[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth helped Damaris with the wagon and guiding the two horses pulling it out of the barn.

Having concluded that the initial danger of a counter-attack was over, you set about really searching the buildings of the fort. It soon becomes clear that the barracks held no secret compartments as its floor was dirt. He doesn’t notice any areas that appear to have been dug up recently.

Ru examined the building with the cells further and carefully checked the floors and ceiling. The walls were not think enough to hide strongboxes or chests in them.

Umthirn did not find anything special about the wagons. They were normal wooden construction with no place for hidden compartments. Checking the floor of the barn he found it hard packed dirt except where the animals were standing and walking. Probing the dirt, he did not find anything solid underneath the surface that indicated wood shallowly buried.

After several minutes, Umthrin finally found something in the back wall of the barn. The wall was half sunken into the hill behind it and there appeared to be a secret door in the lower left corner of the back wall that could lead into the hill side. It was a small door about 4ftx4ft square.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00O_zps33ebfbbc.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      66/66 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   62/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Looking for secret doors and traps requires that you actually go near them to find them. ;)
You only actually looked in the barracks and barn, never really searched much at all (except to check the two chests in the small rooms).[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Technically Ru doesn't know about the door yet, since he's in another building, but since I don't want to hold things up if he "finds out" when I can't post, I'm going to roll two Disable Device checks. First for traps if Umthirn finds any, second in case the secret door is locked and needs picking:

Disable (trap); Disable (pick lock) (1d20+9=16, 1d20+8=14)

Probably not successful in either case, and likely sets off a trap if it's there. Sigh, yeah, Ru definitely needs a rebuild or a retirement after this. He's not actually good at anything I think he should be good at.

Ru's willing to take 20 on any lockpicking that needs doing. [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Testing the spell that Damaris has up, Umthrin responds to it by saying "Oy girl, I found something back here in the barn. Bring everyone over here."

[sblock=OOC]
I'll notify everyone via the message spell for now. Not going to risk opening the door.
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17 + 4 MA (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Oh, wonderful!" Damaris claps excited that they finally managed to find something. "Seems like there's something on the back of the barn" she goes to Umthrim. "We should check it first. They did took their time to hide this... Maybe its even trapped"

[sblock=Ministats]Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 2/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth follows you into the barn, but hangs back. He was unarmed and armored, and a coward as well.

Squeezing between the wagon and the back wall of the stable, Ru carefully checked the hidden door and found the catch to open it. There were no traps on it that he could find, and it was not locked. The door had no hinges and it looked like it was designed to slide upwards after it was the catch was released.

So far you heard nothing from the other side.

Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00P_zps33e3439d.jpg

Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect: Message
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru looks to the others and shrugs.

"Don't seem to be traps or locks," he offers. "I'm hoping that's because they were confident enough in how well hidden this is, and not because I'm about to get a nasty surprise. Still, I'd say everyone on his or her toes."

With that warning, Ru tries to slide the door upward as is its apparent design.

[sblock=ooc]If it's designed to be a door, I wouldn't think it would take a strength check, but just so I don't hold things up if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), I rolled one anyway:

STR check if necessary (1d20=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Initiative: +4
Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris steps forward to get a better look at the door and what Ru is doing. She will cast dancing lights to allow him to see better if there's no illumination inside there.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

The door slid upwards easily enough and Damaris's dancing lights illuminated the darkened dirt tunnel revealed. It only went a few feet before turning to the left.

It looked like the builders dug the tunnel into the hillside and shored up the sides with some wooden poles to support some planks to help hold up the ceiling. But mostly they had pushed in on the dirt and embedded rocks to pack them in harder. The ceiling was tall enough that once through the door and turning the corner the tallest of you would be able to stand without having to worry about stooping.

Tactical Map:
LPFKQEnc6Map00Q_zps9c87ebd2.jpg

Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (9/10 rounds)
[/sblock] [sblock= GM]@soulnova; You will need to keep track of where the dancing lights are and the spell's duration. It only lasts 10 rounds before you need to cast it again. Currently I put them in her square.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris will move the lights 10 feet ahead of Ru at all times. "Ah secret tunnel? Color me surprised!" she chuckles. "This is a good place to find the spice... if not something else"

She will move behind Rhas and Ru if they enter the tunnel. "Umthrim, would you stay guard out here with Hrandeth?"

[sblock=Movement]
Moving the lights to x62 and keeps them 10ft in front of Ru. She follows Ru/Rhas¨.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 2/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).[/sblock]

Remove ads