D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina took a longer look at the broken and battered goblins. She had heard tales of battle before, and even seen the sorts of fights one often witnessed at tournaments (or drunken taverns), but she had never really seen the sort of confrontation before, with blood spilled in earnest, and bodies left to lie where they had fallen. She certainly didn't have any interest in walking up there and trying to pry her arrow out of that goblin's throat...

Instead she scrambled up onto the bed of the now-deserted wagon to keep watch on the surrounding area. Goblins were cruel, but often cowards- it seemed odd that such a small band would attack a larger group, even with the element of surprise. Perhaps there were more of the little beasts about, or something worse...

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Selari watches with interest as in just mere seconds her party dispatches four goblins around her with precision. "Well, I do prefer not to get my hands dirty anyway," she laughs at them. "So thanks. There may be more, so I will help take a look around." She pauses again while looking to Amron. "Are you alright darling?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Selari watches with interest as in just mere seconds her party dispatches four goblins around her with precision. "Well, I do prefer not to get my hands dirty anyway," she laughs at them. "So thanks. There may be more, so I will help take a look around." She pauses again while looking to Amron. "Are you alright darling?"

"Quite, especially thanks to Prophet." Amron replies

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Selari nods, "Good." Then she heads into the wooded area to see if there are any other goblins or trails around, staying out of the way of Aenwyr and not venturing too far from the group.

Brother Dave

First Post
Laucian returns to the wagon and nods in approval at Mina as she scans the area from her high vantage. He reaches up and pulls his pack down from the seat, rummaging through it for his waterskin. He takes a quick drink, then uses a splash of the water to wash the blood and dirt from his hands before resealing it and returning it to his pack. That task finished, he considers the wagon. Hmm...we almost certainly will not be able to take the wagon when we go to rescue Sildar and his dwarven associate. Yet we were hired to protect the contents. Should we leave a group here guarding it, or find a place to hide it? He ponders a moment, never once considering that the others might have valid input. Hide it, I should think. We have no way to know what we are up truly against. Even if that wretched goblin creature talks, I would not trust our lives to its lies. Better to be prepared for the worst. And if Sildar and the dwarf are lost, the safety of the supplies is for naught, regardless.

Decision made, he confronts the others as he dons his pack and resettles his weapons and shield for easy access. "If we are to go after Sir Sildar and Master Rockseeker, we will need to find a place to hide the wagon. I am loathe to leave behind a party to guard it when all may be needed in the rescue. I fear I have little experience with such subterfuge, so any suggestions regarding how we are to go about this are welcome."

That settled, he strides purposefully towards Treygar and the captured goblin. "Treygar, what progress with our prisoner? Is the wretch not awake yet? What can it tell us of the fate of our associates?"

Xeterog

Explorer
Treygar looks down at the unconscious goblin for a second, worry beginning to register on his face a bit. "Well, from my experience, it may take a minute or three before he comes around--I did not let up on my blow much at all. Hopefully he speaks something we can understand when he does come too...I'm not familiar with goblin tongue. And you say Grundren was one of the riders? I'd rather help look for my uncle than talk...uh...to this goblin."

Treygar , still fiddling with something in his hand, lets the goblin flop to the ground and walks over to the drag marks to see what aid there he can give.

[sblock=game info] Not only do I not speak Goblin (orc though), I am not good with intimidation/persuasion. But I am trained in Survival, so I can help track--giving Aenwyr advantage on any rolls needed[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Garuk climbs down out of the wagon and walks over to where Laucian and Treygar are talking. "If we can spare ten minutes, I can perform a ritual that will enable me to understand the creatures language." The dwarf looks as if he's about to say something more when he pauses and looks slightly to the side for a few moments before nodding and speaking again, "Yes, yes, I was just about to propose that idea myself. Perhaps if we attempt to interrogate it in the Common tongue and let the creature believe that is all we understand, I could stay nearby to hear anything it said in it's own language just in case. But if it can't speak common, we will have to give up that advantage and just converse with it in it's language. It will take that much time at least to pull the wagon off the road and hide it. I will begin my ritual immediately." Garuk says before moving to a more secluded spot (but still within sight of the others) and reading from his spellbook to enact the ritual of Comprehend Languages.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
As the group hides the wagon and Garuk performs his ritual, the goblin begins to stir groggily. Upon realizing it is tied up, the pitiful creature lets out a horrid wailing noise sure to wake the dead.

Meanwhile, the trail seems easy to enough to follow. Aenwyr and Treygar should have no trouble tracking the goblins who took Gundren and Sildar.

Fenris

Adventurer
Garuk climbs down out of the wagon and walks over to where Laucian and Treygar are talking. "If we can spare ten minutes, I can perform a ritual that will enable me to understand the creatures language." The dwarf looks as if he's about to say something more when he pauses and looks slightly to the side for a few moments before nodding and speaking again, "Yes, yes, I was just about to propose that idea myself. Perhaps if we attempt to interrogate it in the Common tongue and let the creature believe that is all we understand, I could stay nearby to hear anything it said in it's own language just in case. But if it can't speak common, we will have to give up that advantage and just converse with it in it's language. It will take that much time at least to pull the wagon off the road and hide it. I will begin my ritual immediately." Garuk says before moving to a more secluded spot (but still within sight of the others) and reading from his spellbook to enact the ritual of Comprehend Languages.

"If you wish, but I speak Goblin. So you could save the spell if you wish." says Amron leaving Garuk to decide for himself if he wants to finish the ritual.

As the goblin wakes up and starts screaming, Amron kneels down and shoves the bloody rag he had just used to bind his leg, into the goblins mouth. He removes it and the goblin screams some more, and Amron slaps him before shoving the rag back into his mouth. Amron pulls out his knife and causally begins cleaning his nails. He watches the goblins eyes following the knife. Amron speaks in Goblin "Bree yee, kruq vunaga punuika ika na hanbim tukka-tukka*

[sblock=Translation] If you want to live, you will tell us where the dwarf is. [/sblock]

Remove ads