• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, Human Warrior 1, Sorcerer 1

-Just be careful, alright?

Ravenath sees the dancing light spell. It's a good spell for humans, because of his low quality vision. So, he tries to copy the movements and the words. Then he cast the spell, surprisingly.

-Yes...

With a little concentration, he submerge the light in the water and begin to search all the pool in search for any danger for his comrade.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The pool is quite deep - about 40' - and apparently clear of any monstrous threat. There look to be about 100 keys laying around the bottom, one of which glows with magic.

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

After several futile attempts to snag the glowing key at the bottom of the pool, Kalgor gets frustrated. "Oh, alright." He gets undressed down to a loin cloth, belt, scabbard, dagger and a drawstring pouch on his belt. He places his whetstone in the his pouch of sling bullets, and ties that pouch and the grappling hook to the rope. "At least these should drag me down there easier." Handing Iosef the other end of the rope, "You get to pull me back up if I don't float."

He fashions a sack out of a pillow case, and ties that to the rope also, with a half open mouth for the sack. "The bulk of the keys will go in there."

Sitting on the edge of the pool, he casts Dancing lights and sends them down to the bottom four corners of the pool. Then, casting Detect Magic and taking a deep breath, he goes in. Holding onto the ballast, he sinks to the bottom quickly.

Once at the bottom, with one hand holding the ballast, he grabs the magical key and puts it into the drawstring pouch and pulls it closed. Then, he quickly scoops up the rest of the keys and any coins down here, placing them in the pillow sack attached to the rope. After grabbing everything, he lets go of the ballast, and pushes off the floor back to the surface, pulling on the rope to speed him up.

Once back at the surface, "OK big guy, you can pull up the mundane loot" as he climbs out of the pool.

Casting Prestidigitation, and then shaking like a mangy mutt, he is all of the sudden dry.

[sblock=actions] 15 lbs of stone and iron ballast to get me down easier. Only a belt, dagger and one key holding me down while coming back up with both hands free "climbing" the rope.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
With those preparations you make it easily to the bottom and back up. There is nothing at the bottom of the pool except the pile of keys, only one of which radiates magic.

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

Before proceeding further, Kalgor gets dressed, even putting on his leather armor because the overlapping mage armor is going to fade away soon. Untying the rope and packing it away, he stores everything, but leaves the rest of the keys on the ledge of the pool. "They have to stay here."

"So who wants to try the key, and in which door?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The key appears to Iosef's sight as . . . a key :D. All of the keys in the pile are very similar, but Iosef's keen perception detects minor differences between them. Not enough that he could have picked this particular key out, however.

OOC: Sorry . . . waste of an excellent roll. :(

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]OK, I've dropped a few of my other games so I should be ready to get this one moving again . . . sorry for my delays![/sblock]

Anaerion tries the key from the bottom of the pool in the southwest door; the lock turns smoothly and the door can now be opened. (OOC: Assuming Kalgor and Gragnor do their usual perception thing) There is no perceptible sound coming from the other side of the door, so the Wizard pushes it open to reveal a long corridor flanked by a row of human statues, set into alcoves on each side. The statues look like Ekat Haatse (the man honored by the Crypt), and each one holds a longsword out in front of it. The blades of roughly half the statues are wrapped in leather padding.

The hallway ends in another door to the south.

Attachments

• Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62

Remove ads