• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Expansion

jkason

First Post
Saktouk Bekloric, half-orc monk

OOC: Sorry for the disappearance, guys. Company in town has been taking more of my time than I thought, and we're heading out of town with our visitors for the weekend...

Having found himself rattled by the mobile skeleton when he got so close to it, Saktouk finally regains his composure and moves into the room once Megan has cleared the door of traps. He turns his darkvision to the room, trying to scan it for the artifacts they've been sent for...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel follows Megan and Saktouk into the vault. She looks carefully around, wondering why someone would set a guardian to protect something practically empty.

The warmaiden remarks, "Maybe someone looted it already? Or perhaps there is a secret door or hidden compartment."

[sblock=Actions]Searching around, Take 20 on Perception +5 for 25 result[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 3/5 (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Aid, Lessor Restoration, Bull's Strength, Barkskin) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus and Kalius both help the group search the area, hoping to find anything that may be of use to the party as well as the documents that the group was sent here to find.

OOC: Going to use Perception for both Kalius and Veniarus in the form of an Aid Another for Ariel's search of the room.

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats] Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 16 // Current: 16
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow, Loaded, +3 (1d8)
Secondary Weapon: Morning Star, +1 (1d8)

Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 2/3 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message, Resistance
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Grease[/sblock][sblock=Kalius Mini Stats]Kalius (Eidolon)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 16 (14 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Mage Armor Class: 20 (12 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
Hit Points: 20 // Current: 20
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0

Current Weapon: Lucerne Hammer, +5 (1d12+4), 10 ft reach, Brace
Secondary Attack: Bite +0 (1d6+1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
Megan nods at Ariel's suggestion, "That's a good thought. Maybe there's more than it seems. Let's take a closer look." With that, she proceeds to stuff her elf ears with her hands, close her eyes, and dance around in circles.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: meh. Okay I will post an in character request because you asked for one \/\/ilhem.

Veniarus, after he is done searching, goes back to where they left the magic items that the skeleton had, and looks them over. Ariel had already claimed the spear. The Full Plate Armor would be of little use to either himself or Kalius. But the Cloak, now that would be of some use to him. Veniarus says "Does anyone mind if I take the Cloak from what remains of the Skeletons belongings?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the absence guys. Boss came to my office with emergency project. We got it knocked out and after that, I had to finish my own stuff in an hour. Weekends are never strong for me for posting, but as we seem to be rolling right along, I'll get something up. Drawing on the fact Audra was at the dinner...

Audra nods to Ariel as she keeps her eyes down the hallway toward the stairs.

Right weapon always helps. And knowing how to use it.

She closes her eyes, sadly having become some what accustomed to the feeling of the wave of healing energy. As the wave fades she opens her eyes and nods.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Guess I'm better bait than even I thought.

With a wry smile she follows the others, heading for the vault. She stops at Megan's wondering and blinks.

Yeesh. I hope what we're looking for is still here somewhere.

She considers the young Warmaiden's words as she searches, trying to locate anything of note, worth or that sort of thing. Perhaps another switch? As she searches something Ariel said keeps nagging at her.

Well, if someone got in here and the skeleton was alive, they either can travel through solid ground, or...maybe it was someone the skeleton recognized? Necromancer who created it? Or maybe...one of the family? I mean, from time to time, one of them might wish to come do honor to their line. But who....

She looks back at Ariel.

Think that no good drunken louse might be responsible? We were told he didn't give a flip about the family history here...

She shakes her head and continues helping as she can.

OOC: Addendum: will do the leveling work tomorrow. Getting late.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel shakes her head as the summoner takes the cloak, gesturing she doesn't mind. She remarks, "We should take the armor too, even if nobody can use it."

The cleric frowns as it looks like they were tricked and deceived again.

Whoever it was had to either know the password to nullify the guardian or controlled it all along.

"I suppose we should report our findings, but there are some other doors we can check out while we are here. Just to be sure the items are not hidden elsewhere."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 3/5 (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Aid, Lessor Restoration, Bull's Strength, Barkskin) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Remove ads