[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
"Ah, Borrix, I'd watch out for those pinchers if I were you," Syl couldn't help but laugh at his lame little jab. "Waltors nipped me and it hurt, let alone if he were the size of a horse."

The witch keeps his hex manifested on the warrior, helping him in combat however possible. He also uses his power to continue to roll the ball of flame at the creature, trying to burn it through its thick skin.

OOC: Ref save DC 17 to avoid damage. Continue to cackle for Fortune Hex on Borric.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The invisible gnome backs away from the large scorpion and up behind Borric. She appears, badly wounded, as she casts a spell and a silver battle axe appears beside Borric and attacks the large scorpion. The gnome winces as the poison takes it effect...

[sblock=Actions]
Move to H-6 (via G-10 to 7, and then H-6)
Cast Spiritual Weapon (I-8) Attack 1d20+8=24 for 1d8+1=2 damage

Fort Save for Poison 1d20+7=12 (failed)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions: Bless (26 rounds), Haste (3 rounds), Posioned (5 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 3 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]jkason, my initial inclination is to say that moving into someone's square like tiny creatures are forced to do in order to attack prohibits the 5-ft step action. This isn't backed up by any rule I can find, however, so I'll give the fuzzy a break.

Songdragon, H6 is one of the four squares occupied by Borric's horse. I put you at G6 instead.[/sblock]

Nathan douses Borric in oil and Sylvain chases down the scorpion with his ball of fire. Scuttling around it manages to avoid the flames licking at its abdomen.

The scorpion exhibits an uncanny intelligence as it ignores the weasel and snaps its claw at bigger game. Or what you presume is bigger game. The claw closes closer than the invisible Zelena might like but then again, it missed and so she lives to continue the fight. Zelena realizes the scorpion is somehow able to perceive her in spite of her invisibility...

Poison burns deep in Zelena's muscles sapping her strength.

OOC: Combat: Round Three. Borric is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative:
You all
Champion

Map:

Note: Rocky squares on the map are difficult terrain.

Party:
Borric: 50/73 hit points remaining;
Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining;
Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining;
Zelena: 3/42 hit points remaining; poisoned; 3 Str dmg.

Spells Cast: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2), Haste, Summon Minor Monster; Zelena: Bless, Vanish; Sylvain: Flaming Sphere, Fortune Hex/Borric
Conditions in Effect:
--Mage Armor (Nathan)
--Vanish (Zelena) 2/3
--Haste (party) 4/6; +1 to attacks, AC & Ref saves
--Bless (party) 28/30; +1 to attacks & save vs. fear
--Fortune hex (Borric)
--Flaming Sphere (Sylvain) 5/6
--Poisoned (Zelena) 5/6, consec. saves: 0
For the next six rounds Zelena will need to make a DC 19 Fort save or suffer the effects of poison. Two consecutive saves will end the effect.

Enemy Status:
Champion (AC 21): 25 damage taken; Lightly wounded[/sblock]

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

[sblock=OOC]GE, the warhorse probably should be on the map as a real token since it is a viable combatant of its own right. I am not sure it would need a handle animal check to defend itself nor even participate in the combat being so close. It is currently being threatened, even if it has been ignored up until now.

If anyone has a free Move Acton, order it to attack. Borric doesn't have any available right now, unwilling to sacrifice the bonus attack from haste. :p[/sblock]Borric becomes a wrecking ball of nature, the spiked head of his flail a blur as it swings about. "Get ready to have the favor returned mite brain!"

The electricity crackles as the spiked ball smashes down on the scorpion's carapace three times if rapid succession. Borric is in his element, doing what he does best. He has an wicked grin on his face as he fights.

Since he believes the crone's champion is somewhat intelligent, he offers it quarter, "You alright dung beetle? You want concede victory now?"

[sblock=Actions]5ft step to I9
Full Attack: 1st Flail (with Haste & Bless) (1d20+16=22, 1d8+8+1d6=15)
Bonus Flail (with Haste & Bless) (1d20+16=29, 1d8+8+1d6=17)
2nd Flail (with Fortune, Haste & Bless) (1d20+11=31, 1d8+8+1d6=17), Crit Confirm 2nd Flail (with Fortune, Haste & Bless) (1d20+11=25, 1d8+8=16)
Total damage = 64
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 27 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch) +1AC w/ Haste
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex(Maybe)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 1/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
While the creature has acted with an uncanny level of intelligence for a vermin Borric suspects its intelligence may originate from an outside source. The creature offers no sort of surrender and Borric's last attack shatters it into rubble. Silence settles over the battlefield.

[sblock=OOC]Borric is a war machine! Borric with alll the buffs the party can lay on him is devastating and I knew the scorpion wouldn't last more than a round or two or I would have played the horse more actively.

Now it just remains to see if Zelena can be saved from the scorpion's poison.

And congrats to Sylvain who made 7th level from the encounter.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Start with a channeling to heal some... 4 healed to all

Fort saves... 27 and 21.

Heal more... another 20 points to all

CMW for 11 points healed to Zelena

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions: Bless (26 rounds), Haste (3 rounds), Posioned (5 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 38 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis(d)

Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 2 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan stands agape as Borric decimates the scorpion. His summoned weasel stands on its hind legs, looking around a bit dumfounded at the sudden lack of threat, and chitters a question.

The sorcerer shakes himself out of his reverie then, waving dismissively. The weasel responds by leaping off the ground, shrinking back to its original shape and size before vanishing from view. As he moves in to check on Zelena, Nathan off-handedly realizes Borric is still covered in goop, and another wave calls the greasy coating off the fighter, gathering and coalescing back into its bottom-heavy mote shape before it, too, fades from sight.

Before Nathan can offer any more help, the gnome cleric has channeled sufficient divine might to right herself. With clear worry, he kneels in front of Zelena.

"Looks like you took care of most of the stabby-crushy stuff, but that stinger can't have been good for you. Are you feeling all right?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Haste (2/6 rounds)
* 1 extra attack at full BAB when using a full attack action.
* +1 bonus to attacks
* +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves (lost if Dex is lost)
* +30 ft all movement modes (max of 2x normal speed)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) <20 w/ Haste>
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* <+6 (Haste)> Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Remember, Zelena, I can help heal ou once a day, if you need more. But, I don't have any counter for poison, I'm afraid.". Turning to the crones, the witch asks them about any antitoxin abilities they might have. "My ladies, we have bested your champion. Do you have any help for poison available, that might might purchase from you?"

OOC: It might take me a day or two to get Syl leveled. I didn't make it into the office, so I am just working with phone and IPad, and that times forever.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: No problem, Gerald. Whenever you can get to it.

There is an astonished silence from the stone where the three crones stand watching. Suddenly they burst out in an excited babbling.

"Did you see? Smashed our champion like a bug!"
"Och! Powerful and wise! Perhaps they're the ones..."

"Hush, now!" commands the lead crone. "Don't you dare ruin it!"

The crone turns back to the group of adventurers and simpers. You'd even swear she batted her eyelashes.

"The champion has been defeated." She peers at the lengthening shadows falling across the valley. "At sunrise we will give your reward: a guide up the mountain, or the answers to three questions. Your choice. Alas, beyond that our geas forbids us from aiding you."
"Forbidden."
"You must heal your own."

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

Remove ads