[LPF] Guard Duty

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana stiffens at the the minor slight, however deserved it might have been. Critiques from a prospective employer, yes... but from a fellow supplicant? Not so much. Sana's response is an icily non-committal, "Uh-huh."

She was content to leave it there, turning back to watch Rhydius (who, Sana notes with secret (and hypocritical) pleasure, isn't all that much better than her own), but then Thiera addresses her once more. Despite herself, Sana laughs, smiling as her temper loses its cold grip, "I am from Ras Sedr in Rhat-matanis, do you know the place? The markings on my skin come from within, not something that all from Rhat-matanis share, but not unheard of in Ras Sedr. It shows itself in many ways, but in the particulars my markings are unique." Sana's eyes travel meaningfully to Theira's nearly-hidden horns and she grins, "I think perhaps we share a common ancestor? "

[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
Darkvision 60', Perception +5
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire 5

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3
Shortbow +4, 1d6 (20c, 20b)

Arcane Pool 3/4
Cantrips (DC 13) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
1st Lvl (DC14) Color Spray, Grease[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Hmm, not so great on the quick draw, but again no particular surprise. That's a challenging skill to learn. Still, a decent enough form, and a lot of guts. Not a bad start; definitely seen much worse. Report to the docks at sunset." Seeing no further immediate applicants, Lt. Oris sheathes his weapon, and sits back down as the officers wait a while to see if any others should appear, debating quietly about the latest fighting styles to have appeared around town.

OOC: There may be one character joining, and Wednesdays are tough days for me to post, so I will plan on pushing the group forward to the dock Thursday morning. In the meantime, feel free to continue rping.

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera watches Rhydius's blundered attack, but realizes that she has probably used up her allotment of criticism for the day and refrains from comment. Returning her attention to Sana she replies, "Fascinating. It's been some time since the days of my schooling and it's not often in this age one meets somebody from Rhat-matanis on a friendly footing. As to a common ancestry, perhaps. I myself am an orphan lucky enough to be abandoned in Irthos, so I got to make the most of a suboptimal situation. Perhaps I hail from Rhat-matanis myself? Pascal knows, but I certainly don't."

Belatedly realizing what caused the cold pause in the conversation she adds, "I, umm, didn't mean to offend before. Sometimes I get wrapped up in my thoughts and don't consider my words carefully enough. That was really meant as praise for your magical abilities. It's something I've always been intrigued by, but never enough to learn for myself. On a less scientific note, it certainly lends a certain romantic mystique to the proceedings."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
HP 11/11, Init +3, Move 30'
AC 15 Touch 13, FF 12
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1

MW Longbow +5, 1d8 x3
39 Arrows
Dagger +1, 1d4
Thrown Dagger +4, 1d4
Longsword +1, 1d8 19-20
Club +1, 1d6

Lv 1: Darkness
[/sblock]

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana laughs lightly at the apology trying to put Thiera at ease, but her eyes darken slightly at the mention of a hostile Rhat-mantis and magic as mystique. "No, it is I who was in the wrong. One should not take umbrage from what is but a true observation... it was a poorly made strike. Perhaps I was nervous. It has been some time since I have been under orders."

Sana fiddles with her abaya for a moment, remembering. "Even many that were born children of the Sun are no longer... on a friendly footing." Sana looks up and puts on a smile, adding some amount of false levity. "Perhaps you are from Rhat-mantis, but based upon the lightness of your skin, I think it unlikely."

[sblock=ooc]There was hardly any criticism. :p I'm just trying to play on her prickly temperament.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3

Arcane Pool 3/4

mazzoli

First Post
"That is true, it's just that I know nothing about my parentage save that my mother must have been somewhat...loose, shall we say? I do know that she gave me a half brother from her womb who has the blood of a celestial in his veins. We don't get along so well..." she trails off, gazing out the window. She then looks back at Sana and asks, "What about you? Why have you left Rhat'matanis to come all this way to Venza?"
[sblock=OOC]No worries. I'm just trying to RP my character's very rusty social interaction skills. Missing things, picking up on things late, misinterpreting things, overreacting when things are picked up on, that sort of stuff.[/sblock]

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana smiles at the mention of celestial kin, wondering what the circumstances must have been... but the smile curdles at the question, her tone turning icy once more. "Reasons that are my own."

