• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Expansion

sunshadow21

Explorer
You take some time to search the vault. The papers and family items you were sent to find are quite easy to locate. Out of the other odds and ends, you actually do manage to find a fair amount of gems, coins, and other interesting items in the various nooks and crannies.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
CR 1 The Vault 400 xp total/80 xp each

Treasure
Efficient Quiver, 1st level Pearl of Power, Hand of the Mage, 700 gp total in misc gems and coins (140 gp each)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Saktouk Bekloric, half-orc monk

Saktouk offers no resistance to Veniarius taking the cloak.

"The family drunk does seem to be a problem for well-off families, I hear," Saktouk offers. "But can't hurt to try the other doors, too. Seems to me a drunk can sometimes be too lazy to actually transport treasures; might have just moved it close by..."

VVilhem

First Post
"I don't think that drunk looted this place," Megan says. "For one, if he can get in here, why doesn't he just take his papers and heirlooms with him to begin with? Also, he never requested anything else aside from those paltry items, so what's the point of deceiving us to come here?"

"Something is amiss. I think someone else took the treasure. Treasure that rightly belongs to us!"
OOC: Dalkon, that post was more making fun of myself for rolling a 1.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: A bit of clarification. Thomas was not the one who requested the papers, that was Samuel, who actually does care about family history. Thomas pretty much took anything of value out of the vault that he could find as soon as he felt his relatives wouldn't complain about it, and sold it to feed his gambling and drinking habits. You can hear all about how the family feels about that when you get back to the inn and give the papers to Nathaniel.

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: How is loot suppose to be handled? Do we just take what we want or does the taker pays the party the loot's market price divided by half? We haven't had to figure this out since all the loot so far has been just coins.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Usually you use whatever you find during the adventure. After the adventure, total cash value of the encounters is calculated, and you can either take all in coin, or subtract the value of whatever items you want to keep from your total cash.

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: SS, so we still have to buy our treasure at full price? Why not just buy it at a store then? Dalkon, you can keep the cloak for now.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: That's how it's been done in all the games I've finished as characters. The advantage with getting it through the adventure is you don't have to roll for it. Any items not taken by the players in the adventures are thrown into the shopping thread, where they can be bought without rolling. I suspect the full price thing is an effort to maintain overall charcter balance.

Remove ads