• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost in space.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
After the Oil-Wars in early 2020's, also known as the World War III, the face of earth had changed. Many smaller nations had ceased to exist. EU had become one nation, China had concuered half of Russia and most of far east, USA and Canada had formed North American Union (NAU) and Brazil took control of almost all south america. After the war North Atlantic Alliance (NAU & EU) began a project with Chinese Empire to signify the new peace across earth. The New Hope Project aimed to send colony-ships across the expance of stars within ten years. Four planets were found within 50 LY that had over 90% chance of having earthlike conditions. So four gigantic spacecrafts were constructed with experimental propulsion system, fusion reactors and cryogenic sleeper chambers. Fourty thousand brave men and women were chosen to be humanity's new hope on the colonies. Amazingly the project managed to keep on the timetable and on march 4th, 2036 the final Alpha-teams of each ship were frozen and the ships launched towards their new homes.

Cold. Your first thought. It's darn cold, although something is starting to warm you. Then you remember, you were on the Alpha-team. Last to be frozen, first to be woken. It felt as if you had just closed your eyes and now you were already waking up. Then the voice comes from the speakers of the sleeper-pod...

Okay, first of all this is invitation to those who were playing lonesoldier's The Long Sleep. But if some of them won't bite this will be recruiting for players so that I'll get a balanced 4-5 PC:s on a game with focus on survival and internal politics on lost colony ship.

[sblock=don't mind this]Color test[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I don't have a lot of time for the rest of the month, but I had told you I was interested in this game.

Obviously, Victor Bayne will probably require some updates once I know the character building parameters, but here is the character from The Long Sleep.

Victor Bayne
Fast 1/Charismatic 1

Victor was always something of an adventurous soul. Growing up on a large ranch in Montana, the boy would often disappear for days, wondering the countryside and exploring things that were new to him. He learned many skills during his boyhood, though; shooting, riding, and other things that he would find useful later in his life.

Although Victor attended four years of college at “Ole Miss”, he retained little of what he learned there. College was more of a social activity for Victor, who spent most of his time drinking, chasing girls and playing sports (his athletic talent landed him a spot as starting receiver for the Rebels). Despite this, he still graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science Communications.

After graduation, Victor applied to become an FBI agent. Accepted into the academy, Victor easily passed all of the rigorous physical and mental testing. After graduating from the academy, Victor became a field agent, and shortly therafter was put into a new program offering cybernetic augmentation.

Unfortunately, the Apophis Crisis changed occured shortly after Victor's first major cybernetic augmentation. He has no idea why he was chosen to be evacuated on the HMCS Hope, but the opportunity to explore space was beyond anything the young man could have hoped. He accepted the invitation, and

At 6’2” tall and a lean 190 lbs, Victor is athletic and tone, being in overall excellent shape. He is a handsome man with stylish blonde hair, a good smile and deep green eyes. He takes pride in his appearance, and is a stickler about hygiene and working out. Victor is usually clean-shaven and well-groomed. He is 25 years of age.

Fast 1/Charismatic 1

Str 12 +1 (4 points)
Dex 14 +2 (6 points)
Con 14 +2 (6 points)
Int 14 +2 (6 points)
Wis 08 -1 (0 points)
Cha 14 +2 (6 points)

Hit Points: 18
MDT: 14
Defense: 23 (10 base + 3 class + 2 dexterity + 8 armor)
Saves
--Fort +3 (1 base + 2 con)
--Ref +3 (1 base + 2 dex)
--Wil +0 (1 base -1 wis)

Speed: 30ft

BAB: +0
--Ranged: +2
--Melee: +1

Initiative: +2

Skills
--Balance +6 (4 ranks, +2 dex)
--Bluff +6 (4 ranks, +2 cha)
--Diplomacy +6 (4 ranks, +2 cha)
--Drive +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
--Escape Artist +4 (2 ranks, +2 dex)
--Hide +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
--Move Silently +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
--Pilot +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
--Profession +0 (1 rank, -1 wis)
--Ride +4 (2 ranks, +2 dex)
--Spot* +2 (3 ranks, -1 wis)
--Surivival* +2 (3 ranks, -1 wis)
--Tumble +4 (2 ranks, +2 dex)

Languages
--English

Feats
--Personal Firearms Proficiency*
--Simple Weapons Proficiency
--Fast Plus (Uncanny Dodge 1, Uncanny Dodge 2)
--Point Blank Shot

Talents
--Evasion
--Fast Talker
--Uncanny Dodge 1 (Fast Plus)
--Uncanny Dodge 2 (Fast Plus)

* Occupation Skill/Feat

Current Wealth: 0
--(Starting wealth 4+ 1 occupation = 5)
--(Level 2 wealth check vrs DC5: 4)
--(Wealth decrease for SCBA: 11

Cybernetics
--Subcutaneous Body Armor, Heavy

Equipment
--Day pack
--Duct Tape
--First Aid Kit
--Compass
--Chemical Light Sticks (10)
--Flashlight, standard
--Universal Communicator
--Violet Rations (20)
--GalPos Device

Kaodi

Hero
I don't have the time to work up a character at the moment, but when I do I will get back to you. I think I will still take the medical role though, but with a drastically different character.

