• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

Gerald007

First Post
"The good news is that you are alive. The bad news is, we have to go hunting that thing again, and it will probably be fully healed. It vanished on us."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury climbs stiffly to his feet and reaches for his rapier where it lies on the stone walkway. Despite the healing he definitely looks the worse for wear as he glances about with a fair amount of unease. "It's still around here somewhere?" He curses using some of Borric's own favorite curses. Once the string of curses have died away he looks pensive, then like he is turning something over in his mind. "How'd the thing escape you?"

[sblock=OOC]I have an idea/plan but I don't want to push things along so quickly that others don't have a chance to post actions for their characters. So, I'll delay a little with conversation until Fury gets the info he needs for his next action (unless someone else capable wants to attempt Detect Magic).[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 4
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: cold iron rapier[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena also calls to Ral and channels... (( all are healed 1d6=6 hps )) "The creature, fleed after being damaged badly. It used magics of some sort, like something called a dimension door, but with a more limited effect. It is around these ruins, somewhere." the gnome states.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"It used magic then?" he asks in response to Zelena's comments. "Do you think it might be possible to track it that way? I'm not too knowledgeable about how magic works but it seems like it should be possible..." Though he's never done this before Fury believes it should be possible; and with his success previously at learning the cleaning cantrip from Zelena he concentrates on seeing the magic that he believes was used. At first nothing happens and when in his frustration he commands "Show me!" his vision grows deeper in a way and he looks around...Cast Detect Magic

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: cold iron rapier[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here GE. I don't think there are any rules that would let you follow a dimension door, but I could be, and often am, wrong.

AxeM

First Post
The Duke Speaks
"Ya'll catch the rune on that creature's forehead? It's just somebody's pet, and it sounds like whomever it belongs to is nearby, once we find all of Fury's organs" The Duke holds up a bloody rock jokingly, "we should see if we can track the pair down"

The Duke will take a quick look around, see if the Eidilon came from any of the probable buildings.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here GE. I don't think there are any rules that would let you follow a dimension door, but I could be, and often am, wrong.

Fury knows next to nothing about magic so he wouldn't know that you may not be able follow a dimension door. So he'll try it and see what happens. I know, however, that the range is 60 feet (cone) and that if there is any magic within the area of effect (such as recent spell-casting like healing or magic items possessed by the creature) then Fury has a chance to pick up on lingering auras. Fury will slowly turn and scan the area for magic; in most cases only needing a round to determine if there is magic in the area, more if he needs to get more information about it. In the absence of successful action by other characters, Fury will keep trying.

Also, I don't recall any description of glowing runes upon the creatures forehead. AF, could you clarify, please?[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena calls to Ral once again (( Channel Energy (again) 1d6=6 healed. Ral likes someone todat ;) )) She then stands... Nods to Fury at the detect magic attempt and looks to the others, "Do we go in after this thing and it's master? If so, lets go, and stay together." The gnome then stows her crossbow and takes out her blade and shield.

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 19 (13 touch; 17 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless (converted to CLW), Protection from Evil, Remove Fear(d) (color notes cast)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: O O O O (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 3 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Sorry I always forget about the glowing runes on summoners and eidolons because I hate the flavor - and usually ignore it. To me it basically reads as you must wear something on your head or you are an idiot... So no there were no glowing runes, but it was wearing a tattered headband. The Duke was able to put a number of facts together to figure out it was an eidolon, including said headband it speaking orcish, it being able to vanish without taking an action itself, etc.

Remove ads