Lost- episode 4- 10-25-06

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
The actor playing Walt was growing in real time, as compared to LOST time, which moves slowly and in a herky jerky kind of way. Without Walt, Michael doesn't have a reason to be back at the island - but I would like to know what happened to them after they left the island.

John Crichton

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I'm still fully entertained by Lost. For me, the fact that each episode leaves me wanting more is not a sign that the show is weak. And hey, the mystery isn't the big deal here. The big deal is the plot, and apparently the plot involves the Others trying to confuse the heck out of Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.
I agree and will add that while the show is a tad confusing it does inspire repeat viewings if you are into that kind of thing and the characterization and writing overall is very good.

Add in the internet games and it's just a fun experience in general. Sure, I can see where folks become frustrated with the lack of solid answers to the mysteries but that just leaves my overactive imagination to fill in the blanks until something is revealed. :)

Taelorn76

First Post
John Crichton said:
I agree and will add that while the show is a tad confusing it does inspire repeat viewings if you are into that kind of thing and the characterization and writing overall is very good.

Add in the internet games and it's just a fun experience in general. Sure, I can see where folks become frustrated with the lack of solid answers to the mysteries but that just leaves my overactive imagination to fill in the blanks until something is revealed. :)

The fact that the answers are not given to you on a plate every week is what makes me come back to Lost and other shows like Heroes, Jericho.

Arnwyn

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
The fact that the answers are not given to you on a plate every week is what makes me come back to Lost and other shows like Heroes, Jericho.
I've always preferred a middle ground. Extremes suck.

Taelorn76

First Post
Arnwyn said:
I've always preferred a middle ground. Extremes suck.
I don't think these shows are extreme in that nature. I think they give you just enough to keep me coming back for more. Now they don't get that formula right every week, but often enough.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I don't watch LOST to find out the answers to the oddities that are happening on the island. For me, they could never explain them and I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just accept the strangeness as the setting. I don't need to know why there's a smoke monsters. I mean, it would be interesting to find out why there's a smoke monster, but really what I care about is how the characters interact with the smoke monster when it appears. Repeat that sentiment for everything else on the island.

The well developed characters and serial plot is what keeps me coming back.

Remove ads