Blackrat

Voda Vosa said:
Well... If you miss a player, I'll be happy to fill the spot. I love your games lol.
I kind of expected you'd be interested :D . Well since two of those in the original game already said no you're in Voda ;) . Look for character creation rules further down this post.
Rhun said:
I don't have a lot of time for the rest of the month, but I had told you I was interested in this game.

Obviously, Victor Bayne will probably require some updates once I know the character building parameters, but here is the character from The Long Sleep.
No hurries as I have said in all my recruitment threads, we'll start when everyone is ready. The character building will use same rules as lonesoldier used. 28 point buy, standard PL 6 characters. Here's a quote by which you can work out gear.
lonesoldier said:
... All Progress Level Five gear is at -2 of its regular purchase DC. Progress Level Seven gear is not available. Laser weaponry was perfected before departure.\.../. Cybernetic prosthetic limbs and organs exist (PL5 and PL6 only). All PCs get a free "Identity Chip" implanted in their dominant hand. It acts as ID and a security card. The Identity Chip does not count toward the PCs maximum number of cybernetics. Survivors have very clean genetic codes, no mutations or genetic engineering is allowed.
The only exception is weaponry. None will begin with any weapons. The ship has armory which has both laser and "fletchette" weapons, so keep that in mind when considering weapon-feats.
WarShrike said:
Nice concept, i'd like to play if ypou end up with a free spot.
I'll wait for a few days to see if Steve Gorak shows up, but if he doesn't you're welcomed to the group WarShrike. How can I say no to that cute kitty-avatar ;) .
Kaodi said:
I don't have the time to work up a character at the moment, but when I do I will get back to you. I think I will still take the medical role though, but with a drastically different character.
No hurries, take your time.

Kaodi

Hero
In Progress.

Dr. Norman Xavier (CR 2) (1000 XP)
Male Human Smart 1/Charismatic 1
Medium Humanoid
Occupation Doctor (Earth and Life Sciences, Treat Injury)
AP 6
Init +1; Senses Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages English, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Turkish
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Defense 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; +1 Dex, +0 Class
HP 10 (2 HD)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2
Spd 30 ft.
Ranged -- or
Melee Unarmed +0 (1d3)
Base Atk +0; Grp +0
Special Qualities Linguist, Fast Talk
Str 11 Dex 12 Con 11 Int 15 Wis 12 Cha 14
Feats Personal Firearm Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Surgery
Skills Bluff +6, Computer Use +5, Craft (Chemical) +4, Craft (Pharmaceutical) +6, Diplomacy +4, Gather Information +3, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (Behavioural Sciences) +6, Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences) +7, Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +5, Knowledge (Popular Culture) +4, Knowledge (Technology) +4, Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) +5, Profession +5, Research +3, Speak Language (Greek), Speak Language (Hebrew), Speak Language (Hindi), Speak Language (Italian), Speak Language (Japanese), Speak Language (Mandarin), Speak Language (Russian), Speak Language (Turkish), Treat Injury +6
Possessions Uniform, Advanced Medkit, Compact Glow Lamp, Intellipicks, Compact Neural Scramber, Card Computer, Compact HUD w/Injury Tracking Software w/Integrated Compact Universal Communicator w/Integrated Display Contacts (Starting Wealth 15, Current 13)
Reputation 3
Linguist Whenever Norman encounters a new language, either spoken or written, he can make an Intelligence check to determine if he can understand it. The check is made with a bonus equal to his Smart level + his Intelligence modifier. For a written language, the bonus applies to a Decipher Script check instead.
Fast Talk Norman applies his Charismatic level as a bonus on any Bluff, Diplomacy, or Gamble checks he makes while attempting to lie, cheat, or otherwise bend the truth.

( Working Equipment List: Uniform DC 7; Compact Neutral Scrambler DC 13?; Advanced Medkit DC 7; Compact Glow Lamp DC 3; Compact HUD w/Integrated Compact Universal Communicator w/Integrated Display Contacts DC 8 + DC 9 + DC 18 ?? ; Intellipicks DC 14?; Card Computer DC 22 )

Are we supposed to be rolling for HP and Wealth again, or are you going to set the scores in this game?

Last edited:

Blackrat

Kaodi said:
Are we supposed to be rolling for HP and Wealth again, or are you going to set the scores in this game?
Use average HP and starting wealth will be 7+occupation+profession ranks+possible windfall feat.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Blackrat said:
I kind of expected you'd be interested :D . Well since two of those in the original game already said no you're in Voda ;) . Look for character creation rules further down this post.

Happy to hear that!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads