[LPF] Silent Tide

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

A short while later she reappears, bidding farewell to whomever is inside. A baby cries. Armored in an obviously new breastplate, Charity totes a glaive with practiced ease, easily maneuvering the long weapon out the door before closing it. Turning to her companions, "There we go, a little better for the task at hand, no? Let's go talk to Yargos."
Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
"Tis a mighty weapon, lass. I am certain it will serve us well," Corbin remarks. "Off to Yargos, then!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Soggy Piper

The wooden walkways of the Planks district creak and groan under your weight, and the rank smell of swamp mud and rotting vegetation mixed with human effluvia assault your senses as you cross the district. The Soggy Piper proves to be a run down hole in the wall, putting it head and shoulders above most such establishments here.

The bright light of the early afternoon fades to a memory as you cross the threshold; after your eyes adjust you note that there are but two patrons here, both leaning back in their rickety chairs and nursing drinks in grimy tankards as they eye you with minimal interest. The sole tavern wench looks up from her task - moving the dirt around on one of the tables with a greasy rag - gives the table one last swipe and makes her way over to you. "Help ya, sars, missus?"

Lindeloef

First Post
"Well hello there, good Miss or Misses. We are looking for a Man called Yorgen, no wait his name is Yargos. We were told, that we might find him here, have you seen him recently or is he, by chance, here?" Robert asks the tavern wench, trying to be as polite as possible.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Soggy Piper

The wench gives a desultory nod at Robert's question. "Oh, aye, y' jest missed 'im. He and a few o' 'is friends left wit' a gang o' toughs m'be 10 minutes ago. Yargos din' look nun too happy, neither, and dey hussel'd outta here quick like.

"I tink mebbe I 'erd one of d' toughs say sump'n 'bout d' Watchcliff."

Lindeloef

First Post
"Ah, okay, thanks. Watchcliff you say? Thank you very much for that information. Here have 3 silver as a tip." Robert turns to his two compagnions "So I would suggest we hurry to catch up on them"

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Absolutely, Robert. We'd better hurry if we are to catch up. I don't much like the sound of this," Charity responds, already headed for the door.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
"I agree we should attempt to catch them post-haste," Corbin says quietly to his fellow adventurers. "No time to waste on words. After them on the double!"

Corbin already begins making his way out the door, readying his shield and morningstar as he goes.
OOC: Corbin is not skill in Knowledge (local), but assuming the DC is 10 or lower, he will try to recall if he knows in which direction to go for Watchcliff. Knowledge (local) untrained: 16.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Corbin easily recalls that the Watchcliff is a bluff just outside the district (and the city), one of the few places along the coast where the earth rises high enough to form such a place.

OOC: Update coming this evening, assuming I have time after my daughter's basketball practice and the nightly rituals of dinner, homework, and getting ready for bed.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your small party hustles across the Planks and out of town; the watchcliff is easy enough to find. The path up to the top wends around from behind, only wrapping its way to the ocean side as it reaches the apex.

As you close in on the final curve you hear frantic, pleading voices from just out of sight . . .

[sblock=Combat Block]
Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Charity               17/11/15      --/14      
Corbin                15/ 8/15      --/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      --/22
[/sblock]

Remove ads