[LPF] Veiled Antics

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

Robert is visibly taken aback from the hits but that changes as soon as Charity lays her hands on him.

"I cannot imagine why." The Ranger remarks at Charity's last comment. "But thanks for the touchy bits. Time to kill some rats." Robert says with a wink and a mischievous smile on his face and then proceeds to draw his trusty weapon and charge at one of the Attackers. "Lets make this hurt."

[sblock="actions"]

Question: With the Lightsource moved towards the attackers, do they still have concealment? I don't think so but if they still do, feel free to do the concealment roll.

-Draw Weapon (quick draw feat)
-charge using Power Attack at Ratguy Nr. 1 moving to F-21

Charge attack at Ratguy 1: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31
2D6+12 = [1, 1]+12 = 14

low balling the damage here -_-

Crit Confirmation roll.: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24
2D6+12 = [3, 5]+12 = 20

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 29/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (Masterwork)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Robert Character Sheet Error]My apologies to both player and DM, but I see I didn't correct Robert's character sheet for the increased damage he should get from Str 20. It's going to mean basically 1 more point across the board with melee attacks. I should have caught that with the level 4 review, unless the belt purchase happened after... I forget when that was.

PS: As an aside, I suspect the light situation has not changed, but perrinmiller has the final say, of course. Charity dropped an ioun torch into the square with the ladder.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Jamir heard the sounds of battle and Charity and Robert trading banter as they looked at counter-attacking. She noted that Robert declared something about rats and he spared a look for Jasmine. “We found them.”

He descended the ladder, not rushing since he was only looking to reach the bottom.

The bard recited an inspiring verse from a poem, “Falkyrie strode into his foes, blood flinging from his blade as he waded into them. A true angel of death the hero was to his enemies…”

[sblock=Actions]Move down the ladder to E18
Start Bardic Performance, +1 Inspire Courage (useable next round)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +3
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +4 CMD: 16(14ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 12/12 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 4/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

Jasmine remained up top for a moment as the trio descended.

Wererat1_zpsd5e3d9b6.png

Robert’s blow was deadly, severing the rat-folk’s neck.

“You should not have come here! It shall be your own death!”
The remaining rats swarmed around the warriors, shortswords glinting off the light. One came after warrior with the large blade, missing him as Robert deflected it away with own sword. The other two took on the armored woman, tumbling in to get around the polearm. Despite closing in, neither was very effective.

OOC: Combat: Round 2 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- There are chairs and a table providing cover
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

LPFVAEnc1Map02_zps3ee94449.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]You have 3 Rounds of Inspired Courage +1 remaining
R2 moved & missed Robert
R3 moved with Acrobatics & Missed Charity
R4 moved with Acrobatics & Missed Charity

Initiative:
Rat Guys (Knowledge Local to know more)
You Guys

Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   26/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    29/42 HP remaining: 
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 1/6, Ch Energy 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 1/12, Spells 1st 0/4
Conditions in effect: +1 Inspire Courage
Enemy Status:
Code:
R1  Dead
R2  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; 
R3  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp; 
R4  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17]: ??/??hp;
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Yeah, there are no rules to tell you that gripping a weapon with one hand, then adding your other free hand costs you an action. So it is a Free Action. You can switch things from one hand to another for a Free Action too by the same logic.

Also there are no hard rules on how many things you can hold in one hand either. So as long a person is being reasonable, they can hold multiple things in one hand. Though, to actually fight with a 2HD weapon, both hands would have to be used without anything else in them.

Correct, the light source is on the floor and is not moving closer to the rats. Someone would have to pick it up first.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"How nice of you to walk right to me. That way I don't have to walk over to you to kill you." The Ranger says with a hint of glee in his voice before he swings his trusty sword towards the ratman.

[sblock="actions"]

Powerattack vs Rat 2: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
2D6+13 = [3, 4]+13 = 20

ps: fixed the damage on my wiki, thanks Aura for the catch (pretty sure I bought the belt after you gave Robert the pass so it is entirely my fault)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

Current Weapon in Hand: none

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
With the agile rat men slipping inside her guard so easily, Cortesia's guard cursed under her breath and spun back in an effort to bring her long weapon to bear. Zeroing in on one of her attackers, she suddenly reversed her motion and stepped in, striking down on the one advancing around the table as Jamir hit one of the down beats in his poem.

Shooting Jamir an impish grin, Charity offered a quick thanks, "Nice, thank you!" Reeling in her lucerne hammer for another strike and long red hair gliding behind her motion, Charity added, "That sure hit a chord!" Setting for the next advance from the rat men, the woman whispered something under her breath and a flash of life-giving energy coursed through her body, helping her deal with the pain from the first salvo of crossbow bolts.

