• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Velvet Underground

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, human female Summoner

Drevezh'korol nods accepting Mortar's tactical wisdom. "I do somewhat resemble a log... The underbrush may make silence difficult but I shall make like a leaf and tree." He steps off the road into the underbrush.

"It is a good start; and that's a fine way of looking at this job." Overhearing Drev's poor joke she rolls her eyes and whispers theatrically to Yoshiki. "He never gets that joke right, no matter how many times I explain it to him."

Caim

First Post
Mortar laughs at Drev's joke, even though he failed it. "Well put my friend." Mortar watchs Drev make his way into the underbrush. He then turns his attention back to the tracks and tries to discern if the wagon was moving at a quickened pace, which could indicate distress.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo stops for a moment and looks puzzled, "I thought it was make lake a tree and leave?"

He continues on still pondering the woodman's mis-wording.

[sblock=all] I hope we don't encounter this:
horror or horrors! [/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Mortar leads the party deeper into the woods. He is able to tell quickly that the wheel ruts are still rather fresh, made no more than two days ago. Going down the path proves easy for him.

The forest closes in on the group as they stick to the vestigal trail. The trees grow close together, moss hangs from the branches, vines litter the floor, and the canopy weaves taut, choking off much of the sunlight. The Tenebrous Wood may be small compared to some of the forests elsewhere, but it makes up for it with density.

Sticking to the trail proves fruitful, as Mortar notices a broken wagon ahead. However, soon afterward, the stench of death assaults him like a pair of daggers up his nostrils. It becomes clear quickly, as the horse which pulled the cart lies disemboweled, flies and beetles hard at work at decay. The wagon wheels are broken, the caravan cover untied and not covering the wagon's contents.

The contents of the wagon are a couple shattered crates, and a corpse. The corpse is human, male, tall and slender, with a long handlebar moustache.

Caim

First Post
Mortar assumes a low crouch as he moves to the side of the trail, looking for what could have done this.

Aye, this is just as we feared. That must be the merchants runner. Is this a trap?

Mortar scans the arrow, his hands never leaving his crossbow.

OOC:
Looking for anything out of the ordinary, other than the dead body. Wow. Good eyes bad hide...

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki follows Mortar's lead and ducks down on the opposite side of the trail, trying not to make a much noise as the dwarf did. Looking back at the others, he makes a gesture to stop and get low. He begins looking around, including high up in the trees for anyone that may be watching.

OOC: Almost the same rolls. Must be the underbrush making it hard to be quiet.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
'whew, this smells just like the planks.', thinks vincenzo, his brow wrinkling at the stench. While others are watching the front , sides and in the trees, the swords man starts to watch toward the back.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, human female Summoner

A tad slower than everyone else, Elenka nonetheless follows their lead and ducks to maintain a lower profile. She proceeds slowly making sure to follow only where Mortar has already gone so as not to mar any tracks that may have been left by the bandits or whatever else it may have been that committed this dark act. She will also look for evidence of the criminals herself.

Drevezh'korol moves as silently as he can through the thick underbrush keeping a parallel course to that taken by the party. He also keeps alert for any dangers.

[sblock]Wow, not a single roll over seven.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Mortar cringes with every little noise made by himself and the party.

Good thing I'm more of a fighter than a sneaky ranger. I'm sure if there are any bandits or creatures of the forst about they heard that display.

OOC:
Wow GE, I think its time to sacrifice a D20 to the dice gods...for all us.

Remove ads