[LPF] Veiled Antics

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Jamir nodded in agreement with Charity's plan and Robert's logic in asking a few more questions.

“Okay this looks to be coming together. Perhaps we should purchase some big cloaks to cover armor and weapons while we are loitering around the warehouse's exterior. I am not the best at disguises, but I can give it a try.”

He did not have any more questions himself; Jamir was not a very good tactical planner.

[sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +3
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +4 CMD: 16(14ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 12/12 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 4/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

Jasmine sensed that you were about ready to go and she signaled a passing barmaid over. With a few coins, she paid whatever tab she had left open.

"The warehouse is not far, but it is not in the Gulls. However, it is in the next district over in Incudine along the border with Ranocchio. The neighborhood is starting to become rundown and vacant as of late from what I understand. There are some abandoned building around, but there are likely to be a few legitimate craftsmen and such. The White Cloak patrols are not very frequent though."

"We do have some time to make a few stops along the way, but we should not tarry too long."

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Charity:   32/32 HP remaining;
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining:
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 0/12, Spells 1st 0/4
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

Robert nods at Jamir's suggestion.
"I second Jamir's idea with the cloaks. Especially Charity would stand out with her shiny armor and all. After that, I am good to go."

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Hunh," the flame-haired girl leads her comment, "I don't know what to do about my pole-arm, though. It's not going to fit under a cloak in any circumstance. It does make me look rather like I am ready for a fight, to be honest. It's the only reason anyone carries such weapons." Sitting back, she muses, "Do I need to reconsider my weapons? I am used to fighting a particular way, but I'm not exactly married to it, to be honest."

[sblock=Shiny Armor]Well, Mithral does have a silvery look to it, but more shiny than ordinary armor? I'm not so sure, the ACP, which covers things like stealth, is very low at only -1, so it couldn't be too bad? I'm not sure.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jamir shrugged, “I suppose it really depends on what we are trying to look like or not look like.”

“If we blatantly look like expensively equipped adventurers, then a cloak to cover glittering armor might be enough to make us look more like common thugs or men-at-arms. That might be all we need to look less conspicuous.”

“But if we want to make it look like we are common folk, the polearms and other large martial weapons might get in the way of that impression.”

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 4/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock]
[sblock=Shiny Armor]I think the shininess of armor doesn’t play into Stealth because once you are seen, then you are not able to hide anyway. Without something to block line of sight (like cover or concealment) hiding is pretty much impossible without a feature like Hide In Plain Sight or Invisibility. Unless the armor was illuminated, then even shiny armor would not hurt you much in the shadows, darkness, or behind a barrel. At least not more than the mechanic penalty already imposed by the ACP.

However, it could come into play as a DM imposed circumstance penalty if the situation warrants. Same goes for trying to disguise your appearance and hide said shiny armor from being seen by onlookers.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

The ranger thinks for a moment then nods.
"You are right, Jamir, lets dress up as thugs that would be the easiest to accomplish."

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Hunh, perhaps I should get my armor painted in the future to match my common mode of dress. As it is, its a little 'off the shelf' for now. In any case, I don't object to the whole cloak idea." Charity stops and thinks a moment. "I guess we're going to kinda look bit like thugs with clothing that conceals so much, so I am not against carrying my primary weapon."

The young woman looks around, thinking some more, then adds, "We don't want to skip on any simple issues, like dealing with darkness. I have an ioun torch, a small stone that flies and sheds light, for such a thing. Anything else that seems immediately obvious we need to be prepared for?"

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

Robert takes some time, thinking about possible circumstances.
"I cannot think of anything else. I doubt we will encounter magical fog again. Though maybe something to cover your mouth with while also being able to wield your weapons. I fear we'l end up in the sewers."

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jamir brightened up and pulled a stone from a pouch, “Yeah, I have one of those ioun stones as well.”

“But I also know a spell that can conjure floating lanterns or torches. It lasts about a minute and I can send them floating around ahead.”

He wrinkled his nose in distaste, “I certainly hope we do not have to slog through sewers. But if we do, I ahve a spell to clean up and rid us of the stench.”

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding in agreement, her mop of red hair flows through the motions. "That all sounds fine, three light sources between just Jamir and I. So I suppose it's a matter of gathering gear and buying these cloaks, then getting to the warehouse in question. Shall we be going?" With that, Charity motions towards the door to the Dunn Wright Inn as the chatter between the other adventurers continues.