Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Roughy River Run

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Re: armored coat

Well, you learn something new every day! (Still takes a move action to retrieve it, then one to don it, so no sword out just yet.

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Blessed Penitent

Caius glances quickly at his scythe where he tied it to the horse's saddle beside him, knowing he would need it soon. But, with Amenthia's blessing, perhaps he could strike down one of the bloodsuckers before they got close. He unshoulders his bow and pulls an arrow from the quiver hanging loosely at his hip. Well, well. Turns out to be worth the damned thing banging against my leg all day.

With practiced ease, the paladin nocks, draws, aims, and fires. The movement is mechanical, committed to muscle memory in his youth. Light from the hated sun glints off the arrowhead for an instant suspended in time. Then, in a shower of congealed gore from the creature's last meal, the arrow passes directly through its engorged abdomen and sails into the swamp beyond.

[sblock=OOC]Shortbow vs s2: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5

FJ, Caius has no Kn: Arcana, and knowledge skills are trained only, but these creatures seem common enough that he might have had to deal with them while stationed at Tritower. What, if anything, would you rule he knows? Can he label them at least?

EDIT:
Move: Draw bow
Standard: Fire at s2
I forgot to mention that I figured Caius would have his scythe nearby but would not want the weight of all his possessions on his back on a day like this. I imagined it taking a move action to untie the scythe if he wants it, and he would have to be adjacent to the horse. If you have a problem with this introduction of details, I'll edit my post. I would understand if you felt I needed to have explicitly said something beforehand.[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 20/20
AC: 16 (11) FF: 15 (10) T: 11 (11)
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +8 S. Motive: +5 Diplomacy: +10
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: +1 damage to next strike (whetstone: scythe), unarmored
Weapon in Hand: MWK darkwood composite shortbow
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Lay on Hands: 4/4 remaining
Consumables: 1 arrow
Notes: Bought tent for 10gp, 20lbs; heavy flail for 15gp, 10lbs; trail rations x2 for 1gp, 2lbs; and MWK DW composite shortbow (+3) for 620gp, 1lb. Sold shortbow for 30gp, 2lbs.

New shortbow combat stats are as follows:
+4 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing dmg, x3 multiplier, 70ft range[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 6/Afternoon
Round 1

[sblock=OOC]Um, Fhanna never took her armor off. She dressed like normal in the morning.[/sblock]

“Oh, bother,” Fhanna grumbled as the strange creatures rose from the swamp around them. She pulled the horses to a stop and grabbed up her longspear beside her. Jumping out of the wagon, she moved up to support Sylvain, thrusting her spear at the creature.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action: Longspear attack with reach: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6

Move: To M24
Free: Grab longspear
Knowledge Nature, Planes, and Religion: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21

Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)

Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]

Deepthought

First Post

This was just right. Oppressive mood, and now what, everyone was moving. Nothing in sight. How can a proficient jack-of-all-trades see so little. Ah not little. Big. giant stingers at 9 o'clock. Blast them. Seeing his comrades move into action, all of a sudden Sylvain jolts himself forward onto the nearest one. "Stir, ge ntle men and ladies. We shall prevail!" Drawing his Masterwork Sword as he goes he slashes visciously at the ugly thing. This will not make a fair song, he thinks to himself as the sword does its very best to do nothing. Masterwork....master what to make it work is the question.

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

Drawing Sword while moving as a free action. Move to L25 and attack s5 with the Sword.

Attack on S5, possible Damage Roll: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
1D8 = [1] = 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 3/3
Current Weapon in Hand:
None
Current Conditions in Effect:

Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]KN: I can happily give Fhanna the armor.... I just saw the without armor numbers in the mini stats and assumed. Sorry, my mistake. But, retrieving a stored item or picking up an item is a move action, not a free action.

So, we can have her grab the item and move but not attack, or we can have her grab the item and ready her standard action for an attack if a creature comes into range. No matter what, I'll save those rolls for when you do get to attack, either on an AoO or f

Don't forget about Archimedes and the creature that's close!

I'll message the knowledge results right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

MM: You can make a Nature DC 5 to identify at least the name of what it is.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grabbing a spear that's leaning up against the bench right next to you is a move action? It's not like I'm pulling a sword from a sheath. I have a +1 BAB. I can draw a weapon as I move.

Archimedes is on her shoulder safely.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]The party quickly snaps into action! Seros takes his due diligence to quickly throw on his armored coat and shout his warning cry. Drayvin rides forth drawing his studded club as he does so. He takes a large swing at the giant bat-bug, but merely slaps it in the wing, failing to fell his foe. Caius has significant more luck, however, as he quickly grabs his bow, draws an arrow, and let's it fly straight threw the flying monstrosity. It falls into the bog from whence it was born.

As for Sylvain, he furrows his brow in disappoint as the failure of his masterwork blade misses the nimble swamp creature. Fhanna is able to grab her spear and hop off the wagon towards the offending beast that Sylvain missed so spectacularly. Archimedes darts in ahead from ahead the trail and comes to rest on her master's shoulder.

The remaining beasts begin to close in further. The one nearest Sylvain and Fhanna tries to escape, but Fhanna's quick reactions leave a giant hole in it's 'sternum' and it falls to the ground dead.

The insect from the rear circles about to a more forward position. The bug to the west makes it's way towards the Giselda, the horse! It lands on it's flank and driving it's leg into it's sides, than viciously shoves it's stinger deep into the skin. The horse cries out in pain, and begins to buck into the air. It won't be long until she decides to get up and go herself!

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
s1: Tries to move, dies from Fhanna's AoO
s2: Dead
s3: Double move north
s4: Move to horse, touch attack horse 1 (Success!) -1 CON damage to horse
s5: alive and kicking
s6: Move towards horse

h1: starts bucking, about to take off
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]All: Handle Animal DC10 to prevent h1 from trying to run. Handling an animal takes a standard action. Anyone can attempt this check, even if untrained.

Deepthought: Drayvin killed the one you went to, so I had him go to the nearest one.

Kahless: You still got one! :) For Archimedes, I took the starting location from the traveling formation map. Plus handling the wagon to stop could have been an action too, but I gave you guys that one.

Sylvain: Thanks for the horse idea (makes more sense anyway, unarmored animals)
[/sblock][sblock=Combat]
Archimedes: 10/10 hp
Caius: 20/20 hp, bow, unarmored
Drayvin: 14/14 hp, terbutje
Fhanna: 21/21 hp, spear
Seros: 10/10 hp, unarmed
Sylvain: 15/15 hp, longsword

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

s1: 6 damage taken
s2: 5 damage taken
s3: 0 damage taken
s4: 0 damage taken
s5: 3 damage taken
s6: 0 damage taken

h1: 0 damage taken, 1 CON damage
h2: 0 damage taken
h3: 0 damage taken
[/sblock]
Map
Soundtrack
Entire Party is up for Round Two!

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ With the Horses in trouble, Seros cursed his slowness: all day trudging in these conditions and here he was without even a blade in his hand, yet.

That was quick to change, the Inquisitor of The Firecast stepping towards the flying monster, drawing the Longsword at his side and brandishing it furiously to draw and keep the horses safe.

" It's me you want!" he yelled at the massive mutant, the steel shining as Seros flipped his sword up into the vom Tag, the High Guard. He looked for a clean cut, the perfect hewer, to sever the creature from their poor horse without hurting Giselda. ~[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Move: To Q22 to threaten S4
Action: Double Move - Draw Longsword[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]For the record, not having a +1 BAB sucks. That is all.[/sblock]

[sblock=Seros's Stats]Character Sheet

HP: 10/10
Condition: Ready, Willing, Prepared To Fight
Initiative: +2
Perception: +9

AC: 17 Flat: 14 Touch: 13
Fort: 3 Reflex: 2 Will: 5

In Hand: Longsword

Longsword (Two-Hands): +3, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2
Sling: +2 1d4+3, 20/x2, 50. ft.
Bullets: 20/20

Orisons: Unlimited
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Level 1: 1/Day
Bless
Divine Favor

Other daily abilities:
Judgment: 1/1 Remaining
Daylight: 1/1 Remaining

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Total Coin: 20.51 GP

Game Info:[/sblock][/sblock]

Deepthought

First Post

Very well. If this was how it was all going again....why can there never be an orderly fight. Time to set up an encouraging tune, summon some helping dog and stay nicely on the wagon. But nooooo flailing with a sword, wrong weapon to do that with, clearly. "Stop! Longnosed horror of the swamp. Stay so I can teach you some s-word, right into your head." With this Sylvain packs all his frustration into the next swing at the lousy Insect on the loose. With a severely hampered aim (swamp, foliage, a tree clearly obscured by the beast) anything could happen.

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

Attacking s1 from where Sylvain stands.

Attack on S1, Possible Damage: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
1D8 = [2] = 2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1