[sblock=Actions]5' Step to F-19. Power Attack (w/Inspire Courage) Rat Man 4, probably hitting for 15. Swift action to Lay on Hands (self) for 9 pts. Season with a little chatter.

Round 2 LucHammer Power Attack on RatMan 4: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D12+10 = [5]+10 = 15

Round 2 Self Lay On Hands: 3D6 = [1, 5, 3] = 9

Sounds good on the grip handling of the pole arm--thanks perrinmiller. :)
And we got lucky not to lose Robert's crit to a concealment roll, although everyone is in full light... for now.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 35/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/6
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: ioun torch
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Jamir left off the continuation of his inspiring oration, the words of the hero’s tale still lingering in his allies ears.

He cast a spell to strike fear into the unwounded rat-man's heart. “And Falkyrie's mere presence on the battlefield struck fear into the hearts of his foes!”

Then he drew out his whip, loosening the long coil as he shook the handle right hand.

“You two are doing good work. Keep it up.”

[sblock=Actions]Lingering Inspire Courage will last 2 more rounds yet.
Cast Cause Fear on R3, Saved but Shaken for 1 Round
Drew whip.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +3
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +4 CMD: 16(14ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow & Whip

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 12/12 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 3/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

Jasmine started her descent, but remained on the ladder.

Wererat1_zpsd5e3d9b6.png

While both Charity and Robert attempted mighty blows with their two-handed weapons, the actual injuries sustained appeared to be rather superficial. Something was not quite right.

“Oh, we are far from dead yet! Get the healer!”
The rats continued to stick close, stepping in between and inside Charity's polearm. Robert managed to turn away a stabbing shortsword and swayed back to avoid the gnashing teeth trying to nip his face.

The rat-man was a little shaken by the bard's spell, but he did not break and run. He shifted over and covered his comrade's approach to step in closer to flank the armored woman. He did not get through her armor, but the flanker managed to deliver a shallow cut on Charity's arm. It was more annoying than hampering.

OOC: Combat: Round 3 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- There are chairs and a table providing cover
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

LPFVAEnc1Map03_zps98aca1f4.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Charity and Robert discovered DR10 on the rat-men.
You have 2 Rounds of Inspired Courage +1 remaining
R2 5ft stepped & missed Robert 2x
R3 5ft stepped & Missed Charity 2x
R4 moved & flanked Charity, hit for 10 dmg

Initiative:
Rat Guys (Knowledge Local to know more)
You Guys

Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   25/42 HP remaining; 10dmg
Robert:    29/42 HP remaining: 
Jamir:     23/23 HP remaining;
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 2/6, Ch Energy 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 1/12, Spells 1st 1/4
Conditions in effect: +1 Inspire Courage
Enemy Status:
Code:
R1  Dead
R2  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17, DR10]: 10/20hp; 
R3  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17, DR10]: 20/20hp; Shaken 1 rnd
R4  [AC19, Touch 14, CMD17, DR10]: 15/20hp;
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
180px-Robert.png

"Don't casually stroll away, rat. I wasn't done with you!" Roberts says before taking another swing at the rat, but this time misses by a large margin. "Stupid Rat." He mumbles under his breath

[sblock="actions"]

Attack vs Rat 2

Power-Attack + Flanking against Rat 2: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
2D6+13 = [6, 5]+13 = 24
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark

Current Weapon in Hand: none

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Arm bleeding, Charity steps away from the rat men presently singling her out. "Bright Lady! They are strangely tough to hurt," she exclaims as she ends up next to Jamir, a look of concern on her face. Breathing out evenly, she slides her weapon past the first assailant hoping to connect with the one further away, but can't seem to find her mark.

Raising her voice, the young Venzan calls out, "Cut them down, Robert! I seem to have their attention!"

[sblock=Combat Actions]5' Step to E-19
Swift Action: Smite Rat Man 3
Standard Action: Pole Arm Power Attack Rat Man 3

Note: AC becomes +4 against Rat Man 3.

Round 3 Lucerne Hammer Smiting Power Attack on Ratman 3 with Inspire Courage: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
1D12+14 = [5]+14 = 19

Looks like a miss unless Shaken somehow effects AC. However, the condition modifiers are usually clear on that sort of thing and it isn't mentioned.

Oh, and I'm assuming the lack of mention about the bedding on the floor being difficult terrain means it is not. I'm also assuming they are evil, which now seems considerably more likely.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 25/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/6
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Weapon in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none