• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You make your way back to the entry hall and try the door in the NW corner - it opens easily, giving you access to a short hallway that opens into a largish room. In the center of this room is a large pool of clear water, fed by a fountain on the wall above it. The fountain has a stone statue of a weeping maiden holding the slain body of Kassen, but his head has been broken off and is nowhere to be seen. A voice booms out from the darkness, saying, “Magic is the key.” The voice slowly fades, leaving a dreadful silence.

Both Iosef and Kalgor can see clearly to the bottom of the pool. You cannot tell how deep it is due to the distortion of the water, but there looks to be a mass of keys at the bottom.

Attachments

• Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, Human Warrior 1, Sorcerer 1

Ravenath gets near the fountain and concentrates his new sight in the water.

-Maybe... one of this keys has magic in it. It should have a different aura, right?

OOC: Detect magic on the fountain. Let's see if any key has magical aura.

jackslate45

First Post
"It looks like your correct Rav. However, now poses the problem of retrieving said key. it looks like someone will need to swim down and grab it."

Anaerion considers for a moment, then says "I do have a minior light spell prepared, so someone can see in the darkness. However, I am not strong enough to swim down into the depths."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Let's try the simple way first." Kalgor reaches down with mage hand to scoop up and retrieve the keys and anything else at the bottom of the pool.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The refraction of the water must be making it difficult to gauge the depth of the water . . . Kalgor's Mage Hand spell cannot reach the bottom of the pool.

Satin Knights

First Post
"It's deeper than it looks." Kalgor searches around in his backpack for rope, and asks Iosef for the grappling hook. He then ties the grappling hook to the rope. "Looks like it's time to try some fishing. Hopefully they are all on one keyring." [sblock=action]Try snagging the keys with 50' of rope and a grappling hook.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The rope is long enough, but the keys are in a loose pile on the bottom.

OOC: Is Kalgor also casting Detect Magic? If not, he won't be able to pick out whatever it is that's radiating on the bottom of the pool (Ravenath can see that something is magical, but despite the fact that I gave it away in my description his human vision can't tell what it is).

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes, Kalgor has Detect Magic to use while fishing. He will also use Dancing Lights (110' range) to make it easier to identify everything down there if it helps. He is looking for the head and coins too.[/sblock]

Remove ads