[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I trust your memory to be sound."

"As do I." Markas says looking up from inspecting a hoof. "I don't think wondering the woods for days at a time sounds like much fun."

[sblock]

A head's up as Markas well be Level 5 on MON 15th do to time XP. Here's a look at the upgrades. Not much but the HP and added attack/dmg might come in handy.

Code:
       Level 5: 
         Class: Fighter
           BAB: +4 to +5
          Fort: +4 to +4
           Ref: +1 to +1
          Will: +1 to +1
          Feat: Dodge
Class Features: weapon training 1 Group: blades, heavy
   (Max -2) HP: +12 = (1d10 - 2 = 8) + 2 [CON] + 1 [FC] +1 [feat] 
                + 48 (Old Total) = 60
     Skill Pts: +03 = +02 (Class) + 01 (Human) + 12 (Old Total) = 15
        Skills: +1 Know(religion), +1 Diplomacy, +1 Perception 
 Favored Class: +1 to HP
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After giving up on Anna, the four of you depart from your rendezvous location in Venza and head towards the portal that will take you near the mining town and the mountains. To heroes such as yourselves, there is little to fear in the way of monsters and bandits in the immediate lands around the City of Glass.

You pass though the portal and reach the frontier lands of the mountain foothills, staying in a village that night. The journey over the next three days brought more snippets of rumors about Dergeddin having vast stores of treasures and finely craft weapons. People have heard of The Stone Tooth and rumors claim the area is untamed, yet no one has revealed that Dergeddin's hidden vaults lie underneath the spire.

During the
late afternoon, you have arrived at Blasingdell, traveling north on the roads from the portal, to find a thriving mining town for the northern frontier. It is the last stop of decent civilization before you continue your trek north to reach the old dwarven stronghold about three days march further north. Dark, deeply forested hills rise beyond the town's outskirts.

You have heard the place to stay is The Griffon's Nest inn and tavern.

Blasingdell Area Map
Blasingdell Town Map

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus is fairly quiet during the early parts of the trip, the ranger keeping his eyes and ears peeled for any sign of trouble or anything else. His relief is very plain upon arriving at the first village. He seems a little more at ease, cracking a joke here or there as the group travels. Finally, Blasingdell stands before them.

"Dirty, dusty...just like I remember it. I was always so glad to get here, the journey finally over. Though I can't say I've ever stayed at the Griffon's Nest. At last not that I remember. I do remember the drunken babbler that I remembered last week was at the Miner's Pick, but that's on the north side of town, near the barracks for the militia. We mostly kept away from that area but that one trip. Spent the rest of the stay at the Warehouse."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"The Griffon's Nest it is, then," says Iago. "Come, we will toast our coming success. And perhaps we can make a few discreet inquiries. The locals may have seen this gate, or have some knowledge of it."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Since the idea is to celebrate their coming success, Fae'shiel sincerely hopes that this human bar has a stock of Elven Feywine, as that is the traditional elven drink for a celebration. Afterall, it has been quite a while since she has had the privilege to taste this Elven delicacy.

She nods at Iago's suggestion and says "Yes, that Inn does sound like the optimal location. Let us stay there. Hopefully they will have a drink that agree's with each of us."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas keeps silent as he sits and sips his beer. He thinks back to other companions whom he shared both the road and a table with years ago.

He stares of remembering each face and wondering if they are alright, and sharing ale and laughter amongst themselves right now.

Taking a sip he asks Marcus, "Who many days till we reach our destination?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The Griffin Nest inn and tavern is a pleasant enough place run by a plump female half-elf named Sarel Bankdown.

Katrina.jpg

She is a nice enough matronly woman, even if she is not the most attractive.

"Welcome, dearies. Come, come. Please take a seat and I will have some food and drink brought. Would you like rooms for the night as well?"

Tavern-Small.jpg

The taproom of the tavern isn't very crowded, but not empty either. Finding a table for the four of you is easily done. Barmaids bring the food and drink you order after a while.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago thanks the barmaid and gratefully partakes of both stew and ale. He enjoys the meal, making pleasant conversation with his comrades, but as they finish their repast his mind turns to business again.

"Perhaps we should ask Mistress Bankdown about the Stone Tooth," he offers. "Even if she does not know it herself, she could surely help us find someone who does. Do you think we should look for a guide for this leg of the trip?" He adds.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Do you think we should look for a guide for this leg of the trip?" He adds.

[sblock=off topic]And split our XP with another person, are you daft????[/sblock]

Fae'shiel grimaces at the suggestion of bringing along an innocent bystander on this journey. While it sounded sensible on the surface, she wasn't sure she wanted to risk the safety of someone who could have built a life and family here in this town on the hunch that there is something valuable in this fortress. Especially since it is an abandoned fortress. For all they know they could discover a dragon, or worse sleeping at the center of the fortress. She looks to Marcus for support in what she is about to say, hoping he won't object to her sensible counter-argument to Iago's request to seek assistance in the town. "I don't know if it would be a good idea to bring a local along with us. We don't know for certain what dangers lay in the Stronghold, it would be foolish for us, who aren't natives here to involve the locals of this town in an affair that doesn't necessarily involve them."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Off topic]Funny comic link, thanks.
But, seriously, any local woodsman hireling (level 1-2 NPC-classed guide) is considered a prop and takes no share of XP or treasure. You would just have to pay them. And, potentially give them hazardous duty pay if they get caught in a battle. Pay death benefits to their family if you let them get killed (sullying your reputation in the process :angel: ).[/sblock]

Remove ads