• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Your scouts open the door slightly to peer into the room and then report back to the group. The following section looks to be a small cargo hold full of crates, barrels and a large cage. The large cage was opened, and from the looks of it that was where the cockatrice had been kept. The crates are being upturned and barreled punctured open by three sahuagins. Further down the chamber is a withered, purple-skinned woman with white hair screeching angrily as she tears apart some sacks of flour with clawed hands, scattering the materials along the floor. Whatever she is saying to the creatures is in some strange aquatic tongue, and it's evident that her temper is making the sahuagin worried.

OOC: Feel free to make any needed preparations. I will also need to know the marching order of the party. The cargo hold's maneuverable area is fifteen wide by thirty five feet long, with the sahuagin fifteen feet from the door. So you can have your front row easily filled by two or three frontline fighters, and others behind them for support.

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Keeping his eyes on the sea witch, Arradon raises his left hand so that the entire party can see it. He holds up four fingers, letting those in the back know how many enemies he can see. He lowers his hand and returns to his ready stance.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless - 22 rounds remaining, +1 to hit, +1 vs Fear
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash draws his wand in preparation for renewing his Shield and getting into combat and ends up pointing around the room orchestrating an assault.

"What say Leira and I stand there and there on either side of that door and one of us holds it open? Then those of you with bows or missiles or magic to be thrown target the sahuagin. Try to take them out quickly so we can get to the Mother of Evil before she brings whatever dark powers she has to bear on us. After a volley or two then us deck-pounders dash in, finish off the sahuagin if any remain and we all focus on the hag. Any objections, alternate ideas, or accolades?"

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Used: shield charges: 1[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 18
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
OOC: Please don't let me hold up the story. Aelspeth can be NPC'd. She will Enlarge Leira immediately before the assault begins (duration 10 rounds) and then delay to engage sahuagin with her quarterstaff if she thinks she can finish off one that the others weaken. I should have Internet back up tomorrow night.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Listening intently to Qalabash's plan, Tamarie nods in response and points her now loaded crossbow towards the door. The barely-sharp point of the bolt makes the weapon seem less than lethal, but she still takes care not to point it directly at any of the other members of the group.

[sblock=Enlarge Person]I'd be worried that the ceiling is too low for this spell to be used, make sure to check with the DM.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7(Tamarie,Arradon)
Bolts remaining: 17/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow (loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless(18r)
Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-2 chg
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Aarmed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 11/20
Adaptable Luck: 0/3

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes]
+200 Gold - as advance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Francis begins to dig through his belongings, and applies a liberal amount of purply liquid to his crossbow bolt. "Nasty drow stuff... I've been on the wrong end of this, as Leira can verily attest. I think I'll aim this at the witch queen first. Oh, and Qalabash, your plan deserves the highest of accolades." As soon as the other members are set, he stands 10 feet back from the door entrance and fires his volley at the witch.

[sblock=Poison 84%]5 or under poison fail: 1D100 = [84] = 84
[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 14, Damage 1, Save DC 13]Attack 4 + Luck 2 + Bless 1: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
1D6 = [1] = 1
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I am hoping the witch is denied her DEX AC bonus due to surprise?[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Today was quite busy for me. I will have to update tomorrow. Again, very sorry. By the by, I am assuming that those being enlarged will do so after they pass the doorway into the next room for obvious reasons.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash, not hearing any objections from the group, grins at the halfling prince.

"Thank you, Your Royal Highness!"

He makes an elaborate bow and in the process manages to tap himself with his wand and activate another use of Shield.

"Any last minute preparations? No? On three, then. One, two..."

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Leaving it there for others to jump in with their preparations, if necessary. Otherwise, leaving it for DM update. Q will push open the door and move however necessary to hold it open for their ranged/magic attacks once everyone is ready.

Used: shield charges: 2[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 18
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads