[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
With Aradra tending to Shadow, Daylily is the first to look out and really scan the horizon."We need trickster and a tower. Broken tower there. Trickster in a jar in front. Elder Storyteller follow Daylily. Darkchild follow Elder. We go talk to trickster."

Daylily leads the pack across the island. Along the way, once you get closer, the shimmering globe seems to be a cascade of dirty water flowing down over a glass dome or globe. With the water being dirty, it is hard to tell what is inside. It may have been pretty once, but unmaintained, it has lost its luster.

Daylily marches past without slowing down. Talking to tricksters is on his mind. Searching for smart words takes focus.

At the end of the road, the base of a broken tower lies. The doors smashed out, the top of the tower is missing as if snapped off by a titan's hand. Inside, you can see stairs that climb around the wall.

Daylily takes out his massive earthbreaker and swings it around in a sweeping arc, only to tap the glass with the pomel so that it shatters. Daylily looks at Elder Storyteller and lets him use first words.
[sblock=map]
island44.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic clears his throat to prepare for his smart words to be spoken out loud.

"Where is the Armillary Tower" he booms.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Brothers say you come. Brothers say I give you a true answer. Difficult it is. Ah, this will work. The answer is in two parts."
"Wait for it..."
"Wait for it..."

"Look up!"

While you have been focusing your attention on the will-o-wisp and her answer, a dark shadow falls upon you. The orbital currents that keep this island shrouded in a storm have carried a spire, some fifty feet wide and eighty feet in height floating above you in a lazy tumble. It seems to miss the crumbled foundation of its other half by about ten feet as it floats past.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra sighs at the realization that the thing they are looking for is floating around in the sky. However, always trained to have equipment for the job, Aradra starts rummaging through his back pack looking for something.

Pulling out his grappling hook, and his silk rope, Aradra starts to knot the rope up, hoping to make it easier on those who cannot climb as well. Once done with that, Aradra ties the grappling hook to the rope, ready to go.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
[sblock]Sorry if it seems like I've been absent. I have been paying attention to this thread, but since Daylily is not so good at the research-y bits, I've been letting things play out.

Also, SK ... I'm sure you're a really nice guy in many ways, and I have a great deal of respect for you as a GM, but you're Daylily-speak is terrible.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic also looks up. He frowns, his eyes too dim to see very far into the sky. "Now what on earth does that mean?" Relic mutters. "Look up??"

[sblock=ooc]How high up is it from the ground? I'm guessing that if we didn't notice it it is pretty high. Relic has a scroll of Flying, but Relic won't use it until he has been able to copy it into my spellbook. So ... useless until 'tomorrow'.

I could use Relic's ring to cast Gaseous Form again but in that form you are subject to the wind and the magical storm might make it impossible to achieve that way.

Is that something that Relic can calculate SK?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The upper half of the tower is floating in the orbital current, making its way around the island. It floated by while you were talking to the wisp. The bottom of the floating piece was probably 25' off the ground so Relic and Frost would have seen a big chunk of stone and wood go over with most of the object being too fuzzy to make out. As it goes around the island, sometimes it is over land, sometimes over water.

Gaseous Form would be suicidal to attempt to use if you get up into the reach of the magic that controls the storm. You would have no control as to where you went. When the spell ended, you may only drop 25' to the ground if you are over a corner of the island, or 200'+ if you are over the water/rocks below.

Now that Aradra knows which floating building is the one you are interested in, he figures it will make the circuit around the island and return in about 15 minutes. There are a few other buildings, including a lighthouse that have been broken off and making the orbit too. The original foundation, with its interior stairs, should get you about 15' above ground if use it.[/sblock][sblock=artwork]
inspiration.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn looks up at the wisp's instruction then to the top of the tower's base, judging the distance as best she can from down here."Looks like about a 10 foot jump at the closest point. Tricky, though . . . it'll need near perfect timing and I don't see any way we could all get there in one go-round so the party will be split for a while. Rope should help." She closes her eyes and grins, imagining for a moment the group all dangling from the tower by a rope as it swoops it's way through the storm.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 98/110
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily peers up at the floating tower. "I am think we shoulds throw the rope and make stop the flyings house. The house is only being push by the wind." He rolls his head around, cracking the vertebrae in his neck, as he limbers up for a feat of strength that he evidently considers to be no big deal. "If the rope is enough good, then I think I ams more stronger than the wind."

[sblock]I have no idea whether this is even remotely within the realm of possibility, but Daylily is utterly convinced that it is.[/sblock]

Remove ads