After a brief pause, Sana sighs, remorseful at the terse remark. "It is too fresh... I was betrayed by my country, my god. I... try not to dwell on it. It is time to make a new life... away from all that." She pushes a hand away from herself, as if shoving away any memories, "What about you? What made you leave Irthos?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3

Arcane Pool 3/4

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera ponders the question for a moment, weighing how much she wants to try to avoid her usual tight-lipped nature.

"I grew weary of the games...the incessant subterfuge and maneuvering. I'm sure you can tell by now that society is not a current I traverse effectively. Add to that the fact that I was cast adrift into the complex waters of the educated society of Irthos not long after my seventeenth birthday without the support of any family...I needed to get away. To that end I spent the past three years traveling to and fro from Irthos to Venza, living blissfully alone in the wilds, buying what supplies I needed by taking treasure hunting jobs for the elite that sent me back out into nature. I finally recognized that I could only avoid others for so long, so I took up residence in Venza not too long ago. To be honest, this is the first real conversation, one that didn't involve a business transaction, I've had in longer than I care to remember. It's hard, you know, so...uh, I guess, thanks. That is, er, for being patient with me..."

She trails off, obviously not really knowing where to go from here with the conversation.

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto looks at the girls chattering like chipmunks and sighs. At least they are happy and will have each other to talk to. Turning to Rhydius, "Looks like we are all in." Grabbing his own gear from the floor and seating his saddlebag properly. "Ready?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Tasanto AC 14 HP 9/9 real 11/11 temp, Init +2,
Darkvision
, Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Move 40'
Fort: +1, Reflex +2, Will +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 15
Claw/Claw +3, d4+2
Bite +3, d6+2
Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3
Handbo +3, d6+2
Dagger +3, d4+2
Sling, +3, d4+2..... Sling Bullets 10 Normal

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
.....Immediate Actions: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
..............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait

Current Effects:

Tasanto_Nysys_black_headshot.png

[/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius sheaths his weapon as he walks over to collect his pack, and mutters a bit about his timing. Having been addressed he looks at the cattaur and replies, "I suppose so. Pardon me, but I thought you were something one of the officers had conjured up just to look menacing."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Rhydius-face.jpg

Rhydius VanDarver
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 11/11
Move: 30'
CMB: +3 CMD: 17
Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Weapon in Hand: Rapier

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d4+2
Rapier: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d6+2
Shortbow: Attack: +05(+6*) Damage: 1d6+1*
Normal Arrows (20)
*Point Blank Shot within 30'

Ranger’s Focus: +2 to attack and damage on declared target. Remaining:1/1 per day[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The door to the room opens and dwarf with pale eyes enters. He’s in the middle of shouting something, but stops quickly upon seeing that the room is occupied. The moment of surprise passes and he bows deeply. “Please excuse Cavernous Hode,” he says. “Cavernous Hode was not expecting to find so many people in here. Cavernous Hode apologizes most profusely in case he interrupted any important goings-on.”

He peers at the other inhabitants of the room, and a look of excitement creeps across his face. “Wait, these people loitering with great idleness in front of Cavernous Hode … are they adventurers? Will there be brave feats of derring-do and much buckling of swashes and tearing of bodices? If so, can Cavernous Hode come along? Cavernous Hode once found a book about adventuring, which was extremely enlightening, although somewhat improbable, and in some places rather confusing. Incidentally, Cavernous Hode would be most grateful if someone could tell him what a bodice is exactly, and possibly also explain why they are not generally constructed out of a stronger material.”

CavernousHode_150.jpg

Remove ads