[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
Sylla lets fly two arrows, both of which go wide. She draws a third and sights along it, knowing this is her final chance. As soon as the projectile leaves the bow, she settles back into the saddle with a look of satisfaction. Two heartbeats later, the arrow strikes the bandit less than a hands-breadth from the center of his back.

[sblock]Four range increments for -8 +8 base = +0. Last chance! (1d20+0=9, 1d8+3=5, 1d20+0=9, 1d8+3=11, 1d20+0=20, 1d8+3=5) crit misses Crit threat (1d20+0=10, 1d8+3=11)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylla's third arrow takes the bandit down tumbling him from the saddle. The horse continues to run until it realizes it no longer has a guiding hand then it slow and stops. Vincenzo is able to retrieve the mount and bring it back to the camp.

Taniwha replies in the affirmative when Maui asks about the scent. In his jaguar form Maui can smell the bitter scent himself. Boots will confirm it and points out that the smell is stronger when the creature isn't wearing its skin-sack.

Protected by the overhanging ledge is all the plunder the bandits have stashed, mostly trade goods and supplies stolen from local towns and small traders who have been waylaid. Little of it looks like it would be of interest to adventuring types but could bring some coin if sold in town.

[sblock=OOC]Congratulations, final battle complete. Not as difficult as I expected, guess I need to review my tactics again.:p

There are still some things we can play out or I could end it with a few paragraphs if you would rather wrap sooner rather than later. Up to you all.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo returns with the horse and the bandit draped over it. As he crosses the stream and looks up he sees the location of the hide out and he beams in sudden realization.

This is it! its perfect!! This is where the new settlement can be!!! fresh water, shelter. Its perfect!

OOC: i think we can fast track it

jbear

First Post
Maui folds out of his jaguar form with the sickening sound of ripping flesh, popping joints and snapping bones. Maui roars in pain, unused to the painful transformation. His body trembles as the bones and sinews reknit back to reconstitute his human form.

"Te bandits were poisoned by te gut worm, te mind and te soul. Death will give them no peace."

Maui raises a fist to the sky. "Come Crow. Come feed on te fat worm. Clean te stink!" Maui circles the area, muttering prayers under his breath and making strange gestures for sometime while the others gather the the stolen belongings. Maui then mounts, ready to return back to the caravan and report back on the recent events.

As they head back Taniwha seems agitated. "Yes... I remember...Maui will get you te buffalo milk ...."

OOC: I am in no rush to wrap things up. But I am okay if that is what others prefer to do :)

Systole

First Post
"Land for the god-botherers. Safety for the Pell. Vengeance for the Goti," Sylla says with a flat expression. "A good day's work, I suppose, but no one's happiness will last. Still, I would see Ganil's daughter buried in the meantime."

[sblock]No hurry on my end. Sylla wants to return to the Goti first. Where are we experience-wise? I might bump Sylla to 7th or 8th, both of which are very nice levels for her.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aoro meets the others as they look over the goods stashed here. He has a string of horses walking behind his own mount. Added to the mounts of these last bandits and the group very nearly has a small herd. He looks around impassively but recoils from the split open body and the carcass of the otherworldy worm. He looks at you, eyes wide and unblinking; probably as close to awe as the stoic Goti gets.

"It has been an honor to ride with such great warriors and favored of the spirits. Where do you ride next?"

[sblock=OOC]I'll get XP updated in the first post asap.

Also, I'll continue as long as you all want. Vincenzo has mentioned reporting this site as suitable for Lucia's people to settle on, Maui has mentioned acquiring buffalo milk, and Sylla returning to the Goti to see that Ganil's daughter is buried. Just let me know where you are headed next.[/sblock]

• • • Scout Aoro • • •

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I think burying Ganill's daughter, then buffalo milk, then to the town to report the defeat of the bandits, and then the pilgrimage would be the proper order

Systole

First Post
[sblock=ooc]What Scott said. Unless we can get buffalo milk on the way back, but that's is all Maui. Sylla is not going to help with that, although she won't stop Boots if he wants to lend a hand.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Agreed on the order of things. I also agree that buffalo milk is not really needed to be an event. I can just add a description in one of my posts.

I am pretty sure that obtaining buffalo milk is no challenge for Maui if that is his goal. He can prepare Charm Animal and have one of the heffers willingly allow herself to be milked. If that is not the case then I can just add a description from an angle of failure in his attempts [/sblock]

Remove ads