the sound of approaching feat, ready to blast anything that moved and praying his sight would return.

[sblock=ooc]

move: move to I67

minor: sustain Flaming Sphere

standard: ready thunderwave toward the south away from Thormir's body if I hear anything come into the room.

Saving Throw: Blindness (1d20=5)

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Reeling, Lorn blinked his eyes only to realize he couldn't see. Desperately reaching out the wall he knew was near he felt his way north in the direction he had seen Thormir. As he moved along the stone wall he concentrated on his spell, keeping his mind busy to quell the rising feeling of panic. He stumbled forward until he ran into Thormir's prone form. Turning a half circle back the way he came Lorn held out his staff blindly. He tried to focus on the sounds going on around him, listening for the sound of approaching feat, ready to blast anything that moved and praying his sight would return.

Meanwhile, Thormir and Stellan condition worsens, their lifeblood pooling around them.

[sblock=oo]1d20=2, 1d20=9 [/sblock]

Initiative: Round 8
Lorn: 23-Acted
Thormir: 18-Acted
Stellan: 16-Acted
Hesh: 15-
Hobgoblins: 11

Stellan -20/44 hp; 4/10(11) surges; 1 AP--Unconscious, dying(1 failed death save)
Xandren: DEAD
Hesh: 24/36 hp; 5/9(9) surges; 0 AP;
Thormir: -1/42 hp ; 6/11(10) surges; 1 AP; blinded(save ends), dying, 2 failed death saves.
Lorn: 21/31 hp; 3/7(7) surges; 1 AP; blinded(save ends)
H1: -24 hp;
H6: -63 hp; bloodied
A2: -22--bloodied
S: -18;
Orange square is flaming sphere

Remove ads