[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Urgently, Bren holds up a hand to signal the others to stop. He turns to them, puts his lips to each of their ears in turn and whispers, "Voices ahead, speaking common. Something about a doctor and his contraptions, and wishing they'd gone to Venza."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (19 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, stealthy Venzan bravo

"Thank Cortessa for that infernal noise," the rogue mutters all too aware that Breninyr is less than adept at masking his footfalls and stilling the rustling of his gear.

Fury motions for Breninyr to retreat up the stairs a short distance, just enough to get behind Cythera and allow Fury space to sneak down and take a peek at how things lie in the chamber beyond.

[sblock=OOC]Stealth +17[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera gestures a silent command to have Carak stay put.

"I will come with."

She casts a minor spell and disappears from view completely. She moves down and steps past Fury, not needing to bother about being seen. Yet she careful to try and not be heard.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Vanish, Invisible for 5 rounds
Stealth +11 normally.
Btw, Cythera has Minor Image on her spell repertoire, it might come in handy guys. [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
The staircase opens out into another hexagonal room, which appears to be a combination of antechamber and armory. Empty weapon racks have been carelessly thrown to one side. You suspect that they were once lined in neat rows throughout the room, and it looks as though they were shaped to hold military picks, perhaps as a reward for successful challengers. An inscription on the floor would tend to support this theory, as it reads, “Claimmest thou thy priyze.”

The half of the room that has been cleared has been set up as a miniature barracks. There are three cots and a small table, and a half dozen waterskins next to pile of small wrapped bundles that you would guess are travel rations. A door in the far wall leads further into the crypt, and it is without doubt that whatever lies beyond is the source of the noise. Meanwhile, two men in breastplates sit at the table playing cards. Military picks hang from their belts, and their shields are nearby. Beyond them, a hulking wrathspawn loiters near the door, and despite the menace that the creature exudes, the men seem wholly indifferent to it. The wrathspawn cocks its head and sniffs the air suspiciously as Cythera steps down the stairs, but it makes no other motions.

“Unbroken chain!” one of the men curses, looking at the far door. “It’s been bloody weeks. When is this bloody piker going to be finished?”

“Easy, brother. He’s no bloody piker. Bloody pikers work a lot bloody cheaper.”

The first man snorts and turns back to his cards.

GM: Map will be up this afternoon or tonight. Perception checks to notice stuff.

You guys do realize that the last chamber was Theurge Pallas’ chamber, right?

EDIT: Okay, I lied about the map. Tomorrow.

[sblock=Map]
armory_00_zps09dc1608.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, stealthy Venzan bravo

Having seen enough to describe the room to Breninyr and make a plan of action Fury retreats back up the stairs to where the monk and Carak await. Not certain where Cythera is he moves cautiously so that he doesn't inadvertently bump into her or make any extra noise.

Once he's back to Bren he describes the layout of the room. "...so, two at the table, wrathspawn at the far door. I wish to claimest my prize and these fellows look like they've made a mess of the place. Not to mention they don't look like the sharing type. How you want to handle this? Chat our way through? Quiet dagger in the back?" His hand moves to the hilt of his rapier and it is fairly obvious which choice the brash rogue would make.

[sblock=OOC]Stealth +17[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

OOC: Sorry, I had this drafted but was not able to get to EnW last night. Since there is a finite duration of Vanish, I think I will try to get the most out of it.

Before Fury moves back, Cythera freezes, taking notice that the aberration appears to have reacted with some ability to smell things like Carak. She whispers, "I can sneak in and attack from surprise."

"I
f you want to wait here a few moments, count to ten."

"
I don't think parley is an option with the wrathspawn."

[sblock=Actions]Invisible for 4 rounds, Stealth +11 normally.
Move half speed to J10Stealth (1d20+11=30)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
GM: Minor correction to map: The wrathspawn is actually a large creature, 10x10. I just copypasta'd from an old map and forgot to fix him.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury mutters something under his breath that is masked by the sound of the machine or whatever it is that is making that unholy racket before he nods acceptance to Cythera's plan. He motions for Breninyr to come closer in preparation to advance then draws rapier and dagger. When he reaches ten he'll step out, trying to use his skill at stealth to remain hidden as long as possible, and move towards the men at the table. At the first indication of Cythera's attack Fury will launch his dagger in an attack at the man closest to him.

[sblock=OOC]Stealth +17
Ranged dagger attack: 1d20+11=13, 1d4+2=6, 4d6=16
Note: penalty for range not applied to the attack since I don't know how far Fury will get before being noticed or Cythera's attack. With that roll, highly unlikely that he hit.
[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]It will take Cythera at least two rounds to get into position. The Aberration being large actually helps. She will be able to cover them with her Glaive.

She will attack 1 round before the Vanish expires. At least that's my plan anyway. It was to give Fury and Bren as much time to prepare as possible before her spell ends.[/sblock]

Remove ads