• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Season Finale

The actress who played Penny, who was searching for Desmond. Was she Sonya Walger from "Mind of a Married MAn"? No info on her on IMDB.
Also how funny, Caleb from the OC is possibly behind the whole thing,as Charles Widmore.

Bastion

PK

First Post
My guess on Desmond and the sailboat is that it is the electromagnetic field which drew him back to the island. As he was leaving the island on a corse of 270 if the magnetic lines around the island are messed up "due west" could have curved back to the island.

This assumes overcast skies for all nine days of course. :)

RigaMortus2

First Post
BastionLightbringer said:
The actress who played Penny, who was searching for Desmond. Was she Sonya Walger from "Mind of a Married MAn"? No info on her on IMDB.
Also how funny, Caleb from the OC is possibly behind the whole thing,as Charles Widmore.

Bastion

You know, I thought she looked familiar. She almost reminded me of Minnie Driver (which I know it wasn't her). But I think you might be right.

Also, I assume she had an English accent, right? Do you remember if Mr. Widmore (her father) had one? This would have been the older gentleman Desmond met in the car after he got out of prison. Me thinks he didn't have an accent. If this is the case, maybe they aren't that close or something...

RigaMortus2 said:
Do you remember if Mr. Widmore (her father) had one? This would have been the older gentleman Desmond met in the car after he got out of prison. Me thinks he didn't have an accent. If this is the case, maybe they aren't that close or something...

I think he had scottish, or english accent when they first showed him, but it seemed it gradually disappered as he talked.

Rugger

Explorer
I'm starting to think that the mysterious "old" things (the Feet, the Black Rock) are just there to show that there is something unusual about this island, and that it has been for a long time...

RE: the button and electromagentics- I'm betting that the Hanso Foundation managed to somehow use the existing EM conditions of the island to hide it from outside eyes. Otherwise, why the heck have a failsafe switch? And the minute that it gets thrown, the island is found...

Damn this summer is gonna feel long....

-Matt

Brown Jenkin

First Post
One thing that really bothered me was why didn't the lostaways find Desmond's boat. From the flashback we know that the boat can't be more than 54 minutes along the coast since he saw it and made it back to push the button. We know that the boat was there the day the plane crashed since his being late with the button caused it. We know the boat was there the day the hatch was opened because Desmond fled to it. So why didn't the lostaways find it? The lostaways travels hours and hours into the hostile jungle to find things and explore but they don't travel 1 hour along the coast? Once more I am dumbfounded by the lostaways stupidity. Also why didn't Rousseau find the boat? She has been wandering the Island for years and even if she didn't leave her area until the crash she has cetrtainly been scoping out the lostaways and thier area since they arrived.

RatPunk

First Post
Wycen said:
They really stocked the hatch with enough paper for the printer to keep working for at least 3 years? I go with 3 because I seem to recall one of the hatchies talking about waisting 3 years of his life. I believe that was done to explain the plane crash.

2nd, why didn't the first massive release of electromagnetic energy, when the Kurgan was drunk or got killed, screw up all the electonics? See question number 1. Shouldn't the printouts stopped when the electronics got fried? Will the electronics mysteriously work next season?

1. As Eric mentioned above, the print-out was from a different hatch. Plus, since you've only seen a couple of episodes, you've no doubt missed the one that showed that there are periodic supply drops made by air to the island.

2. Because Desmond managed to get the numbers entered before the really bad stuff started happening, just as he was finally able to get the computer to accept them after he caused the plane crash.

DonTadow

First Post
OH my goodness.. did anyone watch it till the end of the credit. Another plane went down!!!!!!! it was at the very end ofthe credits.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
If Desmond caused the plane crash then all the backstory and why they were on the plane didn't matter (Unless we are looking at predestination or unchangeable fate) or if he didn't cause the plane to crash because the others arrainged for it and everyone to be onboard then his not pushing the button was an amazing coincedence.

Remove ads