[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
"Won't be a moment, Daylilly. Almost finished with the paper chasing. I'm sure there must be something written here about that circle upstairs. Once we know what we might be dealing with we can decide whether it is worthwhile trying to make a loincloth from it or not. But remember, that is not a prison upstairs. It is a doorway. Whatever is on the other side is just waiting for someone to open the door. And there is no shiny sword on the other side of that door to make the risk worthwhile. Just an angry demon of some sort who wants to hurt us. If a loincloth you must have, perhaps we could wait to open that door until we have found a way to help the poor women who was brought here as a prisoner and may not have much time left to her..."
Relic delves into the mess of scrolls and papers once more, searching for any clue as to the nature of the creature upstairs.

Satin Knights

First Post
Relic searches through the papers and books, but finds very little information about the creature above. One says "summon" followed by several that are numbered, but otherwise blank. Then "commune" is scrawled on the next, followed by several more that are blank, except their numbers. Again, "commune" is the only word scrawled. Gathering up unused scrolls that haven't crumbled to dust, Relic starts to see a pattern. Esmarilla may have loved her husband, but it is likely others did not look upon him so kindly.
[sblock=Scrolls found]Dimensional Anchor, Fleshworm Infestation, Summon Monster IV, Malicious Spite, Howling Agony, Loathsome Veil, Seek Thoughts, Spontaneous Immolation.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The old man's words jolt Kalinn back to the present from wherever her thoughts had wandered. Gods above, this place is huge . . . how much ground do we have left to cover? Iosef's new sword catches her eye; she reflexively checks that Winterbite rests easy in his scabbard. "This place affects us more every minute we spend here; I hate to think what it's done to that poor woman. But we need to put things right here as well as rescuing her."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 119/119
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic, his face somewhat pale and a few beads of sweat lacing his forehead, tucks away the scrolls in silence and stands muttering, "What a charming fellow... probably would be good friends with the sewer witch.." He looks to Daylily who seems to await permission to go and harvest a loin cloth from the devil upstairs. "No, sorry friend. The paper is silent on the matter. The wizard whose room this was seems to have been a character of vile spirit. The beast that chewed him up did this world a favour. I can only guess, but it seems the ... doorway upstairs was used to call creatures from other worlds and converse with them. There is a spell amongst his scrolls that, given the necessary time to master it, I could use to hold it to this place once we called it so you could properly fight it with your hammer and it could not escape with its magics. Until then, I believe facing such a creature would be folly. And not on our 'To do list' quite yet. As always though, Daylilly, should you choose to make the warmth of your loins a priority, I will stand beside you. Well, behind you at a safe distance to be honest. I would beg of you patience however. Perhaps in the mean time you could take vengeance upon those spiders from yesterday to keep your hammer suitably amused. I will watch anxiously from outside, of course. And then I can take a proper look at the Orrey and see if I can make sense of what is going wrong with it, which will hopefully give us clues as to what is going wrong on this island, and why we are turning into fish."

Systole

First Post
Daylily shrugs. "If you say is more easy to kill the wicked invisibility thing when it is not invisibility, I am agree. This is the goods strategy. I cans waiting to tomorrow."

He listens to Relic. "The spider, they is come back?" He grins. "Yes, I am want eat the tasty spider. I will takes off the armor and walk around and look tasty. When they make come to bites me, then I am hitting them much heavy with the hammer."

Satin Knights

First Post
So, it seems that spider meat and looking at the great machine is the first business of the day. With Relic standing in the doorway and watching with twitchy cantrip fingers, he is able to spot and nullify any falling rock debris before it does harm. After trudging through some vines, you get upon the stone road again. Taking the fastest path to the far side of the island, you go a bit north before heading east.

After only a few steps, Shadow stops, bows down slightly and grows. Ahead, Daylily, Aradra and Iosef see two humans in the tall foliage on the north side of the road. They are ahead, just before road splits. Their clothes are minimal rags. While they are young looking, they are bedraggled and have the look of beggars. The woman seems to be nursing a wounded arm, while the man is trying to wave you forward.

[sblock=map]
island36.png
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily rolls his eyes. "This is more people you is wanting to help, I am sure," he says, his tone conveying his exact opinion of helping random strangers instead of letting nature take its proper course. Bored, he looks around for more streetlights to break.

jbear

First Post
Relic, having no idea what Daylily is talking about being as miopic as he is, and the comment being vague enough that it could be about anything at all, continues to shuffle on forward, intent on returning to the Orrey. "Come on. Keep up."

Remove ads