[LPF]Treasure Hunt

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: Well, if we found, or believe we found, what we came here for, we can go crash in the cave for the night and start back in the morrow. If we don't believe we have found it, we can go up the staircase back a room or two and see what is up there.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: If people want to wrap this up neatly rp wise, they have until tomorrow to do post something, otherwise, I'm calling it finished, and doing the final math.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel heaves a sigh of relief as the thing dies, and then nods as Marcus commends her for her final attack against the beast. She then leans against the wall as she takes a piece of cloth out of her bag and proceeds to wipe the icor of the undead beast off of her sword, a process which takes a little longer than she would desire. Once that is accomplished she looks back to the others and says "Well I am up for seeing what is up those stairs in the other room. However I would prefer to do so only after having rested a bit. What say the rest of you?"

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge nods his agreement.

I am happy to go wherever the rest of you wish to lead. My shoulder should be much better after some rest.

OOC: Thanks for running this SS21. It has been fun.

sunshadow21

Explorer
After a short rest, you go up the stairs, and find a mostly ruined keep that has obviously been rebuilt a number of times, often recycling earlier building components. Right now, only one structure is still semi-intact, and houses the remains of a recent campsite with a bunch of goblinoid looking gear. Nothing of interest really jumps out at you in the campsite or amongst the rubble.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus stands in the campsite, looking around with his hands on his hips. He sighs and extends his left foot, flicking a dented, beat up looking tin mug with the toe of his boot.

I guess that's it, then, right? If these fellows had a camp set up here, and we got them all, we could just take the night here. We could make a fire even. I wonder if there might be something edible nearby. A stream where some fish might could be caught or something. If anyone is interested I can go nose around.

OOC: If anyone/all want something like fresh fish to eat, if he can find somewhere, he'll take a stab, no pun intended, at attempting to bow-spear a few fish. Otherwise, that's all I have for him, aside from the walk back.

sunshadow21

Explorer
After resting for the night at the campsite, you make the short trip back to town. When you get back to the DWI, you find that the treasure hunters are not currently about, but will be returning at some point, so you settle down for a bite to eat while you wait. After about an hour, the tengu come in, looking rather beat up, and a bit disappointed. When they see you and your latest gear, they perk up, come on over, and pull up a chair. After calling for some drinks for both themselves and you, "I see you've had better success than we have on our pick of targets. I knew that site still held some secrets just waiting for the right group. Please, drink and share your story as we celebrate the highs and drown out the lows of this adventuring life."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus, not standing at the edge this time, relays the fun approach to the tower, starting with the frogman things. Then the cave and it's strange painting. He skips the dinner conversation, going right to the strike of lightning that caused the mural to break and the rats the poured into the camp. He tries not to skip any details as he gradually works his way up to the point when the last mural revealed the passage behind. He stops there, and notes that the mural was copied down and takes the opportunity to sip his beverage as that is located and displayed for the "Brothers Grimm".

OOC: Otherwise, he'll just ramble about what all happened, pausing to let others jump in and tell their parts of the tale as they go, until the battle with the bugbear is completed and the arrival at the campsite above.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
During the conversations with the Tengu, Fae'shiel seems rather subdued. Preferring to let the others perform the conversation instead of her. Though she will mention that it was her, who deciphered the meaning of the Mural that revealed the secret room. Other than that she lets the others have their way with the story as they will.

OOC: Unless anyone else complains about it, and unless I can't manage to pay for it with my share of the treasure I am exceedingly interested in the Black Dragonhide Agile Breastplate.

Remove ads