[LPF] To Bee or Not to Bee

sunshadow21

Explorer
You really don't think this is a heavily traveled part of the forest. The "road" you've been traveling on for a detour is a glorified hunting path.

BigB

First Post
Deep in thought, examining the track they are following, Tsaaruck seemingly answers his own question.Looking at the path I guess it is not used much except perhaps by hunters and they would know the dangers of the area. If this spider is keen to leave us in peace we may be needed in town if the Bees are the same proportion as the ants and spider and someone could be in danger.

Cyclopean

First Post
Llotah has clearly paid minimal attention to Tsaaruck's speech. "Watch my back," he says with a shrug. "I can't move backwards without startling it."​ He turns around and begins slithering back to the path.

Melodramatic

First Post
"Well I guess I'll have to leave the spider out of this tale. Not that I'm complainin'" Raghzul says, probably amusing only himself. he keeps his blade high as Lolath moves away, so the treacherous vermin won't get any ideas, and then moves away himself.

Ragzhul laughs to the talk of mis-sized insects and sheaths his blade. "Giant bees? well not as funny as small ones, but that would be a sight indeed. Well enough talk lets continue before it calls any giant butterfly friends"

sunshadow21

Explorer
The spider watches the party warily but causes them no trouble. Eventually at dusk, you see the lights of the village ahead of you. You quickly make your way to the Seven Silvers, the inn, where a winsome young lass greets you, "Greetings, good sirs, what brings you to our tiny village at such an hour?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Oh good, he remembered to say something about that. I am his daughter, and yes, we have a bit of a bee problem. Well, really a crazy alchemist accident problem, but right now, the bees are the biggest difficulty. It appears that an a recently arrived hermit alchemist near the edge of town was doing some experimentation that got of control, and a number of normally harmless insects were rather enlarged. A couple of bees that were affected appear to be trying to setup a new nest, and that has a number of the townsfolk very concerned."

Cyclopean

First Post
Llotah nods. "I suppose you want us to get rid of the nest? We could do that. I'm sure that we'll be compensated adequetly; it'd be a shame if we came all this way over that washed-out trail for nothing."

Melodramatic

First Post
"Well then, seems like a worthy challenge indeed, lass" Ragzhul says, smiling to the girl. "But might I ask your name first? And if already on the subject, as my companion asked so bluntly, what kind of reward are we talking about?"

He gives a heartful smile and then adds with a laugh "Killing giant insects is, of course, a reward on its own end, but adventure without gold is as sad as a tavern without a bard, or worse; a tavern without me"

Remove ads