[LPF] Silent Tide

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

A look of shock cross the young guard's face. "They wouldn't..." she whispers, stepping up to a trot and rounding the corner, shifting her glaive from a one handed carry to a two handed ready position.

[sblock=ooc]
Move around the corner and find the source of the commotion. Greatest concern is someone getting thrown off the apex, so looking for the source(s) of the pleading voices is paramount.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
When Robert hears the pleading voices, he starts rushing towards the apex in hope to prevent what he assumes to be Yargos get thrown of the cliff.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: none

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Corbin hustles as quickly as he can behind Charity and Robert, burdened by his armor and heavy load of adventuring supplies. "We need to save Yargos at any cost!" he exclaims.
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You hustle around a sharp bend in the path and find yourself suddenly on a narrow path about halfway up the face of the Watchcliff, which looms over the crashing surf below. You're eyes are greeted by the sight of six heavily tattooed young thugs prodding four terrified older folk off the edge of a cliff into the sea. The prisoners are shackled together in a line with heavy chains, which shall surely drag them to the sea floor in short order should they tumble from the cliff’s edge into the churning waters some thirty-five feet below. All six of the toughs brandish light crossbows. Five of them turn to face you, the sixth continues his efforts to push the old man in front of him over the cliff.

The Drowning Depths (Combat Map)

[sblock=A Few Quick Notes]First, apologies about the grid - I was trying to make it visible but unobtrusive on the map, and it didn't translate well from my map program into picture form so you can barely see it over the stone of the path. Hopefully I'll remember to fix that in future maps.

Maps are in Ditzie, and PCs are in charge of moving your own characters around. If you hover over a token a tool tip will give you the name of whatever it represents - foe's name, specific spell effect, etc. - so you can refer to your targets by that.

Click and drag your character to his/her destination, PRESS ENTER, and copy/past the new URL back into your post for the next poster to use.

If you need to add something that's not on the map already (a condition, spell effect, etc), here's the process (it seems like a lot, but it's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it):

• Grab the token for the folder that holds what you need from the bar at the top and drag it into position.
  • Shift+Click & Drag to resize.
  • Double-Click on the token to bring up a drop-box with options to modify.
  • Single-Click on the icon in that box that represents the effect/condition/etc. you're placing.
  • If you need to change the title (tool-tip) for your new token, type it into the line and click the blue speech bubble.
  • You can adjust the transparency of your new token with the slider bar just under the title change.
  • Click anywhere on the map to hide the drop-box.

Feel free to play around - as long as you don't press enter nothing is permanent, and even if you do you can always go back to the link the last person posted as a "reset."

When you've got the map the way you want it, PRESS ENTER to generate the new URL for your map, and copy/paste the link back to your post for the next person.[/sblock]

GM: Party is up!

[sblock=Combat!]
It's WarHounder 03, pushing on Yargos, who's trying to prod the old-folk over the cliff edge.
Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Charity               17/11/15      --/14      
Corbin                15/ 8/15      --/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      --/22

Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
WarHounder 01         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 02         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 03         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 04         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 05         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 06         12/10/12      --/--
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Seeing that one Thug tries to throw off a person, Robert rushes forward to stop him. Preferably with his new Greatsword.
"Stop that!" he yells.

[sblock=actions]
-draw Greatsword(mwk) as a free action (quick draw)
-charge Warhounder 3

Charge Warhounder 3: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
2D6+6 = [3, 2]+6 = 11

[/sblock]

New Link of Map

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch) (-2 from charge until start of my next turn)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The two nearest WarHounders curse roundly as the scarred warrior charges toward them. Both lash out with spiked gauntlets as he flashes past, but he's moving too fast and neither manages to land a blow. Robert's attack carves a great hunk of flesh from the man's chest and shoulder, but he doesn't drop.

[sblock=OOC]WarHounders 01 & 02 make attacks of opportunity, but neither manages to hit.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity's eyes grow wide at the scene before her. Taking a deep breath, her clear alto voice rings out, "Get down, don't let them push you easy!" Stepping to within striking distance of one thugs with a mohawk cut, she strikes the way she was taught: full extension and power. The swing goes wide.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions: Speak. Then move to E-4. Power Attack on Warhounder 02.

Round 1: Glaive Power Attack on Warhounder 02: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D10+6 = [1]+6 = 7

Updated map:
http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/52713e3cbe478

No chance to get in on the one Robert hit due to different starting position, so I couldn't charge. Is it was, a 2 isn't gonna do a thing.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Corbin moves forward next to Charity, holds out his morningstar straight in front of him, pointing to the thug trying to force the old man off the side, and calls out in a booming voice, "Approach!". The symbol of Issolatha around his neck flares with divine light as he utters the verbal command. He then adds, "and be judged," with a dour look upon his face. This sort of terrorism has brought forth a divinely-inspired frenzy in him.
[sblock=actions]Corbin moves to E3 and casts command (Will DC 16) on WarHounder03. If the saving throw is failed, "on its turn, the subject moves toward you as quickly and directly as possible for 1 round. The creature may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal."

Command has only verbal components so Corbin need not have a hand free to cast this spell.

My hope is that this will both remove the man from pushing people off the side and also provoke attacks of opportunity from both Robert and Charity, which will hopefully knock him out.

New Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/527145caa8c72[/sblock]
OOC: What type of action would it be to kick an unconscious foe who is already on the edge off the cliff? I can envisage this potentially coming up.

One other quick note, my posting might be a little slow over the next couple days. I was in an auto accident back in September and my symptoms are flaring up again. I am still doing physical therapy and working things out, but if I go a couple days without posting, it is probably because I am lying on my back all day with a hot pad. If I am slowing things down, assume Corbin has the following priorities:
1) attack thugs threatening to push the unarmed people off
2) heal anyone who has taken damage with channel energy
3) cast bless on the party

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail

Code:
0 Level (3)                Level 1 (3+1)
* Create Water             * Bless
* Light                    * Command (DC 16) +
* Stabilize                * Shield of Faith
                           D Longstrider
+used
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads