• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn steps out of the inn with her greatsword once again strapped across her back. She stretches in the morning sunlight, muscles rippling as she prepares to set out again. She looks down at Lupin's question. "There are some bandits or something holed up at another tavern down the way, The Sleepy Ogre or something. We're gonna go see if they still want to pick a fight when their targets can fight back." She smiles a predatory grin and checks her sword's draw from her scabbard.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The Sleeping Giant is a ramshackle taproom at the east end of town. As you approach in the morning light you hear the sounds of morning in a rural town.

A covered porch has a table and some upended barrels setup as chairs. Four human ruffians lie sprawled in slumber on the porch. All are garbed in or sleeping on or under shabby red cloaks.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn stands in front of the taproom's porch and folds her arms across her chest as she stares at the sleeping bandits. "You got some play you wanna run, Jax? Or can I just wake them up and start knocking skulls together until they tell me where they took the missing people?"

eayres33

Explorer
Salazar opened and closed his fists stretching out his hands in case they ended up in conflict. He would have preferred to face the monsters on the trail, or better yet in Thundertree, but if the group wanted to face this evil first, well wrongs needed to be righted.

[sblock=Stats]
AC 18 (chain mail, shield)
Initative 0
Speed 30
HP 22
Flail +5 to hit, range 5ft, 1d8+5 bludgeoning
Javelin +5 to hit, range 30/120ft, 1d6+3 piercing thrown 1d6+5 piercing melee
Lay on Hands 10 of 10 HP remaining
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Jax nods to Evelyn, "Take my lead. I want to find out where they're located."

He steps up, his form shifting and changing, until what is standing before them is no longer a pretty human male, or even a teifling, but a dark haired human wizard, his walking stick lengthening into a staff made of the clearest glass.

He walks up to the men, slamming the 'staff' on the ground to wake them.

"I do not believe I pay you to sleep," he said, a dark undertone in his voice, which was nothing like his own. "I have little time to deal with you, and if I had not had business elsewhere, I would not have come out here to meet you. Now give me your report so I may be about my business."

OOC: Using Mask of Many Faces to become Glasstaff. Deception: [roll0]. If you need performance: [roll1].

If I have any advantage on any of that:
Deception: [roll2]
Performance: [roll3]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
One of the ruffians replies, "Report on what boss? We're off duty, we'd be sleeping even if we were back at the manor."

OOC: It's a good strategy so I'll give you advantage on the Performance and Deception checks.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn contents herself to remain silent. Doing her best to play along, she scowls angrily at the ruffian who spoke up, feeling that she shouldn't quite like his tone.

tglassy

Adventurer
Jax, in the guise of Glasstaff, slammed his staff on the ground, as he'd seen the real Glasstaff do when he became frustrated. He needed to get them to reveal their base...

"I meant to report on the goings on of the town. But never mind, I have pressing business. These," he said, gesturing to the others, "are new business associates. I will be sending them on...special assignments" he said quietly, winking at the men. Special assignments were what they called the assignments nobody wanted to take. Or at least, thats what they called them when Jax was a member. He hoped not much had changed.

"I'm due elsewhere. I understand this is your day off, but I will grant an extra day's pay and rations if you will take them to headquarters and explain to them about our operation. It will speed up my work if I don't have to do it myself. Do I have any takers?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads