• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, Human Warrior 1, Sorcerer 1

-Great. -Ravenath seems to be pondering the statues of that corridor- They look like... guards, isn't it?

Then, the duelist concentrates and cast detect magic to see if those statues could be magical in some way.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The small cat-like creature moves forward cautiously, all his senses fine tuned to his surroundings. He stops just before stepping to the stone between the third pair of statues, paw poised in mid-air. "Ummm, boss? There's something hinky about this stone here. The whole area between these two statues will move if I step on it."

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and Gragnor

"Ok. Back away out of there and we will talk about it."
Gragnor backs out of the corridor.
"Is the stone small enough to jump past, or do we have to trip the trap? Can we trip it by thrown a big weight on it? 99 Keys and a grappling hook should do." [sblock=GM]I'll let you secretly roll Disable Device +7 for Gragnor's knowledge/opinion of what to do to bypass the trap. Not doing it yet, just seeing if he thinks he knows how to.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, you'd have to jump almost a body length . . . a human body length, that is. I got no idea how to trip it, just that it has something to do with that section of the hall."

[sblock=OOC]For the roll I went with Disable Device, but since what you're asking of him is a mental application rather than a physical I used his INT modifier rather than his DEX modifier. So he got 'credit' for his ranks and class skill, just not his physical ability.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

Kalgor's pretty sure he and the paladin are not going to be making great leaps in their armor, so on to plan B. He pulls out the rope and grappling hook again from his backpack, and gathers the keys into the pillow sack again. Adding his sling bullets, he has a hefty sack to toss onto the trap. Tying a rope to it all so it can be retrieved easily, he is ready.

"Stand back everyone." With the others out of the way, he swings and tosses the approximately 20 pound sack onto the trap.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalgor tosses the makeshift weight directly onto the section of hallway described by his partner. The weight is enough to trigger the trap; with a resounding crash the swordarms of all of the statues come crashing down. The tips of each sword rest on the floor, the blades forming a gauntlet of steel to prevent anyone from navigating the passage.

[sblock=OOC]The hallway between the four northern statues is difficult terrain. Crossing the portion of the hall between the southern four statues requires a DC10 Acrobatics or Escape Artist check to avoid taking 1d4 points of damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads