• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury gawps at the gnome in disbelief. "Negotiate? I have to confess I don't see that there is any room for negotiations with soul-trafficking demons. Mayhaps I'm missing something; if so, feel free to explain but frankly, the only bargain I plan to make with demons is with the end of my sword."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric agrees with Fury, "Right ho, mate. Never trade words with soul searching demons. They are bound to try and talk you out of yours and then where would you be? I am a firm believer in ambushing those that deserve it, and this fook we are hunting deserves it a few times over, methinks."

"I am rested enough and have had some liquid courage for the fray as well. Once our lass, makes the forged contract, we can get to it as far as I am concerned."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch) (w/ +1 Ring)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +1 (+2 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Zitteaux comes out and examines the shark's fin at length prodding and tutting, "I can make something fine of this yes, yes! But I will need to marinade and make stocks, it must be for tomorrow. Yes tomorrow! Come back then and I shall serve you a feast like no other! I will show you what a great chef can do, but do not get used to handing me any old offcut." So saying he sweeps off with the fin and vanishes back into the kitchen.

The group get what rest they can, or at least a little relaxation, and awake as midnight approaches to make their various preparations before heading off to the corner of Delandro Street.

Seeing nothing as they approach the group places a sheet of parchment - that resembles the contracts in the alcove and takes cover in the ruins of the nearest house across the canal ready to spring into action once the creature reveals itself. Hunched down in the ruins you wait for an hour and a half in the warm humid night until finally a cloaked figure steps into your field of vision.

ShavashtheFleshripper.jpg

It moves warily with a strange gait and as it advances you can see as its cloak moves that instead of normal feet it possesses what look like sharp spikes. These tantalizing glimpses also briefly reveal a thin chitinous tail...

OOC: Hiding: I will need stealth checks from all those trying to keep a eye out, you may choose to take total cover and avoid this check in which case you would simply wait on word from your companions.

[sblock=Map]The demon is the cloaked figure at Q16. I am supposing you to be in the ruins in the top right hand corner, but feel free to suggest another location. The Parchment is at N5.[/sblock]

ASoulIndiscretionMap6Base.jpg

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
Syl will be taking total cover. His hiding skills are not known as being anything special, and he doesn't risk trying to peek out from behind his cover. Once the creature is announced, only then will he risk it.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena hides within the cover of the ruins, watching for the demon... ((BB-7)) She has her crossbow at the ready...

((Stealth 1d20+10=16))

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 19 (13 touch; 17 flat-footed)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear(d) (color notes cast)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: O O O O (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite the increased chance of detection Fury will also conceal himself so that he can keep a lookout. Two pairs of eyes are better than one. His cold iron rapier is in hand but quieted across his thighs where he crouches in hiding.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: none[/sblock]

AxeM

First Post
The Duke will take total cover.

[sblock=The Duke]Human Inquisitor (Sapo) - 2
Initiative +10 Perception +7

AC 17 (12 T, 15 FF) CMD 17
HP 18/18
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5

Combat Reflexes
Judgment 0/1
1 level spells 1/3
Enlarged 3/5

In Hand Meteor Hammer/Oil of Bless Weapon
Conditions
Hidden
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric's taking total cover as well, but needs to be closer to the parchment. All those with total cover can be inside that building in the center.

[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+4=18)
M-6 and the others can be south in the M column. Does the door open at N-8/9? We would have checked this before hand. Our intentions are to be out of sight, yet close enough to act fast.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch) (w/ +1 Ring)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +1 (+2 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I'll be out traveling this weekend (Fri, Sat, & Sun) so if we get into combat please npc Fury. He would try to position himself for flanking with any of the other melee types. I'll be back online Sunday night sometime.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I'll be out traveling this weekend (Fri, Sat, & Sun) so if we get into combat please npc Fury. He would try to position himself for flanking with any of the other melee types. I'll be back online Sunday night sometime.
Heh, heh. Fury breaks cover Inspiring Courage (+1) in his companions with his sacrifice and start flailing away at the demon afterwards with his little pig sticker. :p[/sblock]

Remove ads