• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST Wednesday 11/16/05 {Spoilers for this ep and previous eps ONLY!}

KaosDevice

Explorer
shaylon said:
You see that is where everything is so confusing to me. I doubt it, I think the symbols are from the different initiatives that Dharma hoped to accomplish on the island. Or at least that is what I am led to think. Who the hell knows?

I think there are like six different initiatives (IIRC) The swan logo in the button bunker, the arrow in the box bunker and the symbol on the shark, whatever that was. Trying to figure out what the six initiatives are is one of my favorite mysteries on the island.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Have any of you read the TV guide article on Lost? Apparently the producers talk about how people are reading too much into every little possible detail and it will lead to dissapointment due to it being impossible to live up to the expectations people are getting since not everything will be explained. I haven't read it but it was a topic on a different forum and I was curious what everone thought of that idea. I know people in here obsesss over a lot of small stuff. Do you think that will happen?

shaylon said:
Oh man, not Crothian and Howery! That show will totally suck without the two of those guys. Crothian is the R2-D2 and Howery is the C3PO of that show! The castaways will be lost at sea without those guys! :p
-Shay
she's not getting me without a fight! If she wants to kill me, she's going to have to get herself out of Hawaii and over here to Wyoming, where she'll freeze her pretty tukhas off. Besides, I'm armed! I have...
**looks desperately around the room**
..a pocketknife! and a big heavy book! And she has...

a gun. Dang.

**drops to knees**
Please don't kill me Michelle. I'm just a middle aged overweight ex-D&D geek. I'm not worth it. Spare me and I won't bother you or call you and I'll stop looking for nude pictures of you on the Internet...

oops, probably shouldn't have said that last one...

ThirdWizard

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Another question is why the others have left the one group alone as long as it has, was this because they found out about Ethan or becuase the group was 'protected' by its location; the hatch/the button/the monster or something else.

I think one of the big reasons that the central section survivors haven't been touched as much as the tail is because they got Ethan quickly. Goodwin was theoretically supplying the Others with the lists of people to take, for whatever purposes, based on whatever criteria he was getting out of them. So, he'd observe someone, give them a check or an x on their name, and move on. Then the Others would come and take them. They only wanted certain ones, after all.

Since Ethan was discovered and killed, the Others wouldn't have an informant saying which ones to take and which ones weren't useful. So, they concentrated their efforts on the tail section instead, where they still had an informant. The moles might have even been conditioning them, or something, to be taken. Perhaps everyone had potential to be "good" and it was his job to make them so.

Of course, this doesn't explain why they couldn't just take them randomly, determine for themselves, and toss the ones that were bad. My theory on that is... um... Look a distraction! *runs away*

nharwell

Explorer
ThirdWizard said:
Of course, this doesn't explain why they couldn't just take them randomly, determine for themselves, and toss the ones that were bad. My theory on that is... um... Look a distraction! *runs away*

Possible reasons that the Others left the primary group alone (aside from the discovery & death of Ethan):

- they're a larger group than the "tail section" survivors
- they are armed (Locke's knives, 4 guns)
- they have more "survivalist-types" (Locke & Kate's hunting & tracking, Sayid's military background, etc.)
- they are better organized (grouped quickly under Jack's leadership, whereas the "tail" group was split between Anna & Nathan)
- they have more/better supplies from the plane

Tiberius

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Anyone notice what Eku was carving into his stick? Was it numbers (like the number of men he'd killed?) or something else?

I suspect he was keeping time on the stick, that he may have an accurate count of when 40 days had passed.

Crothian

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Have any of you read the TV guide article on Lost? Apparently the producers talk about how people are reading too much into every little possible detail and it will lead to dissapointment due to it being impossible to live up to the expectations people are getting since not everything will be explained. I haven't read it but it was a topic on a different forum and I was curious what everone thought of that idea. I know people in here obsesss over a lot of small stuff. Do you think that will happen?

Ya, that's why I usually have a negative reaction to the show since I know it will not live up to expectations they set.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads