• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
The warforged lifts the goblin up into the air not so gently, demanding it to talk. The goblin goes limp in his grasp after a loud snap. It's head lolls to the side at an odd angle. Surprised, the warforged drops the creature to the ground, he didn't shake him that hard did he?

[sblock=Heal DC 15]Sometimes, bad nutrition makes bones weaker than normal. Stories of men, pinned in by attackers, try to hold out. When the food runs low, even the smallest of bludeons or falls can break a bone.[/sblock]

When the goblin's corpse is discarded, a rain begins to fall outside, lightning and thunder increasing. A chill mist settles on the ground, and the sky darkens as the storm vents it's fury on the The Lost.

[sblock=ooc]Ata, I'll assume you figure out items before the extended rest. Headband of perception +1, and Restful bedroll. Working third shift tonight, so update will be in the morning. If you are taking an extended rest, I'll need to know who is keeping watch and for how long. Xandren I know only needs 4 hours of sleep.[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"How odd," Xandren says, as he drops the goblin to the ground.

[sblock=Rest]Warforged only need four hour restraining from strenuous activity, and are aware even while resting. So the quickest extended rest, doubling up with Xandren's aware rest to get a patroling perimiter guard, is 7 hours (assuming that patroling is strenuous... if not, he can take the whole night).

Hour 1 - Xandren patrol, others asleep.
Hour 2 - Xandren patrol, others asleep.
Hour 3 - Xandren patrol, others asleep.
Hour 4 - PC1 patrol, Xandren aware, others asleep.
Hour 5 - PC2 patrol, Xandren aware, others asleep.
Hour 6 - PC3 patrol, Xandren aware, others asleep.
Hour 7 - PC4 patrol, Xandren aware, others asleep.

Xandren gets his four hours, everyone else gets their six, and watch is covered.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
The dwarf stays silent for a moment, the headband hanging from his clenched fist, an endless stream of thoughts flowing restlessly in his mind. As the wrecked room is lighted for an instant by a lightning in the rainy sky, and Thormir's head is bent watching the goblin lie lifeless on the floor, a single word he utters, his voice darkened by the mood: Crap.

Thormir shakes out of his momentary stupor and addresses his companions of misfortune: Night's coming with the storm. Tomorrow will be a long day, and we need to sleep. And though I'd like very much to keep this enchanted tricket he says, handing the magic headband to Xandren I guess it will better serve the one to keep the longest watch for the night. And I guess that's gonna be you, 'forged. Ain't ya?

[sblock=ooc]watch order seems reasonable. I guess Xandren puts on the headband for now. agreed?[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Yes," Xandren replies, "since I don't need the same rest you do, I'll keep watch while you four sleep." The warforged fits the headband over his stone forehead.

Oni

First Post
Lorn stares at the warforged in wide eyed disbelief as he holds the limp goblin in his hands.

You....killed him...

The warforged's casual dismissal of the death unsettled Lorn. He had forgotten just how inhuman they could be.

Settling down in a corner Lorn pondered, with no small amount of misery, what they were supposed to do next, having lost they're only clue. And just who was this "they".

[sblock=ooc]

Heal DC15 (1d20+1=3)

Yep, yep watch and the headband all seem ok to me.
Patrol order after Xandren = Lorn, Thormir, Hesh, Stellan if need be. Though I don't think it would only count as Light activity so Xandren could probably do it all, you know as long as we don't mind a crazy necksnapping robot watching over us while we sleep. :p

[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"I didn't know he was so frail," Xandren said. "I didn't intend to kill him. But he was a foe, who tried to kill us, so I do not mourn his loss, only that of whatever information he may have had."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir hurries to set a fortune bed for te night. Yes, yes. The little guy was not so pleasant after all. Smelly, too. But be more careful next time he says looking at Xandren I doubt there's much people left here who can tell us where we are... Now let's sleep! And you stay well wary, the goblin was afraid that something would come during the night. Hope it was just his nightmares. Crazy guy.

EvolutionKB

First Post
The Lost settle down for a deserved rest. Much was on there minds, where they were, whether they would return home, the strange circumstances of their appearance, and who "they" were. The rain beats down on the ship, and lightning flashes outside.

Xandren watches over them while they all rest. The 'forged didn't need to rest like everybody else, and this gave them an advantage if "they" showed up. The watches for everybody else pass uneventually, until Hesh is up.

With Xandren posed at one entrance to the ship, and the hobgoblin at the other, little can be seen outside. Between flashes of lightning, and the weak amount of moonlight breaking through the clouds, the hobgoblin, sees something. Darkness.
Lightning flashes.
No...Many somethings.
Darkness.
Lightning flashes.
Skeletal creatures wielding rusting longswords ride the waves to the shore.
Darkness.
Lightning flashes.
They begin marching towards their location!

Initiative Round 1:

Lorn: 22
W: Creature1: 18
Thormir: 17
S: Armoredskels: 13
Xandren: 12
Stellan: 11
Hesh: 7
M: Unarmored skels: 4

[sblock=ooc]Please let me know on the map(in the ship I have marked)where you would have rested/patrolled at. Note the two entrances at N13(normal) and P15(little more than a crack in the wall.) The dotted in area is the stairs that ascend to the upper decks. The stairs begin in P16 and go up to P14(they are difficult terrain). One can sleep under the stairs, but you have to sqeeze. Due to the lack of good light, creature's have concealment. The only ones this affects is Xandren and Lorn. I will take care of it by adding it to the creature's defenses that you are attacking, that way you don't have to remember. The brown squares are still difficult terrain.[/sblock]

Lorn: 23/23 HS: 4/7(5) 0 AP
Xandren: 30/30 HS: 10/11(7) 1 AP
Stellan: 30/30 HS: 10/10(7) 1 AP
Hesh: 26/26 HS: 6/9(6) 1 AP
Thormir: 27/32 HS: 12/12(8) 1 AP

Attachments

• Encounter 2.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Remove ads