Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo glanced at Vincenzo after Torelli’s answer, “It doesn’t sound like you have a whole lot of time there, mate.”

Turning back to the church man, “Well, until we know about the mount situation, I really don’t have any preparations to make. I am most curious about this magical transport though. Sounds like a flying ship… no, that would be like sailing to Tritower…”

“May I help in resolving this transportation issue? I can be useful.”
He grinned incorrigibly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[section]

Ethane's curiosity about the new way to travel caused him to lose focus on the matter at hand. Shaking his head he says " Most of what I need is already at hand. If anything, I think a weapon that can crush skeletons should we need to, but I am not as proficient is using such weaponry." He looks at his spear for a second before turning back to the table "But, I can use it if I need to."
[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Held Items:
Letter of Introduction for Priestess Anna and Acoylte Cadalis

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor(+3), Divine Favor(+3), Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin(+4)*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment(+2), Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon(+2), Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor(+3)
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui opens his hands as if to either say 'I have all I need' or 'I have no more money ... this is all I have' ... it's not exactly clear, but either way, he seems ready. "Taniwha! Kia tu! Haere mai!" The cheetah opens a lazy eye and gets to its feet with a open jawed tongue curling stretch before padding over to his master. The feline sits down and begins grooming himself. "Ready" states Maui, in case it was not clear.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Barlo glanced at Vincenzo after Torelli’s answer, “It doesn’t sound like you have a whole lot of time there, mate.”

"Yes, well, one does not wake the king with impunity or without regard for one's well being." Then Maui calls for Taniwah, and Vincenzo is heard to give a sigh of relief. He stands, wiggles his toes and bows.

"Then by your leave, I will attend to my equipment needs." Then he stops with a thought on his mind, Ethane, What kind of weapon do you think you might want? I can pick it up as a loner to you, if you like. I think equipping warriors with what they need is imperative. Take Maui for example, He is completely ready right now. I on the other had am going now to get what I need."

Vincenzo takes his leave after hearing Ethane's weapon needs and returns as soon as he can.

mystic pearl post is here

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 21 (17 flat-footed, 15 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 24 (17 flat-footed, 18 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +9 Reflex: +6 Will: +4

Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +3
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier, +2 Keen

Temporary items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/]

Aura

Explorer
Anton Torelli
"Well," Torelli begins, addressing Barlo specifically and speaking a bit slower and more deliberately than before, "I think I want to complete the deal for transport myself, if you all don't mind. Should things fall through, I might be in need of assistance, but since it has a lot to do with calling in a favor, it's something I should do on my own."

Changing back to his more colloquial tone, the head guard for Cortesia continues, "Tell you all what, I'll finish up while you take care of the shopping. We'll meet outside this establishment in two hours time and, if all goes well, we'll get you on your way to Tritower. If you have any last questions, that will be the time to get them asked. See you all soon."

With that, Torelli leaves the meeting room and heads straight for the door, giving the group time for whatever preparations it sees fit. Some dash off to the Pearl, others stick around and simply wait. The Pearl, for what it's worth, is as warm and inviting as it ever was, and the strange antics of the painted man in the main room provides a way of passing the time until it is appropriate to step outside and assemble the group once again.

Outside the Dunn Wright Inn, it is Barlo and Ethane that see a rather strange sight coming their way. Walking at a notably slow pace is Anton Torelli. Next to him there is a small, humanoid figure, perhaps some four feet in height, features lost under the heavy cloak it wears. However, as it gets closer, which takes some time as it walks with a cane and ambles at a rather slow speed, the fact that it has a large, animal-like nose slightly protruding from under the cloak becomes apparent. A raspy voice, punctuated by periods of heavy breathing, chatters about the weather as Torelli nods and agrees.

About the time Vincenzo and Maui arrive on the scene (at a much higher rate of speed compared to the apparently lame cloaked figure), Torelli and his guest turn into the alleyway closest to the Dunn Wright Inn, the guard waving the group over. They have stopped a mere 10 or 15 feet into the alleyway, and as the group approaches, the cloaked figure is speaking, "Went well. I don't travel like that in day. Dangerous to me. This is them, then?"

Hassbek

Hassbek.jpg

With that, the small figure pulls back his cloak. It's immediately obvious he is some sort of humanoid rat, which some may have heard of but are certainly not common to Venza at all. This one is particularly old and grizzled, and he considers you carefully with beady black eyes. We wears baggy clothes with a large variety of pockets of varying sizes, many of them obviously stuffed full with various items. He has with him a dagger and a shoulder bag, and rests firmly on his cane as Torelli speaks. "Gentlemen," the guard begins, "this is Hassbek, and he is here to help."

Before anyone can respond, Hassbek clarifies in his raspy voice, "I work. Need the money."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had no special weapons to deal with the particulars of skeletons without flesh to cut and stab, or the rotting flesh of zombies that needed to be carved up to put down. His tactics were of a different sort anyway and those would work.

"I will have to stick with the weapons I have as well."

With the departure of the church man he hung around the tavern for a bit and then went to get the rest of his gear about an hour before the meeting time back at the Dunn Wright Inn. He was holding the reins of his horse.

In the alley and seeing the newcomer being foisted upon them, Barlo was rather skeptical about the situation. He looked over at Anton with narrowed eyes and asked, "Just what is going on? You had better explain, Torelli."

"We were expecting to be told about our cryptic mode of transportation and get ready to depart, yet you are accompanied by a rat-man that is walking quite slow after we last discussed being mounted for speed."

"I am not planning to hire him without good reason."

"No offense to you, Hassbek, but you are missing a horse and are speed challenged,"
Barlo added to the rat-man.

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo bows politely to the Man-rat, "My humble apologies, Master Hassbek. We had spoke of some equipment needs before I left the group for the Mystic pearl. I was only checking to see if my choice was acceptable. Please forgive me. Your place on this team is truly secure, and if I see enough potential, I may have to pass knowledge of your skills on some I know who might need as such in the future."

dang - pushed wrong button again

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 25 (21 flat-footed, 19 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 28 (23 flat-footed, 24 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +3 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier, +3 Keen

Temporary items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo did not reach for the silver mace. “Is it an enchanted weapon of holy might that will disintegrate any undead at the merest touch? Otherwise, I will have to pass. I have no intention of getting close enough to melee with the creatures.”

“Thank you, though. I appreciate that you wanted to help me.”

Scott DeWar

"I understand. I just don't want you to be in a fix that you could use one." He puts the mace in his haversack, just in case.

Aura

Explorer
Hassbek
Hassbek.jpg

The smallish rat-man virtually shrinks as the proceedings about weaponry continue. He tugs on Anton Torelli's sleeve and whines, "Noooo... they not like me, kicking me from team. Talk of weapons more important. I spill medicine this morning, don't have more. Sad. What to do, now?"

Torelli attempts to interrupt the rat's tirade, but his speaking the creature's name in an effort to get his attention merely serves as background noise to the continuing monologue. "I once was proud wizard. Mighty. Made mistake, got sick. Now live in man city, sell near all I own and work for fraction price. Scared to move in day, lay in hole, aching. Now lose job...."

Anton Torelli
"Hassbek!" Torelli finally exclaims, definitively cutting off further complaints. Softening his voice, the guard kneels, holds his finger up to capture attention and explains, "Nobody is kicking you off the team. Mr Hawkins here is merely asking what the situation is. Well, insisting on knowing, but still. And Vincenzo was excited about his weapons. Us warrior types do that sort of thing. Settle down, breathe. You can do this, we're going to treat you right, pay you, and I'm going to recommend you for the magical treatments you need at a discounted rate based on your poor level of income. Alright?"

Breathing heavily, Hassbek shrugs,"Alright."

Rising back to his full height, Torelli continues, "Alright. I'll explain the situation to these fine people, you just relax, your time will come." Turning to the group, the head guard shifts to his familiar voice, speaking again with the firm authority you previously encountered. "Let me clarify. When I hired you all, I wasn't sure what my associate was going to line up for me to get you all to Tritower as quickly as possible. This is all very eleventh hour and all that, so there is a fast-and-loose feel to it, and I apologize for that. However, we now have Hassbek, and I am to understand he is a fine wizard, and will be teleporting you to a site within a couple miles of Tritower, and in sight of the refugee camp. To be clear, he is on the team, per se, but he will not be going into the camp nor the city itself. If I understand his description of the magic properly, he will be unable to take any horses, and has already forgone his own pack animal to slim down for this mission. You people represent the limit of his ability. If any of you need a horse cared for, just point the animal out to me and I will take it back to the Glass Cathedral. We have a modest stable and I'll make sure care is rendered at no charge to yourselves. Does that cover everything?"

Last edited:

Remove ads