• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

SinisterRogue

First Post
Seeing the monster turn to attack Samad, Aeron took the chance to lash out once more and hopefully score a hit. Hit blade went well wide of its mark as the monster deftly brushed it off with his axe. Still trying to salvage his assault, Aeron unleashed his magic in the form of acid towards the creature. Unfortunately, Aeron misjudged the distance and his magical attacked landed unceremoniously on the ground beside the target. Aeron gritted his teeth and huffed in frustration.

[sblock=Combat Rolls](Using Spell Combat) Attack Roll with Scimitar: 1d20+2 → [5,2] = (7)
Concentration Check (DC 17, casting defensively): 1d20+4 → [9,4] = (13)
Attack Roll for Acid Splash: 1d20+1 → [3,1] = (4)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]8*( [/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]
View attachment 56109
Aeron
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 2/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision Spell Combat (-2 Attack Rolls), Flanking (+2 Attack Rolls), Inspire Courage (From Samad's perform)
Spells Remaining (1st): 1/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Unable to land a blow on the tengu, Tulok turns his attentions to the desert nomad. This time, the troglodyte's axe strike true, but it's only a flesh wound. "Ha! Tulok kill you! You die!" the beast laughs.

[sblock=GM]Samad takes 4 damage. (Ignore Tulok's rantings. He barely hit and he rolled minimum damage.) Party is up. Tulok still is near death.

Tulok: AC 19 (FF 11), near death (3/17 hp), dwarven waraxe in hand.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
The tengu tried the same attack again fully intent to stop the troglodyte and its annoying laugh but unfortunately it seemed the latter was affecting him too much to get a proper aim.

[sblock=OOC]Attack Roll: 1d20+2=18
Bite:
1d20-3=0

Darn it dice! Why do you taunt me like this?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Natural 20 is always a hit. Roll beak damage.

Nevermind, I thought I saw natural 20 for the beak attack. My bad.[/sblock]

SinisterRogue

First Post
Seeing Samad suffer a nasty wound, Aeron redoubled his efforts. His scimitar swung in low, aiming to cut out the legs from under the monster but the creature managed to leap over it at the last moment. Not deterred, Aeron unleashed another wave of magical acid from his other hand but missed.

[sblock=Combat Rolls](Using Spell Combat) Attack Roll with Scimitar: 1d20+2 → [12,2] = (14)
Concentration Check (DC 17, casting defensively): 1d20+4 → [16,4] = (20)
Attack Roll for Acid Splash: 1d20+1 → [8,1] = (9)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Well, its getting better at least. lol [/sblock]

View attachment 56109
Aeron
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision Spell Combat (-2 Attack Rolls), Flanking (+2 Attack Rolls), Inspire Courage (From Samad's perform)
Spells Remaining (1st): 0/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad lashed out, only to have his blade deflected by the brute's axe. As it raked across his chest, he grunted in suppressed pain, "No, not yet."
[sblock=OOC]I don't think Invisible Castle likes us all that much.
Attack roll: 1d20+4=5 Natural 1. :c
2 f*****g performance rounds left.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 5/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+2, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage (+1 to ATT/DAM, as well as Will saves vs. Charm/Fear effects)
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Tulok swings wildly. At this point, it's unclear even who he's aiming at. This time, he sweeps the trinkets off the table completely. "No! Your fault! You bleed now!"

[sblock=GM]My dice are just as bad. Tulok misses. Now for the love of Mike, please finish this fight, because I am embarrassed for everyone involved, myself included.

Tulok: AC 19 (FF 11), near death (3/17 hp), dwarven waraxe in hand.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Not even wanting to comment to acknowledge how hard it has been for all three people to take down this one opponent Paskell put his full attention on trying to score another hit but being unable to do so, took a step backwards to recompose himself.

[sblock=OOC]Attack Roll: 1d20+2=5
Bite:
1d20-3=9
Moving back for minimum charging range at the next round.
Acrobatics:
1d20+11=17

Well, its 19 AC without our hard hitter. Not surprising really but I guess I'll have to try something else after this.
[
/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SinisterRogue

First Post
Aeron, beginning to feel the fatigue building from the drawn out fight continued his assault.

[sblock=Combat Rolls](Using Spell Combat) Attack Roll with Scimitar: 1d20+2 → [15,2] = (17)
Attack Roll for Acid Splash: 1d20+1 → [5,1] = (6)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Ya, that 19 AC is tough to get past...even when I managed to not roll crap, lol. [/sblock]

View attachment 56109
Aeron
Spells Remaining (1st): 0/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He stopped. He focused. The axe wheeled around again, and Samad saw his opening. Leveraging the blunted side of his blade against his arm, he deflected the blow as Tulok fell forward against the razor's deadly kiss. He released himself from his trance, and stood over the dying creature.

"No. I will not bleed for you." It was a lie, of course. His chest started throbbing as it had before, as he stepped down from his perch. He sat, and noticed blood trickling from his wound. He realized, though, that Aeron's wound was far more grievous, now that the chaos was gone and he could take in his surroundings anew. He lowered his mask, and held out his hand expectantly, "Paskell, we have need of that wand once again."

[sblock=OOC]Attack: 1d20+4=20
Damage: 1d6+2=7
Ending dance with 1 round left.
Now that was a tragedy. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 5/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+2, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads