[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
The big lug of a paladin, in the small hallway of the armory, blocks most of the view what is going on. White and black energies, of a holy and unholy nature, sizzle and duel against each other, leaving flickering shadows upon the walls and ceiling of the room. While this island and its wonders seem quite old, this blade dedicated to Cortesia seems even older. Again, Relic spots the purple ting of necromantic energies that are unfamiliar to him, and seem to be fueling the magic that would have otherwise faded long ago.

Systole

First Post
"Gah, what is taking so longing, Sunchild? If it is the bad magics, just use your special good magic fart thing, to make the bad magics go aways."

jbear

First Post
Relic grumbles "I can't see a thing! Try not to get yourself killed will you, Iosef! And more importantly, try not to get US killed! Now, where was I?" ​He shuffles back to the desk, sits down and continues looking through the scrolls.

rb780nm

First Post
"Would everyone please step well back, I want to try something, but it may go very, explosively, badly..." Iosef calls over his shoulder. After waiting a minute to give everyone a chance to get clear, he raises his holy symbol and draws upon the holy energies of Cortesia." Lady, dispel this evil and free your holy blade from it's imprisonment!" he calls as he focuses the holy power upon the cage.

OOC: Mechanically, Iosef is channelling positive energy in the "damage undead" mode - hopefully that will do something with the necromantic energy associated with the cage in a useful way.

Satin Knights

First Post
The combined energies of the paladin's channel and the holy blade's enchantment are able to drive away the black, writhing evil that entraps the blade to reveal the cage is simple, greyish wood and rather delicate. But, the paladin's surge is only temporary. A moment later, the darkness slowly creeps in from the ends, back in to this reality and starts to cover the cage again. Before the evil has a chance to grow in strength, Iosef slams both fists upon the weakened structure, shattering the center and allowing the blade to fall out upon the ground. As the two ends of the now broken cage dangle, swinging back and forth, the evil manages to brush up against the paladin to deliver one last spiteful, shocking bite.

An ancient holy longsword of Cortesia lies upon the floor, softly glowing with the radiance of the heavens.
[sblock=cage]Something like this, suspended with ropes on each end, and the blade was floating inside in the middle.
cage2.png
[/sblock]
[sblock=Iosef levels]Last spiteful shock did one more point of unholy damage.
Now that Relic can identify magic items rather easily, you have a +1 holy longsword.

Between TXP, Relic's door puzzle and this caged weapon trap, Iosef also levels to 8th. The spirit of your bonded weapon can shift to this weapon, as that can only be done after 30 days or when you level, which ever comes first. a.k.a. Perfect Timing on the GM's part. This is a far more comfy home for the spirit anyways.[/sblock][sblock=Aradra levels]Between TXP, Relic's door puzzle and this caged weapon trap, Aradra levels to 9th. I will edit the first post to reflect the new numbers a little later today when the forum is not taking 45 seconds between refreshes.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"Please forgive the rough treatment you have received," Iosef whispers to the sword as he wipes his hands. Kneeling over it, he prays silently for a moment in order to dispel any residual energies that may linger upon his person. He then gently and reverentially picks up the blade, cleans it and places it in his scabbard - his regular sword is shifted to a spot under his bedroll.

Satin Knights

First Post
Frost pauses and seemingly becomes disinterested with the current activity going on around her.

{{Now that that is done, isn't there someone's wife your supposed to rescue?}}

jackslate45

First Post
With the paladin freshly equipped with a new sword, Aradra double checks all his equipment before saying "Back to the room we were at? Or should we investgate the building to the north."

[sblock]
rb780nm: what spells are you memorizing today? I am trying to determine the 3rd 1st level spell, and I wanted to know what they were.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily rolls his eyes. "So if this is okay for the Sunchild to breaking bad magics, maybe we can go break the magics of the wicked invisible thing ups the stair? I will not even helping, if you does not want, except for take a loincloth of the invisible thing after."

Remove ads