• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Precious Cargo

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]If I'm reading right, it sounds like everyone can fit in the cart, between the front seat and the back, yes? If not, I may amend.[/sblock]

Eanos jumps lithely into the back of the wagon. He moves to a position just behind their employer, his bow at the ready.

"Issolatha steal the shadows from my enemies," he whispers, turning his practiced gaze to his surroundings.

[sblock=ooc]Casting Guidance.

Perception w/ Guidance (1d20+10=18)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: none

In Hand: Compound Longbow.

Arrows: 20/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As the group settles into their positions on the wagon, their employer seats himself behind the pony. Taking the reins, Phedilo sighs, and allows himself a small smile. "Who knows - maybe this is all for naught, and we won't see any sign of the Whisperers. In any case, I'm looking forward to having this stone out of my hands -"

*FLASH*

Phedilo's words are cut off in mid-sentence. There is a flash, and the group is suddenly beset by a wrenching sensation, as if they're being pulled in many directions at once. For a moment, there is nothing else, then colors and forms appear, at first seemingly at random, then with the more usual flow. The group comes to on a small, gravelly platform. Peering beyond, they see...

...Chaos. A myriad of swirling colors and shapes, each colliding into another. Each member of the group's mind swims, trying to cope with the chaos...

From what they can see, their platform seems to be floating. From beyond where they sit, it extends outward fracturously, but seemingly more or less continuous. Their footing, when they get it, seems stable.

As they group gathers their wits, they inspect their surroundings. Two things are immediately clear: 1) Phedilo is absent, and 2) the stone sits at the center of the platform.

[sblock=Knowledge (Planes) DC 12]You can confirm you're in the Entropic Plane, or a recreation thereof.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Could I please get a Will save (DC 12 or you're shaken) and a Perception roll from you all. Remember to subtract the -2 penalty from the latter if you fail your Will save.

Sorry about the delay: I was waiting for jbear to check in; hadn't realized he'd edited his previous post.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"He aha?" Maui staggers. Taniwha drops to the ground. Shaken, Maui stares about with wide eyes full of disbelief. Taniwha growls and crouches down low alert to any signs of agression.

[sblock=ooc] I forgot to apply -2 to Maui being shaken so total perception is 24; Also Taniwha has scent. Not sure if that matters [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tark

First Post
Calmly Temarel takes in his surroundings.

Sauvressa seems unmoved by the sudden shift in terrain. More, her keen eyes pierce through the chaos and she remains vigilant for enemies.

"Such trickery will not dissuade me, beloved."

"Good to know." Temarel says as he gains his footing. "So this is what the entropic plane is like. You know I think this is what my father's head must be like inside. All swirling colors and change at an instants notice. Probably the only reason I'm remotely comfortable here." Turning to the other's he shrugs. "Well, we had to expect this might happen. None of us here have the magic to get back easily."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Eanos, no stranger to having his world turned upside down (though usually more metaphorically), quickly gets his bearings in the new setting.

"Plane? I don't know much about otherworld lore. Sounds like you do. And like this place doesn't just have an easy to find door."

After surveying their surroundings, Eanos considers the stone.

"Capricious," he mutters. Then his eyes seem to spark and he whispers to his goddess again.

"Maybe that also means, stone or no, that you're a bit ... thin-skinned? Phedilo hurt your feelings saying he was ready to be rid of you? But what if we told you we were taking you someplace even nicer, but we can only do that if you take us back?" Eanos says. He glances to the others, and the look he gives them suggests he would agree with any who think his tactics a bit questionable.

[sblock=ooc]What the heck. Probably completely useless, but might as well try it: Eanos is going to buff his Diplomacy with Silver Tongued Haggler and Guidance, then try to play nice with the stone to get us back home. :)

Will Save DC 12 (1d20+7=13)
Perception (1d20+9=22)
Silver-tongued, Guided Diplomacy (1d20+9=17)[/sblock]

AC: 17

Conditions: none

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
For a moment, Eanos' attempts to communicate with the stone are greeted only with silence. But then, the stone glows briefly for a second...

[sblock=Eanos]Eanos hears the sound of many voices laughing, mostly those of children. The sense they give is best described by the word he used earlier - capricious, with perhaps an antagonistic bent.

For a few moments this is all he hears, then the laughter fades abruptly, leaving behind an abstract sense which could perhaps best be verbalized by two words: "earn it."[/sblock]
...and then returns to normal. The others look at Eanos questioningly.

It's just then that the group notices that they are not alone: about a hundred feet away, a few figures stand on the floating platforms. Most can see two short, thin creatures, but Sauvressa swears that she can see a tiny, floating, serpentine creature accompanying them. They seem to have noticed the group's appearance, but at present, the group can only guess at their intentions.

[sblock=Tamarel]It would be possible to inspect the floating serpentine creature via Sauvressa using your bond senses ability. If so, and if you make the check...
[sblock=Know. (Planes) DC 11]You recognize the creature as a voidworm, although this one seems to be an infant. You know voidworms are immune to acid damage, resistant to electricity and sonic damage, and spontaneously regenerate minor wounds.[sblock=Know. (Planes) DC 16]You know that voidworms have several SLAs, including blur, ghost sound, and obscuring mist.[sblock=Know. (Planes) DC 21]Voidworms have the ability to sense the world around them without sight, which would enable them to operate without impedance in conditions which impair vision. Also, their tail slap can cause confusion in the minds of its victim.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Know. (Planes) DC 10]The two bipedal creatures seem to be reminiscent of kobolds, although they're likely to have some qualities intrinsic to the Entropic Plane as well: namely, a resistance to acid and fire.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Thanks for all the rolls; makes my life a heck of a lot easier. ;)

If you approach them, move/act in terms of rounds, please. We're not in combat, but it would be helpful to act in those terms.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
entropic-plane2.png
[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
As Temarel borrows Sauvressa's eyes he gets a better look at the creatures ahead of them.

Shaking his head at the sudden unexpected change.

"They have a Voidworm with them. Mostly harmless. Mostly. It's dangerous in that it's quite magical and very much a denizen of this place as well as resistant to acid, electricity, still can be hacked to pieces if it doesn't simply regenerate. And this is most definitely the Entropic plane."

"I can hack them to pieces for you beloved."

"No, no need for that yet. They're pretty far away."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Eanos closes his eyes a moment and suppresses a sigh.

"Looks like I amused the rock," he says, his tone making it clear he's not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. "If I understand the jumble, it can get us home, but we have to ... impress it. Issolatha knows what impresses a sentient chaos-rock."

As he catches sight of the other creatures, he raises an eyebrow. "Guessing it has something to do with them," he adds, pulling a small parchment from the pouch at his belt.

"Lady, guard my body as I do your secrets," he whispers. As he speaks, the parchment crumbles into a glittering dust in his hand. The inquisitor blows gently, and the dust swirls about him, creating a faintly shimmering field.

"Never hurts to be careful," he says by way of explanation, then addresses Temarel. "Do we know if those critters speak Common?" he asks their resident planar expert.

[sblock=ooc]Standard: Cast Shield of Faith. +2 deflection to AC for 3 minutes.[/sblock]

AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)

Conditions: Shield of Faith, AC now 19 (30/30 rounds)

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
1st (3/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads