[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, IV - Self-Proclaimed Crown Prince of All Halflings

"It's settled then! If there are no other conscientious objectors, then I suppose it is time to knock. Oh, and this might help our case a bit..." Francis jovially waives his small hands in front of each of the party. Suddenly, even though the party has been managing in the cold weather, his magic makes it appear as if everyone's cheeks are the deepest shade of frozen crimson.

After he is done, Francis waits for any responses, and if there are none, the stubby little fellow walks up to the front door and knocks.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Cast Prestidigitation on each character to make their skin redder as if they've been suffering in the cold for a long, long time.[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 26/26

AC: 17 Flat:15 Touch:13
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Fear: +2 Bardic/Sonic/Language: +4

Initiative: +2

Shortbow: +5 1d4-1
Shortsword: +3 1d4-1

Acrobatics: +2
Bluff: +21
Handle Animal: +7
K. Local: +8
K. Nobility: +6
Perception: +5
Survival: -2

Adaptable Luck: 3/3
Arrows: 20/20
Bardic Performance: 16/16

Level 1: 5/5
Level 2: 3/3

Adventure Notes:
2 days rations and feed (from pig)

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: Ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus trudged along with the group until they reached a house. He said, "I think it is a safe place to rest. Like what you guys said, it is impossible for the people who live here to know what happened."

Then the cleric walked up to the door with the halfling and waited for someone to come to the door, after Francis knocked.

~ Written by LMiller​

[sblock=OOC]Nothing [/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 39/39
CMB: +5 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +10
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +10

Channel Energy: 5/5
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Detect Magic
1st Level: Bless, Doom, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Hold Person, Barkskin (Domain)
3rd Level: Scorching Ray, Silence, Cure Serious Wounds (Domain)
Rebuke Death: 7/7
Deflection Aura: 1/1
Daylight SLA: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Shield (LH)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe trudges along with the others, slogging through the snow without complaint throughout the long morning. At the sign of the inn the slip of a girl breathes a sigh. "Hot food and drink would not go amiss right now, for sure. Though we must be careful what we say... even though they likely know nothing of what transpired in the city, we're certainly pursued and I would not like to leave clues as to our destination."

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
--
[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 47/47
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +10
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 20, noon: Snowy foothills of Yarendel ~

[sblock=The building]This is what it looks like, except it is daytime.
Trading%20Post_zpsq4nelwcc.jpg
[/sblock]Approaching the building there was a port with an overhang covering the front step. There was a snow covered sign, but the snow slid off just as the group stepped onto the wooden deck. The building was a trading post... and sauna.
Oakens%20Sign_zpsnfby3ill.jpg

In answer to the knock a muffled voice came from within, "Come in. We open, ya!"

Opening the door, the interior was cozy and warm with a nice fire in a fireplace. The stock of goods was typical of a rural trading post by all appearances.

Oaken_zpslb3e4ekr.jpg

A friendly looking man sat behind a counter. He was wearing a colorful woolen shirt and suspenders. He had light colored hair and mustache.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  39/39 HP remaining; 
Francis:   26/26 HP remaining;
->Viper:   14/14 HP remaining;
->Bacon:   18/18 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    47/47 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/5,  Reb Death 0/7, Deflect Aura 0/1, Daylight 0/1, Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
   Francis:  Bard Perf 0/16, Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/3
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, IV - Self-Proclaimed Crown Prince of All Halflings

"Good day kind sir! We are forever in debt for your hospitality! Would you be as generous to allow my steed in as well?" Francis ruffles some snow off the pig's head. "He is quite harmless I assure you!" Francis happily leads the party in. "Dreadful cold isn't it? Goes to show you, you never know what to expect. I was wondering if you could help us." Francis clears his throat.

"You see, we've traveled a long distance to visit Yarendul. I heard the wine harvest at this time of the year was one of the wonders of the world. I do like a good port, but nothing quite satiates the tongue as a great vintage merlot. But as I am sure you are certainly aware, this awful weather looks as if it would ruin all the crops!" The halfling peers around his wares as he continues his introduction.

"You look you are making along just fine here, would you mind if we stayed for even just a few minutes to warm our bones?"
Francis smiles. "Oh, and pardon me manners... my name is Francis John IV, and these are my deepest acquaintances. And the pig of course.... Bacon!"

