• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

WindCrystal

First Post
amien_sketch1_finished_cropped.png
Amien considers going for his sunrod, but decides not to until later. He simply pats his belt for later. Stumbling to get back up to standing, he incoherently says, "Ah, uh yes I would go as far as to look for a needle in a haystack for you. That's the kind of helpful folks we are, right?"

He steps closer to Damaris when motioned.

Updated Map
[sblock=Actions]Move to I33[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Flail +1
Condition:
HP: 54/54
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +0
CMB: +7
CMD: 19

Glaive Attack: +7; Damage: 1d10+4 (+9, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage); Crit: 20/x3, Slashing, Special: Reach
H. Flail +1: Attack: +8; Damage: 1d10+4+1 (+10, 1d10+8 under Strength Rage); Crit: 19/x2, Bludgeoning, Special: Disarm, Trip
Sling Attack: +5, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack (Consumable items)
- Rations (18 days left)
- Medium Tent (in use)
- Wand of CLW x1
- Potion of CMW x3
- Sunrod x3 (one in belt)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 11: 22:01 In the Darkwood ~

ForestGiant_zpsa2fee3c4.png

The forest giant squints at the appearances of more lights out of thin air.

"Gar, magicks!"

"Da ring fits Kardoblag's finger."
He shows the teifling mage the back of his fist with one finger, the middle one, raised up straight. With the size of the giant's finger the ring would look more like a regular person's armband.

"Tis gold an' be havin' funny writ on it."

"Ya find it?"
he growls at Damaris and he moves closer. Amien, Ru, and Tyrion are forced to step back or be stepped upon.

Seeing that she did not find anything, the giant leans over with the intention of turning your camp upside down or inside out to look for his missing jewelry.

"Grr, war da fook be it?"

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Amien:     54/54 HP remaining; 
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]Updated Map
[sblock=OOC]You all probably should think of this as a skill challenge unless you want to fight a Forest Giant.
Diplomacy (be specific on what you are using it for) and Perception checks are applicable.
If anyone is thinking in Intimidation, be aware that size difference alone is a huge penalty. ;)[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Woah, there. If you move around too much, you might step on dah shiny ring. We can't step on it, we're too small, ya know. Is best you sit and rest a moment, aye? You deserve it, don't ya? Must been very tiring so far. C'mon, you can sit if ya like."

"I'll use me magic lights to look ovah ther"

She tries to calm down the giant to keep him from moving around and accidentally stepping on one of them or the ring. She then turns away to look around the bushes with her lights.

"♫ ...mmhh...let's look for the one ring...mmhmhmh... must be around here ♪" she hums while looking for the wedding ring, trying to ease the tension in the air.

[sblock=Checks]
Diplomacy+10, Perception+6 (1d20+10=25, 1d20+6=20)

YAY! :D [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Tyrion, glad he dodged the giant's attempt to grab his ioun stone, starts looking for the bangle immediately. Please let us find it, please let us find it...

[sblock=Perception]
Perception Check:1d20+6=18
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Falchion of DOOM! +10 / 2d4+17 (PA/FF/OHC)

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

No Map Update

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

After the description is given, Thuvian reaches into his backpack and pulls out a scroll. Watching the giant warily, he proceeds to cast Locate Object, using the common tongue rather than the more usual draconic so as to let the giant be quite clear in what was being cast.

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Lai Tai begins to poke around the camp, looking for the gold bracelet the giant is speaking of, but leaving the conversation to those better versed in social skills. while he does so, he keeps a careful eye on the creature, ready to fight if the situation turns violent.

[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+7=17)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: +7
Initiative: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/5
Staff Charges: 8/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d6+7)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
amien_sketch1_finished_cropped.png

As the less composed of the band of travelers points over towards the darker distance, he'll kindly ask, "I know you hate for us to keep lighting lights, but it's a must if I'm to help find your ring." He actually isn't sure if it's the lights the giant hates, or just the fire they had going or magic, but he has a feeling such a distinctions are incredibly important.

[sblock=Diplomacy]Diplomacy (1d20+1=2)[/sblock]

Amien is more likely better off tagging along with somebody with light already out, unless the giant decides his feeble request is okayed regardless. He'll stumble around, hoping that he hurts himself tripping over such a large piece of jewelry that must be at least the width of his shoulders.

[sblock=Perception]Perception (1d20+3=14)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Flail +1
Condition:
HP: 54/54
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +0
CMB: +7
CMD: 19

Glaive Attack: +7; Damage: 1d10+4 (+9, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage); Crit: 20/x3, Slashing, Special: Reach
H. Flail +1: Attack: +8; Damage: 1d10+4+1 (+10, 1d10+8 under Strength Rage); Crit: 19/x2, Bludgeoning, Special: Disarm, Trip
Sling Attack: +5, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack (Consumable items)
- Rations (18 days left)
- Medium Tent (in use)
- Wand of CLW x1
- Potion of CMW x3
- Sunrod x3 (one in belt)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 11: 22:01 In the Darkwood ~

ForestGiant_zpsa2fee3c4.png

Kardoblag grunts and steps back to rest against the boulder. Damaris has convinced the giant to not toss your belongings around in the search.

"A'right, Kardoblag be listened to da ugly smallsie. Ya betta find it or dat beech o' mine make me life hell."

The forest giant leaves the rest of his threat implied as he watches you look around.

Damaris determines it is not around the area she is looking. Tyrion and Lai Tai have not had much luck in the campsite itself either. Amien did not trip over it.

After Thuvian uses his scroll, the wizard knows why you are not having so much luck finding the ring. He initially sensed the object to his southwest, but he doesn't see anyone having any luck finding it along that direction.

Kardoblag takes special notice of the wizard and his use of the scroll. His rumbling voice is impatient, "Ya fowned it yet?"

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Amien:     54/54 HP remaining; 
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]Updated Map
[sblock=OOC]With the Diplomacy passed, all that is left is to succeed in finding the ring.

I will count a Perception Roll to cover the square you move your character into and the surrounding 8 for the purposes of the challenge as you move on the map to locate the ring. Yeah, you gotta move around on the map to find it. ;)

Thuvian is going to get a +10 bonus on his perception check when he reaches the correct 9 squares.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Updated Map

"I have narrowed down the search area as I had hoped to be able to do. We probably need to look beyond the clearing though, as I'm fairly certain that someone would have noticed it already it were in camp. In order to maximize our chances, let's do this somewhat organized; form a line/arc that covers the southwest corner of immediate area with me as the center and Tyrion, as the light source, close to me."

Base Perception (1d20+6=14) (I didn't include the additional +1 as I don't know where the correct nine squares are)

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

"Save your glow stick. Stay with me, Goldilocks," Ru says as he brushes past Amien on the way to where Thuvian has indicated. "I'll provide the light, with bonus brilliance from my company. You stand between me and our new friend while we look," he says with a mischievous wink.

The southerner wades into the undergrowthrustling about, trying to catch sight of the ring.

"I mean, it's bigger than a sapling. It can't hide too well, can it?" he whispers as he shifts branches about with his Wakizashi.

[sblock=ooc]Work computer crapped out yesterday, so I lost the only posting window I had. Sorry. :(

Perception (1d20+6=16)[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 10 days' rations[/sblock]

Remove ads