• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The torch fell from his hand, his blade traded so, and with nothing more than a flick of his wrist, the warrior produced a dagger, flinging it at his foe.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I really didn't want to be the first one to go, Ah well. Free action to drop the torch, I don't know what it would be to juggle your blade to the other hand, but I'd assume it'd be a swift action. Move action to draw and a standard to throw. I can't get to Invisible Castle or Giantitp, so if you could roll it, that'd be fantastic. My attack bonus for the dagger is +4 and the damage is 1d4+2.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+2, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage (+1 to ATT/DAM, as well as Will saves vs. Charm/Fear effects)
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

SinisterRogue

First Post
Aeron reeled back as he felt the monster's weapon score a terrible wound on his chest. Gasping for air and hoping to quickly end this fight, for his life probably depended on it, Aeron lashed out in retaliation with his scimitar in one hand and a spell in the other.

[sblock=Combat Rolls](Using Spell Combat) Attack Roll with Scimitar: 1d20-1 → [8,-1] = (7)
Concentration Check (DC 17, casting defensively): 1d20+4 → [4,4] = (8)
Attack Roll for Shocking Grasp: 1d20-2[1,-2] = (-1)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Thanks, Invisible Castle. lol. [/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]

View attachment 56109
Aeron
HP: 2/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision Spell Combat (-2 Attack Rolls)
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"Yes, go get the magic man" while I get you, the tengu thought to himself when moved into flanking position to give Tulok a good stab with the sword.

[sblock=OOC]1d20+2=10
looks like I missed[/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Samad's dagger misses Tulok, passing closer to Aeron than to the troglodyte. The giant troglodyte takes a giant overhead swing with the intention of ending the rogue's life then and there, but he apparently forgets the low, dwarven ceiling. His axe clangs into the stonework above, deflecting the blow harmlessly into the table full of trinkets next to him. "No! My preciouses!" he snarls. "You pay!"

In the other room, you hear the sound of a troglodyte squealing in pain as Dane lands a blow.

[sblock=GM]I believe that Paskell is now in N11 rather than M11, giving a flank to him and Aeron (+2 to hit). Otherwise, the map's not different enough to warrant posting a new one.

Samad's attack misses. (Note that attacking with ranged into melee has a -4 penalty without the Precise Shot feat. You're going to be better off moving in and attacking.)

SinisterRogue's bad luck infects Tulok, who rolls a natural 1. Party is up.

Tulok: AC 19 (FF 11), uninjured, dwarven waraxe in hand.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_205.png
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He realized that the dagger was a mistake, in hindsight. He quickly surveyed his foe. The lizardman's strikes were slow and clumsy, and he didn't seem to take notice of his surroundings, often leaving himself exposed. Samad moved with an almost unearthly grace to a better position; He made sure to stay out of the abomination's reach, who's swings, though uncoordinated, were still quite deadly. As Tulok dislodged his axe from what remained of his treasures, Samad seized his chance. He jumped, twisted, and raked his blade across the reptile's back.

[sblock=OOC]He moves 15ft to O8, 5 to P9, and an additional 15 to O11, for a total of 35 ft (Battle dance gives him a total of 40). This should put him in flanking position relative to Paskell.
Attack Roll: 1d20+2=21
Damage Roll: 1d6+2=8
Crit Confirmation: 1d20+2=18 Dang, only one under. No crit. :(

I also have 4 performance rounds left.

EDIT: Wait! I forgot flanking bonus! Does that apply to confirmation as well? If so, then Samad critically hits. Also, since I'm standing on the bed, do I get the higher ground bonus? :p[/sblock]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage (+1 to ATT/DAM, as well as Will saves vs. Charm/Fear effects)

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

SinisterRogue

First Post
Still feeling the sting of his gruesome wound, Aeron struggled and ultimately failed with his previous attempt at an assault. Knowing full well that his injuries will continue to hinder him, Aeron still pressed on with another swing of his sword and spell on his lips.

[sblock=Combat Rolls](Using Spell Combat) Attack Roll with Scimitar: 1d20+1 → [6,1] = (7)
Concentration Check (DC 17, casting defensively): 1d20+4 → [1,4] = (5)
Attack Roll for Acid Splash: 1d20 → [8] = (8)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Pay no mind to the attacks of the wildly flailing Tiefling... [/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]
View attachment 56109
Aeron
HP: 2/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision Spell Combat (-2 Attack Rolls), Flanking (+2 Attack Rolls)
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Taking advantage of Tulok's bad luck with the waraxe and the momentarily distraction it provided from his concern for his preciouses, Paskell raised his sword and took aim at one of his adversary's vitals. Striking true, the tengu sent a jibe as sharp as his weapon "surrender! I'm sure you get the point!"

[sblock=OOC] Attack Roll = 1d20+2=20
Damage = 1d8=3, 1d6=3
Comedy for lols = 1d20+6=11[/sblock]

Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Tulok turns around, swinging wildly at the tengu but missing. "Die! I kill all! Blood!"

[sblock=GM]Party is up. Tulok is near death.

Tulok: AC 19 (FF 11), near death (3/17 hp), dwarven waraxe in hand.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Trying to send another blow to Tulok after dodging the waraxe, Paskell was unable to regain his footing and missed his attacks entirely.

[sblock=OOC]Hmmmm, thought I wanted to do a bite attack to finish him off with a little style but found out I can just make it for free with my normal attacks. Should have done it earlier lol but oh well. Just try it here then.
Attack: 1d20+2=9
Bite: 1d20-3=16

Andddd it missed. Curses only one more for a crit![/sblock]

Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad aimed to finish the beast, but the beast was lucky. As the elf swung, so too did Tulok; the lizard's wild swings caused it to narrowly avoid his blade. It would not be so next time.

[sblock=OOC]Attack roll: 1d20+4=11 C'mon Aeron Chair, it's all up to you. :p

3 perfomance rounds left[/sblock]

portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads