• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Velvet Underground

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=HolyMan]
Yes, I'd like for you to be the judge on this one.
[/sblock]

OOC: Wow, that's loud. I'll move the action forward in about a day.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Looking around carefully, Mortar notices a group of small footprints leading away from the broken cart, into the forest. Wincing at the multiple crunching sounds he and his companions make as they move through the leaf litter, he examines the disturbed ground as it slinks into the tree cover. There appears to be something dragging along the ground with the footsteps as it goes deeper off the path.

That's when Yoshiki notices, out of the corner of his eye, something. Something colorful catches the little light penetrating the woods, like a cape or a cloak, and disappears again.

[sblock=ooc]
Let me know if there's any different image you'd like me to use to represent your character. Yes, it's being mapped.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Tenebrous Wood - 1.jpg
    Tenebrous Wood - 1.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 65

Caim

First Post
Mortar points out the footprints leading into the forest to the other members as he removes his earth breaker from its mount, still holding onto his crossbow. He then moves alongside the footprints, following then wherever they lead him.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: re:image used
My name is inigo montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.
love it . use it!

Hearing the crunching of dried leaves from his own feet, Vincenzo stops and reassess where he chooses to step.

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki freezes and locks his gaze on a point off into the woods, hoping to spot again whatever it was he saw. Softly, yet sternly, he says, "We're being watched! Ready yourselves!"

EDIT: Dialog above was from previous perception that IVV already resolved. Below Perception check was to try and see if I could see him again as I stare off in the direction, keeping my eyes peeled.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, human female Summoner

Elenka prepares herself by drawing her terbutje. The heavy, blackened steel blade sits easily in her hand as she peers into the surrounding forest trying to catch sight of whatever it is that Yoshiki has warned them about. Drevezh'korol steps a bit closer to Elenka and flexes the fingers of his massive hands.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Vincenzo senses an opening in the bushes, and realizes that it is a great place to hide. He crouches in, the leaves covering him convincingly, but leaving him with an obstructed view.

Mortar carefully moves forward, watching the tracks. He successfully follows the small humanoid tracks into the deep forest, but then, he notices more tracks! The tracks continue right, but they also continue left! The dragging appears to move in both directions! Whatever is out there, it travels through here regularly, and it drags something along with it!

Yoshiki looks around carefully and spots the cloak again. The cloak is covered in multiple patterns, each a different color. The hood is dark inside, and any face inside is not visible.

Elenka and Drevezh'Korol close ranks, expecting the worst. Vincenzo realizes something: this perfect little hiding place, it is a little too perfect, like it was planned... and he realizes he smells a foul breath as he turns to see a leering goblin stab with his sword in this little space!

Arrows fly from the forest at Mortar, shooting him in the arm, and he can see that they come from other goblins in the trees in the distance! Before he reacts, a small stick rises up from the forest floor and starts annoyingly trying to beat him!

OOC: Consider this terrain dense forest. The dark green squares can provide concealment and cover, if you know what you want cover from. Surprise Round over, initiatives, please.

[sblock=stealth rolls]
1d20+10=26, 1d20+10=27
1d20+14=25
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Mortar 9/14
Yoshiki 9/9
Elenka 11/11
Drevezh'Korol 11/11
Vincenzo 12/12, concealment

Goblin 1: Unharmed
Goblin 2: Unharmed