[/section]

[sblock=Rolls]Oratory (Diplomacy) to improve attitude: 26
Perception: 24[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 26/26

AC: 17 Flat:15 Touch:13
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Fear: +2 Bardic/Sonic/Language: +4

Shortbow: +5 1d4-1
Shortsword: +3 1d4-1

Acrobatics: +2
Bluff: +21
Handle Animal: +7
K. Local: +8
K. Nobility: +6
Oratory: +13
Perception: +5
Survival: -2

Adaptable Luck: 3/3
Arrows: 20/20
Bardic Performance: 16/16

Level 1: 5/5
Level 2: 3/3

Adventure Notes:
2 days rations and feed (from pig)

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: Ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Stepping to the side while Francis introduces himself, Charity pulls down her cloak, red tresses falling free. After a short session of fiddling with her hair to get it to lay properly, she gives the shopkeeper a quick smile over her shoulder as the small man continues his lengthy introduction. Being careful not to knock things about with her polearm, Charity begins to examine goods. Her interest in the shopping continues until the end of the halfling's spiel. After the finishing of the last sentence, she turns and shoots the little man a strange look.

Taking a breath, the red-headed Venzan smiles again and speaks, her clear alto voice easily filling the gap in conversation, "I am Charity. It is a pleasure to meet you, sir." She bows respectfully. "Lovely little shop you have," she adds, turning her attention back to the things for sale.

[sblock=Assist]Take 10 on diplomacy to give a +2 to Francis' roll. I don't want to complicate the message so I'm not adding extensive IC speech.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: Lucerne Hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 20, noon: Snowy foothills of Yarendel ~

Oaken_zpslb3e4ekr.jpg

Oaken nodded, “Ya sure, you betcha. Come inside and warm up, ya.”

“I do trading, but I must tell you that I am all sold out of winter wear. I have plenty of swimwear, ya.”

“The wine bottles be over there, ya.”
he gestured to various parts of the interior of the store, should a section of winter wear that had a single heavy cloak sized for a child or Halfling. There was a few items for the swimwear selection and several bottles in racks along one aisle.

[sblock=GM Note]Aura, you cannot Take 10 on Aiding Another checks normally (I think Jack of all Trades or something similar would by-pass that rule though). And I would actually prefer you RP some diplomacy if you are making the attempt to earn the +2 bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  39/39 HP remaining; 
Francis:   26/26 HP remaining;
->Viper:   14/14 HP remaining;
->Bacon:   18/18 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    47/47 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/5,  Reb Death 0/7, Deflect Aura 0/1, Daylight 0/1, Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
   Francis:  Bard Perf 0/16, Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/3
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus went inside the shop and waited for the halfling and Venzan to introduce themselves. "I am Yosephus. Nice to meet you," he said after Charity.

The cleric nodded as Oaken spoke. Then, he looked around. There were different things he was interested in.

Yosephus started wandering around the shop and stopped at the aisle with several bottles. he examined the bottles, holding one and looking at it closely.

~ Written by LMiller​

[sblock=OOC]Nothing [/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 39/39
CMB: +5 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +10
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +10

Channel Energy: 5/5
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Detect Magic
1st Level: Bless, Doom, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Hold Person, Barkskin (Domain)
3rd Level: Scorching Ray, Silence, Cure Serious Wounds (Domain)
Rebuke Death: 7/7
Deflection Aura: 1/1
Daylight SLA: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Shield (LH)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Swimwear?" Charity began, cocking her head, "people actually sell that kind of thing? Or buy it? Hunh." Turning around and finally seeing the items in question, the young guard adds, "Well, so it seems. Although, I'd certainly catch a bit of a chill in this weather wearing that. I guess the snow wasn't something you were expecting..." With that, she examines several pieces for a moment, continuing to be careful where she points her pole arm.

[sblock=pm]I didn't realize you couldn't take 10 on assist, but I suppose that makes sense. No worries.

As for the roleplay of it, I tried to put extra into body language and less into wordage, so as not to overwhelm the shopkeeper. As FJ was going for a general improve attitude roll, my approach was to create a comfortable environment for that. So I demonstrate I feel comfortable in his establishment by pulling down my cloak's hood and settling my hair, which has a tendency to put people at ease. Also I'm going for a bit of openness and avoiding the 'cloaked stranger stalking through the shopkeeper's isles' thing. I offer him respect, smile graciously (be engaging), and let him focus on what FJ had to say. That is what I was going for, anyway. Perhaps I was too subtle. If this makes sense to you, feel free to roll the assist (2+ will get me to 10) and if not, that's fine too.

And I'll add in a little IC because all OOC posts feel empty to me. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: Lucerne Hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe slips into the ship with the others, immediately sliding the hood from her head as well. She smiles warmly at the shopkeeper and introduces herself. "And I am Aishe, sir. It is truly a pleasure to meet you. I am, plainly, from a much warmer clime that this... this cold may well be the death of me, and I appreciate the chance to ease the chill." The slim, dark skinned girl begins making her way around the shop with the others, occasionally picking up an item to examine it before replacing it on the shelf and moving on.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20=12
[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 47/47
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +10
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

Remove ads