[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

"Ugh, that spear hurt me bad. At least I have this potion." Leira watches Francis with a questioning look, then a disgusted look as he works over Falcon. "Francis, that's enough. Torture is never the answer." Drinking the potion, she turns to Brandon. "I'm all for heading back, but turning Falcon over to the authorities in Tritower is probably the best idea."

She stows her whipblade back across her waist, and dusts herself off before waiting to see what happens.

[sblock=ooc]
Healing Potion: 1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6

That'll put me at 8 hp. And I hope I don't run into anyone else!
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... Francis, you remember that Anna is blind, so showing Falcon to her is kinda impossible." Karra says with a big grin on her face.

Aura

Explorer
Endgame

With Falcon in tow, the group heads back to Tritower to finish their task. Several travelers on the road give you an odd look as they pass in the opposite direction, but none approach or speak to you. However, upon arriving in Tritower, the local town guard is quick to recognize Falcon, even in his battered condition. You learn he is something of a local nuisance, and they are more than happy to take him off your hands. In fact, judging from the number of extra guards arriving as you explain your case, you quickly come to realize they are not asking you to relinquish the prisoner. Rather, it is a respectful version of a demand.

However, for those that believe there is a silver lining to what would otherwise be a dark and dreary cloud, the captain of the guard asks you to the garrison where you are each paid out 50 gold crowns -- a 200 gold reward split four ways. He halfway thanks you and halfway hustles you out because he has other things to attend to.

Upon meeting the priestess, she has each of you recount parts of the story. She seems to understand the situation with the guard and mentions she will inquire about the situation with him, since he singled out her mission. However, she doesn't seem too upset over not having him directly delivered--she has little desire to keep a prisoner, anyway. The acolyte delivers to each of you a sum of gold as per the original agreement, and Anna makes sure you each get a writ, good at the Glass Cathedral in Venza, for the extra paid to you for settling the Falcon incident.

Farewells are cordial. Anna seems to be most interested in chatting with Leira concerning matters of religion which most the rest of the group find uninteresting, renewing her promise to visit the shrine of Amenthia before leaving the Tritower area. After receiving his final farewell, Brandon is the first to leave, not bothering to watch the last of the formalities. He offers a dispassionate wave of his hand and disappears into the local Tritower pedestrian traffic, never to be seen again.

And while Priestess Anna's interaction with Karra is friendly, but short, it is her exchange with Francis that turns grabs attention. She seems to be in the middle of a friendly farewell when she almost nonchalantly launches into a sort of odd prophecy. "There are some things healing magic just cannot cure, halfling prince," she explains. "Your future grows dark--fare the well with thy challenges."

The young priestess seems as if she was about to explain herself when she suddenly reels back from the group, 'looking' about with a worried expression on her face. "Please leave--I must seek communion with Cortesia, immediately." With that Anna immediately withdraws from the occasion, leaving a rather stunned group and acolyte behind to muse her odd behavior. Quickly recovering, the acolyte thanks you for your service and hustles you back to the street, were Brandon disappeared into the crowd only moments before.

It's a long road home, but there is little for you here. At least you have gold and stories to show for it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ The End ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[sblock=End of Game]Alright, everyone, I hope you had a good time. You have successfully completed The Road to Tritower. Some things you'll want to do:
(1) Our judge, [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION], will be checking your awards. You'll want to hold of on any action until he does, sometimes the DM makes a mistake and the numbers get pushed up or down a little.
(2) Then, go to the first page and find your *total* gold and experience awards, and enter them on your sheet in the appropriate places. (Specific mentions of gold amounts, like the 50 gold above, are included in that total.) Also enter the adventure name, gold and experience awards, and items taken as loot. Each of you took one potion of cure light wounds as part of their loot.
(3) Expended items must be accounted for. For everyone left, that is pretty much a 50 gp expenditure for the potion. If you have any need of help on this or other accounting issues, feel free to ask.
(4) This adventure was cut short for staging reasons. We have to take (and sometimes, make) opportunities to mix groups, work in new people, etc. I cannot speak on what you missed--I'm going to keep it an use the material later.
(5) At any time you may re-introduce yourselves to the Dunn Wright Inn thread and engage in between adventures role-play with whomever is there. You don't have to worry about things like how long it takes to get back to Venza or anything like that.
(6) At any time you may visit the Mystic Pearl and spend your hard-earned loot on gear to better yourselves.[/sblock]
[sblock=Evil and stuff]Francis, I do not wish to get into argument by examples, particularly those that are not very applicable to this situation. I'm merely trying to tell you the general (non-Machiavellian) moral appraisal of your character's actions, and advise you to give it some thought. However, our time as a DM and player is now concluded, and I wish you all my best.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="thanks"]
Thanks Aura for the DMing work you did here. Was a pleasure to play with you (together as players or as DM/player).
Wish you all the fun in LPF, keep up the good work :)

Also thanks to the other players. It was fun gaming with you. Hope you will enjoy your time with LPF.

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Thank you Aura! How does the IOU note from Anna work? Do we have to roleplay that or do we automatically get when we post in the DWI, or is it already built in. Thank you again, I had a blast!

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=IOU note]Glad you had fun, peeps. The IOU note is an abstraction--it's included in your gold total and spends like gold in the Mystic Pearl thread. You can assume you went to the Glass Cathedral (Church of Cortesia) to call in the debt already, or write it into your role play in your Mystic Pearl shopping post. The choice is yours.[/sblock]

Remove ads