• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]A Merchant in Need of Assistance

Mahorfeus

First Post
[sblock=Proposed Marching Order]Judging by AC and overall ability, I propose that Cethyn-Ayah and Gregori take point. As our only primary caster, Git-Git should be in the middle, while I cover the group from the back. This could change depending on what kind of approach we're taking. I'm open to any other suggestions >:D[/sblock]

Bertious

First Post
[sblock=Proposed Marching Order] I'm ok with this order id like to add however if we notice any threats Cethyn-Ayah will attempt to drop into stealth if possible i'll roll a check below to be my first just in case[/sblock]

"This one is content with the information and clarifies you wish this mur...awk, group to find the wagon. You want men captured and wagon brought here? This one only asks because he not know how to drive wagon and sword bad choice for not kill but he try if thats what is wanted" Cethyn-Ayah indicates the array of lethal looking swords the party is armed with as he speaks.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Do whatever you desire the thieves. My personal preference is to picture them hanging in the trees as carrion, but I will let you decide your actions in that regard. I suspect they would have little information to give in even if they were inclined to share. My concern is recovery of the horse and wagon" Boomer walks over the side table and picks up some cinnamon smelling apples. "I had anticipated you might have difficulty with Matilda. She is a good horse, but will probably be rather upset at this point. To that end, I have prepared some of her favorite treats for you to give her to let her know you come from me." He hands each party member a cinnamon scented apple. "Give her these, and you should be able to get her back to town just fine. Alf and I will be waiting here come evening for your return with your reward."

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I am ok with order of march too

"i am satisfied with the information. Let us head for this inn before the trail grows too cold. I would like to limit the lead these bandits have to as small of a time as possible."

Gregori stands and looks about the table, "I am prepared and can leave as soon as you are ready."

Mahorfeus

First Post
Remembering that Roondar had mentioned his wayward horse before, Bozzago nodded as he took the cinnamon apple, tucking it into his belt pouch where he'd be able to retrieve it with ease. In agreement with Gregori, the Tengu stood up as well, as he secured the strap on the belt pouch. The human was right - if they waited too long, the bandits would gain a significant lead. The four of them had already had the whole night to prepare for this. He turned to his three companions, hesitating for just a moment, before making a suggestion.

"It would be wise for us to share information regarding our areas of expertise on the way there," he said, patting his Aldori dueling sword, "it would be difficult to coordinate with each other in battle without knowing what everybody is capable of."

Edit: Oops, derp. All of the spells are on the LPF Wiki profiles XD

Last edited:

Bertious

First Post
Gathering his pack and apple Cethyn-Ayah will stand as well "This one agrees learning more of the group will make it better. Sneaking, and tracking, and fighting are this ones skills, aawk, he also poseses much lore on animals and monsters and magics of healing and seeking." Puffing himself up with pride he continues "This one has also been told he has an appauling singing voice," seeming to think this is a good thing.

sunshadow21

Explorer
In order to build some momentum, I am going to move on. THe map will get up as soon as I figure out how to get the forum to see it.

Walking through Venza discussing sharing your capabilities with each other, you find yourself at one point walking down a street flanked by large houses on either side of varying style and quality. As you near the end of it, the two tengu that were lounging about turn when they see you, and you can hear one comment to the other, "Look at what we have here, shall we see how much toll we can collect from these brave looking adventurer?" Turning to you, "Welcome to this cozy little corner of the city. Would you kind sirs please consider helping out your brethren in your time of need? We only ask for a couple gold from each of you to assist us in our aiding of other less fortunate birdfolk here in the city." As he speaks, he and his fellow bird move to block the exit, and pull out their weapons.
Cethyn-Ayah did not have a chance to use stealth before the party saw the tengu.

In the mean time if I could get initiative rolls from everyone as well as a short block containing hp, ac, and anything else you think is going to be pertinent in the upcoming battle.

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CGreg%5CMy%20Documents%5CRoleplaying%5CMy%20Maps%5CA%20Merchant%20in%20Need%20of%20Assistance%5CEncounter%201-1
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CGreg%5CMy%20Documents%5CRoleplaying%5CMy%20Maps%5CA%20Merchant%20in%20Need%20of%20Assistance%5CEncounter%201-1

Attachments

• Encounter 1-1.JPG
    Encounter 1-1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah will watch the interlopers and let someone better with words do the talking however he will observe them closely activating his silver tongue domain ability to use sense motive and see if they are really looking for a fight or if it's mostly bravado.

[sblock=Stats]
Hp 9, Ac 17, To 14, Ff 13, Speed 40', Atk Melee +4 (1d10+3/18-20/x2) -1 (1d3+1), Ranged +4 (1d6+2/x2 30' range), CMB +2, CMD 16 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4,
OOC: is that what you need?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads