• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]no, I didn't spend a HS, they're worth more than 5 hps. I guess the rest we had is insufficient for an extended rest proper?
Thormir would be resting in O15. Is the opening in the wall in p15 sufficient to attack with cover (with a reanged attack, at least). I suppose it's not big enough to enter or exit through it?
Who slept in the restful bedroll by the way?[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Very little time passed between the end of combat and the start of the rain. It probably was about 15 min, then the storm started. The opening at P15 provides cover to those inside, and can be squeezed through. Who slept in the bedroll is up to you guys, but I you did have it on your wishlist. Note though that the power can only be used when an extended rest is completed, so only Xandren could benefit from it right now. Though you didn't know that at the time.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

I'm making the assumption that we've already been awakened by our sentries warning since you didn't mention anything to the contrary. And that I'm probably prone to start due to the whole resting thing. I'll start at P12.

[/sblock]

Awakened from his fitful sleep Lorn peered around in the darkness trying to figure out what was going on. Something was wrong. Seeing the lighter shape of the doorway he crawled toward it to look outside. Seeing movement down the beach advancing toward them Lorn make a small quick flicker with his hand, lighting up half the beach. His eyes widened as the light resolved the shapes in greater clarity. Visions of his last moments before coming here danced in his mind's eye.

NO! Not again...

Raising his staff from the damp sand he pointed it at the horrors in front of him shouting an incantation. An immense rolling ball of fire erupted amoung the walking remains spewing flames toward the armoured one.

[sblock=ooc]

Move: Crawl to N13, since I'm prone even if a sentry is standing there we should be able to share the square.

Minor: Cast Light on L16 that should illuminate anything within 4 squares negating any cover from darkness.

Standard action: Summon Flaming Sphere in I18 attacking the adjacent armoured skeleton in I19. Since the effect describes the attack as originating from the Sphere I'm assuming that the penalty to prone shouldn't apply to the attack, but if you feel otherwise you can subtract 2 from my roll.

Flaming Sphere: Int vs. Ref (1d20+5=20)
Fire Damage (2d6+5=14)

Anything that starts its turn adjacent to the Flaming sphere takes damage.
Fire Damage: Target Order (I19, H17, J18} (1d4+5=8, 1d4+5=6, 1d4+5=6)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:23/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:4/7
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Conditions: Prone
Full character sheet[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Hesh will be at the other end then. I'll wait for everyone to go before me again (geesh, you think my +gobs to Init would do better).

Redclaw

First Post
Stellan rises from his rest, instantly alert and on guard. Something unnatural is out there, he says, teeth bared. Whatever it is must be destroyed.

[sblock=ooc] Stellan will stand in O14, ready to assist if either entrance is breached.

Garyh, we should really work out how the two defenders share the load. [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw]This is the first time I've played a defender in a two defender group, I keep forgetting about you being a Warden. : ) How about you focus on tangling up as many monsters as you can, and I more worry about peeling monsters off the other three (or you) as needed? Since Wardens can mark all adjacent foes for free, and I mark only who I attack, but then can attack them if they don't attack me, that'd seem to put our defending skills to best use. What do you think?[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lorn crawls forward, to the entrance of the ship, prone at the feet of the Xandren. He invokes arcane words and gestures with his staff. A great burning sphere of fire comes into being near the armored skeleton. The sphere rolls into the creature, heating it's armor red-hot. The air around the sphere steams and hisses as the rain strikes the sphere.

One the undead, a hideous looking corpse of an elf shows great speed. It strides through the mud, then charges towards the entrance, striking the prone wizard, blackening his flesh and draining his energy, before whirling away around the ship.

[sblock=Religion DC 15]The creature is a wight, an intelligent undead, who feeds on life energy. The creatures often serve more powerful undead.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]The wight moves forward, charges Lorn, and shifts away. 26 to hit Lorn. Lorn takes 5 necrotic damage and loses a healing surge. The orange O is the sphere. Lorn and Xandren are in the same square.[/sblock]

Lorn: 22-Acted
W: Creature1: 18-Acted
Thormir: 17
S: Armoredskels: 13
Xandren: 12
Stellan: 11
Hesh: 7
M: Unarmored skels: 4

Lorn: 18/23 HS: 3/7(5) 0 AP
Xandren: 30/30 HS: 10/11(7) 1 AP
Stellan: 30/30 HS: 10/10(7) 1 AP
Hesh: 26/26 HS: 6/9(6) 1 AP
Thormir: 27/32 HS: 12/12(8) 1 AP
S1: -14

Attachments

• enc 2 update 1.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]although I don't think it's very relevant now, if I remember right you can't end your turn in the same square of another creature...I think. Also, maybe the creature has an ability that says otherwise, but usually, a charge automatically ends the turn, it should be the last action.[/sblock]

Thormir delays for now since he can't target anything. I chose a really bad spot; I suggest Hesh moves from there, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads