• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

Systole

First Post
The tengu examines the door, but it doesn't seem to be trapped, or even locked. He places his ear against it and hears a faint but rhythmic grinding noise, like stone on metal. It sounds almost like someone sharpening a weapon, which would be odd. If there were someone beyond the door, he would have to be deaf to have missed the sounds of battle.

GM: With no post in two weeks, it seems like we lost [MENTION=6704634]SpicyWaffle[/MENTION] . I'll give him a few more days and then NPC him until he can be removed. Just FYI, there's usually attrition in first level adventures, but in higher level adventures, it's rare to lose someone short of an actual RL emergency.

omnitricks

First Post
Feeling suspicious about what the sound might be, Paskell slowly opened the door to try and get a glimpse of its source before deciding on how to act.

[sblock=OOC]Again no Invisible Castle for me so I guess a stealth roll of 20+4 anyone?[/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
[sblock=OOC]While Invisible Castle is down, I was wondering if it might suffice temporarily to use Giantitp's dice roller function. I mean, they do have a board dedicated to dice rolls, and I know Systole has an account there.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Paskell opens the door a fraction. The northern room of the tower has a single bed, and several crude tables. Both the walls and the tables are adorned with all sorts of crude trophies and trinkets: bones, feathers, bits of shiny metal and colored glass. Piles of similar junk lay in heaps on the floor.

Unfortunately for the tengu, the door was being watched, and even the slight motion is enough to catch the eye of the watcher. Leaning against the far wall is another of the troglodytes, running a whetstone alone the blade of a looted dwarven waraxe. This particular specimen, however, is considerably larger than the others, standing almost seven feet in height. Its eyes glitter as it sees the door move, and it makes a choking sound which you think must be a laugh. "You kill dead the weak ones, yesss? Then come to Tulok. Tulok kill dead you!" He launches a javelin at the door, which embeds itself in the wood inches from the tengu's eye.

GM: Party is up. The door is unlatched but still closed, so the first person (and only the first person) through will need to spend an extra 5' of movement to get it open.

With Tulok watching the door, Paskell needed a pretty heroic stealth roll, and didn't get it.

trog_300.jpg

[sblock=Map]
ToP_204.png
[/sblock]

SinisterRogue

First Post
Sprinting into the room, Aeron dashes toward the large, monstrous figure with his scimitar sheathed as he readies to unleash his arcane power. Once in position, Aeron casts a spell in the direction of the troglodyte.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to N9 and the troglodyte should be just in range of the 15ft for the spell. Casting Color Spray at the troglodyte.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]

View attachment 56109
Aeron
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"What the?!?" the tengu exclaimed when the javelin got embedded into the door near him. As a reaction he ducked back into the room so he could take his time getting an idea of what to do with this "stronger one" but was surprised when Aeron dashed into the room.

"Soooo...big axe lizard"
he said making a big gesture before following Aeron into the room to get at the lizard.

[sblock=OOC]Paskell goes towards Tulok as near as possible (running if he has to) and goes full defense (fighting defensively wouldn't work right since I'm not attacking?)[/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
And they leapt into the flame. A battle this would be, and it would not be easy. He calmed himself, emptied his mind, and focused himself. He was a dervish, aligned with the universe and the gods above, and no one would stand against his blade. He centered himself, and began his dance of death.

[sblock=OOC]He moves 15' to L8, and replaces his standard action with a second move to activate Inspire Courage as a battle dance. Assuming that this counts as a round of bardic performance, he now has 6/7 rounds left today.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+2, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2), Torch
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage (+1 to ATT/DAM, as well as Will saves vs. Charm/Fear effects)
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The troglodyte throws his arm across his eyes as the magics wash over him. "RAAAAH! Magics!? Tulok slice you!" The creature charges Aeron, scoring a vicious wound across the tiefling's chest.

Behind you, you hear a door open. "Damn, another little one! I've got him!" Dane yells.

[sblock=GM]Sorry about the delay -- I live just outside Boston and it's been nuts. Tulok charges Aeron. Paskell gets an AoO, but missed. Tulok does 6 points to Aeron. Party is up.

You can ignore the second troglodyte -- he's just a way to keep Dane occupied while you guys fight.

Tulok: AC 19 (FF 11) [-2 to both due to charge], uninjured, dwarven waraxe in hand.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_205.png
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads