Low-Level Game, Newbies Welcome! [Closed]

Shayuri

First Post
So...since we lost our controller, I'm rethinking my concept a bit and thinking maybe a wizard?

But it's slowing down my posting!

Sorry for that. We launched into IC posts pretty fast and I wasn't ready yet. I can have my character join in late though. :(

RMcCall

Explorer
Oh good, there is a way to roll dice here. Let's use that then! However, I'd prefer the OOC kept in (quote)tags like these(/quote) because then it's easier to read at a glance which is IC and which is OOC.

So...since we lost our controller, I'm rethinking my concept a bit and thinking maybe a wizard?

But it's slowing down my posting!

Sorry for that. We launched into IC posts pretty fast and I wasn't ready yet. I can have my character join in late though. :(
That's okay! No need to change your character if you'd rather not; that's what Srasut is for. He's a hunter from the Heroes of the Forgotten Realms book, meaning he's 100% controller. Either way, your character is still there, just not saying much.

Shayuri

First Post
So...I do not know what my malfunction is here.

Given that the character I'm having so much trouble with has just missed the entire mission briefing, I feel like maybe I should arrange to be new to the group; perhaps meeting them at the destination by accident or something.

That's assuming I manage to wrap my head around this character in the first place.

The pixie Tick idea isn't gonna work. It's too close to another character I have.

So I've had to start over. But I will either have a new better concept ready to go by the end of the weekend or I shall bow out. I shan't slow y'all down any.

So...we have

An elan ardent, a warforged ranger/druid and a dwarf warden...and a DMPC. Is that all?

Last edited:

RMcCall

Explorer
Alternatively, your character could be stoic and simply not have reacted verbally.
I was going to say the same, if it works for you. No need to complicate things too much, but I know how important it is to find a character you want to play. The rest of the group can take a day to gather information around town and get ready for their trip, roleplaying combined with skill checks, and you can meet them at any point during that.

Shayuri

First Post
Alright, I have a sorceror I think will work pretty well. Still a striker, but one focusing on ranged attacks. Not a crazy pixie, but perhaps with more staying power as a character as a result. I'll put up a sheet this evening, but for now I want to focus on introduction.

She could be late to the party but still a member of this band that folks seem to be. She could be someone new who gets swept along. She could have been present at the briefing but unusually taciturn (maybe she fell asleep due to too much partying the night before or something, I can wing it).

The last one strikes me as a fallback position, but it'll do if nothing more interesting can be arranged. :)

Remove ads