[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Sea witch might be worth talking to, but you said it's a day's ride, yes? More concerned with what might have gone on if they didn't burn or bless the other bodies ... " Eanos trails off, giving Heinrich and Tyrien loaded stares.

"City isn't swimming in undead, so if they're turning, it's to something controllable, or they're not making it out of the caskets. Think we need to head to the hill from here. Want to see what we're dealing with before nightfall if we can. Fighting undead at night is a pain, yes?"

The inquisitor checks the bodies for any other stray evidence, collecting their magical gear as part of the process.

"Figure the Syndicate either wants this back, or has another accountant ready to write these off as part of our pay," he says of the items. "Either way, no reason to burn good magic.

"The bodies, though: you see them move, you burn them to ash, yes? And I don't care who doesn't like cross-talk with the Crew, you send word of the same warning to the other crime scene."
These last warnings and commands he delivers to the guards, his gaze cold as he makes clear the threat wandering undead might pose.

[sblock=ooc]I didn't recall if I said Eanos actually checked the bodies or not, but since he's wanting them burned, figured it was now or never.

As he said, Eanos wants to find out if the older bodies are still interred, or if they've turned and run off without the slow-witted cemetery attendant knowing. Best to find out if the killer's building an army sooner rather than later. ;)

Not sure if Eanos needs to make any social rolls to pass along the commands to the guards. Since they're part of the investigation, I figured his empowerment from the Syndicate / Crew would cover it, but he has +12 Diplomacy / +16 Intimidate if necessary.

I'm not sure if the items are intended as loot or not, but again, made sense to pull it off the bodies, even if we're just handing it to the guards for keeping / returning.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF)
HP:61 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 17 (22 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6
Reflex: +8
Will: +9
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions: Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed), Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception (does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim) , -4 save vs odor based effects).

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 8/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 8/8 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ja Eanos, Cematary is best. Also goot to see das bodies when there, to make sure they get burned. I can burn these here now, if you think ist goot"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien shrugged and did not argue, "Twas only an idea. In truth, if it were a sea witch responsible I would know it not."

"I suppose we can burn the bodies, but why not just use holy water if we are worried about undeath..."

"Here, let me try this."

She removed a flask of sanctified water blessed by one of the good gods and unstopped it. She carefully tipped it to poor only a drop onto each of the corpses to see if there was any affect.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The guards look at each other and then nod. "Burned. Sure, we'll let our people know."

Harry frowns. "Undead, sir? Nom hasn't mentioned having any problem along those lines. But then again, he isn't the most talkative sort. And if you'll hold a moment, I'll tell the Crew." Putting his fingers to his lips, he whistles loudly. A moment later, a street urchin comes scuttling out of a side alley, his feet silent on the cobbles. Harry smirks. "You'll have to do better than that to sneak up on old Blind Harry, Jobe. Go run and tell Mr. King that the investigators say he should burn the bodies if they start to twitch." The boy nods and runs off.

There's no hiss or smell of burning flesh as the holy water touches the corpses, but with second sight, it's easy to see the taint of evil and necromancy retreat a bit from the point of contact. A full vial would probably be enough to cleanse each corpse completely.

BH_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . .
[sblock]The goodies are studded leather +1 and a circlet of intellect +2. They were intended mostly window dressing. If you can make use of them, then by all means take them, but they're vendor trash otherwise.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Das Holy Vaater ist goot, one vial to a body vill do trick." Heinrich's inner sight reveals how the necromantic lines of force diminish. It is easily apperennt there is relief on the young wizard.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien did not have a problem with ceremoniously cremating the dead, but after Heirich confirmed that holy water would sanctify the corpses, she was relieved, “Oh, that is good news.”

Since they were taking the magical items with, she made mention to her companions softly, “I don’t mind using that headband for now. I don’t need it, but it is better around my brow than sitting in a haversack. Unless you want to wear it, Eanos?”

With those issues settled, Tyrien was ready to move along from the house. They had learned a fair amount, but they had not enough to make significant progress yet.

“Well, let’s continue on then.”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos' tension fades slightly as Heinrich confirms the methods for removing the necromantic power.

"Little more expensive, but much less messy, yes?" Eanos says of cleansing the bodies via holy water. He turns to the guards. "Grab yourself some holy water if you don't want the stink of burned corpses. Don't really care which you use, so long as I don't see these two up and walking about later, yes?"

The inquisitor nods as Tyrien asks after the headband. "Work on instinct more than book learning, so you're welcome to it," he says. He has no use for the armor, as his own breastplate offers better protection, so he leaves that with the guards.

"Hill next. Hopefully s'just me worrying too much, but I'll feel better once I've talked to Nom and seen the graves."

To Tyrien, he adds, "Keep the holy water handy, yes?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF)
HP:61 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 17 (22 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6
Reflex: +8
Will: +9
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions: Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed), Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception (does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim) , -4 save vs odor based effects).

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 8/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 8/8 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien put the holy water away and said, “I ahve only three flasks. But I should not need to deal with these corpses. They can get the priest to give them some blessed water and take care of them while we continue our investigation, yes?”

She put on the headband underneath her jingasa, “Okay, then. I will wear it but I am nto sure I feel any smarter for it.”

She followed along beside Eanos as they headed to the hill.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Remove ads