Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Aura

Explorer
The disembodied voice once again comes forth, in the form of an amused chuckle. "Very well, then, Barlo. And friends. Let us speak, with civility and no whips." There is a pause, then the voice continues, "Although you will have to excuse me, I'm not as sure how well committed your attack cats are to such a thing, so I'll kindly keep my distance.

"Alright, what to talk about?" The voice pauses a moment, then continues, "So, you expected me to be here, from the sounds of it? Regale me with how you came to that tidbit and I'll be so inclined to answer a question for you. Actually, I'll give you one right now: I didn't do that; it seems to be a natural property of the place."

It is at that point you notice the dead giant and his rat buddy have almost faded from existance.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo glanced at the shapeshifted druid and made a hand gesture for him to wait, "Easy, Maui."

Then he looked to Ethane after seeing the two dead disappear. He spoke in a low voice for his companions' ears, "I wonder if those two will reappear again as part of the illusionary people we have encountered before... Uhhh, what if all those we just met at the temple are in fact dead already. Hmmm, no good."

Barlo had not put the whip away, but did not threaten with it further. He looked up and spoke louder, "Okay, sure I will exchange some information. We knew you were here because someone saw you arrive, of course. They were also outside the town and not a part of the spell that has blanketed this place."

"Now, your turn again. What brought you here in the first place?"

[sblock=Actions]Take 10 on Diplomacy +20[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow & Whip

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo 002.jpg

[sblock=place holder for attack] Vinny will be attacking the ghoul at F,9 as soon as I get back from my volunteer work today.[/sblock]

Vincenzo attacks the easier menace first. he stabs at the ghoul to his left, happy that the demon has moved with in fighting distance in this conflict.

Attack the ghoul # 1 @ F,9:

+22/+17/+12 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed
Attack/Damage: 1D20+22 = [2]+22 = 24;1D6+10 = [6]+10 = 16;1D20+17 = [15]+17 = 32;1D6+10 = [3]+10 = 13;1D20+12 = [17]+12 = 29;1D6+10 = [6]+10 = 16;

crit threat on attacks 2&3
Crit conformation:
crit confim: 1D20+17 = [17]+17 = 34;1D6+10 = [3]+10 = 13;1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28;1D6+10 = [6]+10 = 16

total non crit damage: 45 + crit damage: 29 = total: 74 hitpoints to the ghoul #1
map unchanged

*Haste attack against Nabasu
Attack/Damage: 1D20+22 = [15]+22 = 37;1D6+10 = [1]+10 = 11;
if crit is confirmed, then bleed damage
Crit Confirm: 1D20+22 = [6]+22 = 28;1D6+10 = [1]+10 = 11

11 damage + 7 bleeding
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bleeding-critical-combat-critical
Bleeding crit damage: 2D6 = [6, 1] = 7

[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:

Perception +13 Stealth +6 Bluff +17

AC: 27 (21 flat-footed, 21 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 30 (24 flat-footed, 21 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise [+2/+3]
AC: 32, 23 FF,25 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

*_Ac: haste and Lunge:
26/FF: 19/Touch: 20_*

HP: 132/132

+4 to confirm crit

rapier attack: +22/+17/+12 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed [stacks with self]
dam: 1d6+10
Not updated yet:
CMB: +14 CMD: 27
vs trip
CMB: +17 CMD: 29
vs disarm
CMB: +20 CMD: 32

Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +13 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: food skewer with a chunk of lamb and a chunk of potato

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock]
[/][/][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo replied, "No, they just reset themselves. I fear they are already dead and now trapped as part of the illusion."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow & Whip

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=ooc]I screwed up [again] and hit edit [again] and lost [all] of the previous post [again] I an going to re-post a [hopefully ]accurate replacement[/sblock]

Vincenzo makes a comment here about how the people might be real but just caught up in the illusion and respond in a limited fashion

[sblock=stat block]
Perception +11 Stealth +6

AC: 26 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 29 (23 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise
AC: 31, 23 FF,27 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Stealth +6

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
[/sblock]
[/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui sat, scowling. Taniwha sat beside him and began to lick the sticky resin that Maui's fur had left on his paws. Maui's tail twitched from side to side as the battle turned into a moment of strained civility.

Aura

Explorer
[section]
Listening to Barlo's quiet commentary on the dead with interest, the priest sighed deeply. "It's hard to imagine what the full extent of the losses might be. If we knew where this place was, maybe we'd be closer to solid conclusion on that. However, your idea may, in fact, be true. It's a chilling proposition." Turning his eyes upward, Ethane tried to locate the invisible floating giant.
[/section]
There is a guarded nature as the invisible oni begins to speak again. The source continues to move about, to the point where it would be out of character for it not to. "Hmph. We had moved at night in hopes of not being spotted. It is what it is, I suppose. Got sloppy--this entire affair has had a bad vibe to it."

A moment passes, then the words begin to flow again. "Anyway, story time. Short. I'm here because of a job. Seemed lucrative, good pay, simple work... if you were willing to drop what you were doing and head to this human town right away. Kill a few people, go home, live good for a while. Here's the rub, we get hired by a 10 year old human girl. Originally human. I'm no gods man, but I say she wasn't alive. Every word she said was written with hate. She was Mindy. Don't forget that name, I... never will." For the first time in the dialogue, the giants oddly spoken words are laced with fear, having fallen off in volume to the bare minimum necessary to carry it to your ears. Neither speaking in his own tongue during the battle, nor speaking with you about the loss of his comrade, did this type of fear factor in... until now.

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo glances over to Barlo with a "Is this for real?" look at the sound of fear in the Voice of the oni.
ooc: Crap, I did it again. I edited a previous post rather then quoting. How do you do an un-edit?

[sblock=stat block]
Perception +11 Stealth +6

AC: 26 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 29 (23 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise
AC: 31, 23 FF,27 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Stealth +6

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
[/sblock]
[/][/][/][/][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=SdW]Just go back to the post you edited by mistake and give it the best estimation of what it was supposed to be. I know of no function that perfectly reverts it.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Aura] I checked in the Meta threads and I have no other recourse then to do exactly what you said to do[/sblock]

Remove ads