[LPF] The Devil We Know, Part 2

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem says, "I could use a blast from that wand... boy I've had better days for sure. Let's get out of here and grab some grub. I'm going to bake me a cake with all the fixings...."

jbear

First Post
Maui moves to the edge of the boat followed by Taniwha where the two felines raise themselves up onto their haunches to rest their front paws on the balustrade. The peer out towards the docks, alert for the tell tale signs of any other approaching slavers while the others search the boat.

[sblock=OOC] Not quite sure where the plank to board is on the top deck, but that is where Maui and Taniwha head, looking out towards the docks, searching for signs that more crew are returning.

Question: Are we wrapping up, or should we be acting as though the adventure is not yet at a close? [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Aboard the Prancing Prince: 20 Minutes after sunset ~

The two felines stand guard at the gangway, but do not see or smell anyone coming. The odor of undead rotting on the ship and harbor water is stench enough for their senses though.

In returning to the Captain's cabin and the chests, Galandra finds them unlocked and takes a look inside. Mostly they are clothes and such, but she does find the log book for the ship. Glancing through the pages, it details where the ship has been. A few of the ports of call are known to allow the owning of slaves. Perhaps Maylor Jacobson will find use for such information.

[sblock=Combat Information]Map Notes:
W33 & X33 also contain stairs going up to the poop deck and the helm.

Code:
Galandra:  22/42 HP remaining; 
Mika:      11/16 HP remaining; 
Lem:       04/26 HP remaining; 
Menik:     14/26 HP remaining; Mirrored(2); 
Amien:     19/54 HP remaining; 
Vincenzo:  34/68 HP remaining;
Maui:      23/56 HP remaining; 
Taniwha:   35/50 HP remaining;  

Spells  Cast: Mage Armor (Menik), Greater Magic Fang, Bull's Strength, &  Barkskin (Taniwha), Mirror Image(2) (Menik), Ear-splitting Scream & Blindness  (Menik), Bull's Strength (Maui), Magic Missile (Menik)
Abilities Used: Wildshape II (Maui)
Conditions in effect: Darkness/Sunrod (Minek), Mirror Image(2) (Menik)(12/40 Rounds remain)
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: Technically you should properly wrap up the aftermath. When we change the scene, I will fast forward to summarize the end. I don't plan to continue the series and will work on something more homebrew for the characters continuing with me as GM.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra moves below deck to check on the others. "I believe we just dispatched her for good. Let us just look around this part of the ship and I guess we will be on our way after that"

[sblock] Galandra would like to check the below deck. We found other chests around AQ36, there didn't we? Uhm... I might be mistaken. Anyway... if no one else finds anything then I guess it's time to move on. *shrug*

Galandra Perception Checks (1d20+9=25, 1d20+9=12)

Mika Perception Checks (1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=23)

[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, I suppose a look around wouldn't hurt, though I'm ready to get out of here. I need to get that fat one a meal. Men with his girth are a chef's dream," Lem says and jerks a thumb towards the heavy-set man he helped release earlier.

Action
[sblock]
Help with the search resulted in a low roll.
1d20+10=13
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui roars impatiently from the top deck. Even he was smart enough to work out that the rest of the crew were sure to arrive any time soon. They needed to get the prisoners off the boat and to somewhere safe. They were all badly wounded but the druid did not want to risk changing back to human form to dispense healing with his magic stick. They were all far safer with him in the shape of a dire tiger. Likely he could kill any further threat faster than they could finish him off. But there was no need to push their luck. He let out another roar for good measure in the hopes that it would send the others scuttling to hurry up.

[sblock=OOC]I am pretty sure we have searched the ship well enough. But someone should search Luscillia. She will be carrying treasure for sure. Then lets get the slaves off the ship and out of here ASAP before the rest of the crew shows up. [/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, Amien grabbed her weapon already..[/sblock]

Amien is not very happy when asked to search what used to be a body. "Okay, okay, but I'm washing my boots of any stains they get before we head back!" He carefully tilts over the remains with the tip of his boot to see if there are any pouches or things that he can grab or conveniently fall off her person.

Then comes the problem of her armor.. Is it even magical? He isn't sure. He thinks he would rather leave someone else to pry it off if they want it.

Remove ads